Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By BatDan
Alphagaia wrote: March 21st, 2019, 5:48 pm
RichRyan1507 wrote: March 21st, 2019, 5:30 pm Someone make it stop.
Yeah, while I agree there was mysogony during and after the launch of ATC, we don't need a daily reminder. Not the place nor the time, Slimered. It's getting monotonous.
When you're so annoying about defending the Reboot even Alpha tells you to shut up. (no offense, AL, i love ya)
timeware, RichRyan1507, deadderek and 4 others liked this
By timeware
Slimered, If you need another gentle reminder this is falling into the broken record category. Am I a hypocrite? Probably. Your telling us to have an open mind here but you seem pretty closed off in your ideology. Calling views outdated, and telling people they need to think your way allows for no debate, or having an argument based off facts. Again I think wev'e had enough of the identity politics and don't want to go through all this again.
RichRyan1507, BatDan, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By BatDan
Slimered,

I mean, the reboot was a divisive mess for everyone okay?

most of the backlash for the reboot came, because a lot of people have been waiting for GB3 for 20 years, and it was not movie we were waiting for all this time.. and now it's finally happening, can we enjoy it without going back to the bickering that once was?

The 'sexists' arent winning, because this film is going to have FEMALE ghostbusters in it as well..so...you're overruled, and if Ghostheads were so "sexist'...why do we hold Kylie Griffin in such high regard?
By deadderek
Can a mod intervene please? This poster is going off topic and shitting up the thread.

This is about the new Ghostbusters film coming out in 2020. It will not involve the reboot characters, and the 2016 film literally has its own board.

Please make a new topic for discussion if you badly want to but stay ON TOPIC in this thread please.
Sav C, BatDan, RichRyan1507 and 2 others liked this
By Sav C
I wonder what role JK Simmons has in it--he says he knows everything, but can reveal nothing. I wonder if he'll be playing a comedic character, or a character more like the reporter in Spider Man. Those Spider Man movies were really good. Or maybe he'll go Whiplash style (never actually watched that movie, tbh).

Perhaps he'll play the villain. Neither Ghostbusters movie had a really big name as the villain, so it would be a first I believe!
deadderek, BatDan liked this
By Sav C
deadderek wrote: March 21st, 2019, 6:59 pm Please make a new topic for discussion if you badly want to but stay ON TOPIC in this thread please.
Agreed. I'm not one to mind some digression typically (actually, I'm usually the guilty party when it comes to digressing (oops, digressing again)), but this is getting way out of hand.
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By timeware
Sav, that's why I labeled myself a hypocrite to not feed the debate beast. You know with all these 80 movies coming out again next year I kind of want to put myself into a diabetic coma and wake up opening day. I kid, I kid. Seriously though I can't freaking wait.
By Sav C
Me neither. Not only is there gonna be a sequel to Ghostbusters, but there is also gonna be another Jumanji (although that's in December). Quite a few big films! Also, there's a sequel to Wonder Woman (although that's '60s stuff (have you ever seen the original series? It's a lot like the Adam West Batman, although not quite as campy)). I still haven't seen the Wonder Woman from a few years back--if it's on Netflix I should think about checking it out.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
deadderek wrote: March 21st, 2019, 6:59 pm Can a mod intervene please? This poster is going off topic and shitting up the thread.
While we have moderators from America and the U.K. here, we aren't always able to provide 24/7 moderation. And in fairness to Slimered, they aren't the one who's swearing, here.

Guys, try ignore Slimered's posts, remarking on them is as disruptive... If not actually more disruptive to the topic than their posts.
Slimered wrote: March 21st, 2019, 5:24 pmBut as a major media company in the business they have a duty to show that outdated views will never win, no matter how much they try to vote with their wallets. These people need telling that they cannot simply not turn up to a film because of the gender (or whatever else) of the lead cast and later be handed the film they want on a plate. That's not how they get a victory. You only win by being open-minded and accepting equal representation for all.
Maybe in an ideal world, but this world is far from ideal.

Slimered, I more than understand your passion, but your posts are starting to become disruptive in this topic - which is about the new Ghostbusters film, not about Answer the Call, the reasons it was unsuccessful, or combatting sexism and misogyny in society. You've made your point, now, to keep this thread on-topic, I'd like to ask you to let that subject settle.
deadderek, RichRyan1507, Sav C and 3 others liked this
By Kingpin
This is by no means confirmed, but in the absense of anything more concrete...
A fellow Ghosthead in the Arizona Ghostbusters shared this a little earlier, it should probably be taken with a pinch of salt seeing as it's been posted by a bitter former 59 Cadillac owner.

What's of interest of course... Is that according to said former Cadilly owner, the red and white car is Ecto-1A (and looking at photos from when she was being stripped down, it does look like her):

RichRyan1507, savintheday, deadderek and 4 others liked this
By RichRyan1507
Kingpin wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm This is by no means confirmed, but in the absense of anything more concrete...
A fellow Ghosthead in the Arizona Ghostbusters shared this a little earlier, it should probably be taken with a pinch of salt seeing as it's been posted by a bitter former 59 Cadillac owner.

What's of interest of course... Is that according to said former Cadilly owner, the red and white car is Ecto-1A (and looking at photos from when she was being stripped down, it does look like her):

Very interesting! Could they end up having both 1 and 1-A in the film or is this one maybe going to be the ugly one in the barn as a transition to a fully restored one?
By Kingpin
It's up for speculation. I guess it depends on if Sony has any interest in refitting Ecto-1A completely for the film, or if they'll simplify her down to be an identical twin sister.

It's even possible that as she's in such a ramshakle state, she could even redressed as a rundown Ecto-1 for theoretical pyrotechnic effects, should they want to see Ecto-1 getting blown up (not that there's any suggestion that'd actually happen in the film - I'm just spitballing here).
By Wiggyof9

RichRyan1507 wrote:Very interesting! Could they end up having both 1 and 1-A in the film or is this one maybe going to be the ugly one in the barn as a transition to a fully restored one?
Aren't ecto-1 and ecto-1a suppose to be the same car in universe?

I think they will use the restored ecto-1 as the car for show and the new one as either a stunt car or a run down version that is all rusted.

Also, we need to more past this barn thing as being concrete. I am positive the teaser was more metaphor than actual plot.

By RichRyan1507
Kingpin wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 1:53 pm It's up for speculation. I guess it depends on if Sony has any interest in refitting Ecto-1A completely for the film, or if they'll simplify her down to be an identical twin sister.

It's even possible that as she's in such a ramshakle state, she could even redressed as a rundown Ecto-1 for theoretical pyrotechnic effects, should they want to see Ecto-1 getting blown up (not that there's any suggestion that'd actually happen in the film - I'm just spitballing here).

No matter what, it's neat that they're gathering these assets for the film.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By RichRyan1507
Kingpin wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm This is by no means confirmed, but in the absense of anything more concrete...

This was on Proton Charging's FB page in regards to the photos from your post, Kingpin:
An interesting glimpse into Ghostbusters 2020 production, as a Hearse collector announced today that he had sold a ‘59 Futura to Sony for filming. He even posted a picture dropping the car off, next to the Ecto-1a. As he explains;

“That’s the Ecto-1a in the foreground. It will be redone for close up scenes, the ‘61 will be cut in half for interior shots, and mine will be a driving/stunt car.”

I’m not an Ecto historian, so I’m not as familiar with the “‘61”. While it looks like the car before Ray fixed it up, that one was fixed up I thought. Is it another new purchase by Dony? And I’m wondering why it needs to be opened up for filming. Man, if only I had a book about Ectos to read.

But regardless, guess what...? We’re going to see the Ecto in action in the movie. Aaaaaw yussss.
By Davideverona
So, if I understood correctly:

- 61 Caddy cut in half for interior shots

- 59 fan Caddy used as a stunt vehicle. But an Ecto 1 stunt or an Ecto 1A stunt?

- old Ecto 1A for close up shots.

Will it means that they'll use the Ecto 1A or they'll strip her down to obtain a really old Ecto 1?
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By BatDan
Man, we really need some news lol

“Caddy’s restored for new ghostbusters film”

Oh, Ya don’t say? Hey, everyone! The new ghostbusters film is going to feature the ecto 1!

I kid. I kid.
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 1:53 pm It's up for speculation. I guess it depends on if Sony has any interest in refitting Ecto-1A completely for the film, or if they'll simplify her down to be an identical twin sister.

Hey that is cool spitballing is fun. :):):). I always figured if we saw the Ecto 1 actually being driven around in another movie that it may not be the original car. I became double certain when the vehicle was restored. I figured they wouldn't want to risk damaging the classic after the effort to restore it.
Wiggyof9 wrote:
RichRyan1507 wrote:Very interesting! Could they end up having both 1 and 1-A in the film or is this one maybe going to be the ugly one in the barn as a transition to a fully restored one?
Aren't ecto-1 and ecto-1a suppose to be the same car in universe?

I think they will use the restored ecto-1 as the car for show and the new one as either a stunt car or a run down version that is all rusted.

Also, we need to more past this barn thing as being concrete. I am positive the teaser was more metaphor than actual plot.
Hey I would love to move past the barn, but it is pretty hard to do when that is all we have been given at this point. ;)

I know it is possible for it to be a metaphor, but I haven't seen too many teasers that weren't in some small way connected to the plot. :)

Like I said I can't think of too many teasers that were a complete departure from the movie. :):):)
RichRyan1507 liked this
I'm guessing that the 1A will be reverted back to a more basic and slightly run-down Ecto-1; if the 2009 video game is taken as canon (which Sony/Aykroyd have acknowledged), then the in-universe car was stripped of it's GB2 accoutrement in 1991 and returned to a more basic look (actually based on the Universal Studios Ecto, but I digress...)
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Coover5
BatDan wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 2:59 pm Man, we really need some news lol

“Caddy’s restored for new ghostbusters film”

Oh, Ya don’t say? Hey, everyone! The new ghostbusters film is going to feature the ecto 1!

I kid. I kid.
C'mon. You've been on this board long enough to remember the days where folks were certain the PT Cruiser was the Ecto of the future. We should celebrate the fact that it isn't!
By Slimered
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
timeware wrote: March 21st, 2019, 6:16 pm Calling views outdated
Saying women couldn't be the leads in a major 2016 blockbuster is outdated. That's not debatable by any rational person's standards. The problem is that there are too many irrational people out there who think it is, and who made it their mission to ensure a harmless film about busting ghosts flopped due to a simple cosmetic difference.

This is what I'm saying. This is why I'm saying Jason Reitman needs to use Ghostbusters 2020 to tie these two universes together. If you don't you're sending the message that it's okay to have views that belong in the Middle Ages, and use it to cause a film to underperform at the Box Office that the cast and crew will have spent blood, sweat and tears on to make.

I am merely talking about fairness, and sending a message that that kind of film vandalism will not be tolerated.
By Slimered

Practically confirmation then that the original Ghostbusters will be in the film. It wouldn't make sense for the Ecto 1A to be there if they aren't.
By SpaceBallz
Slimered wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 5:23 pm
I am merely talking about fairness, and sending a message that that kind of film vandalism will not be tolerated.
This reminds me of my thought process when the reboot was announced and Feig decided to ignore the original films, that were NOT sexist against women at all. This official sequel will have equal gender roles, and I'm satisfied with that.

In regards to the Ecto pics: I love "spy" nuggets like this, keeps things interesting until we get announcements.
savintheday, deadderek, timeware and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Wiggyof9 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 2:01 pmAren't ecto-1 and ecto-1a suppose to be the same car in universe?

Yes, the designation implies as much. But I recall early scripts of Ghostbusters II originally had it as Ecto-2 and I think one scene in the movie might have had it on the license plate by mistake. But I think it's possibly in these decades that more Cadillac cars were purchased either as parts cars or for possible franchise expansions and stored elsewhere at other properties.
Demon Vice Commander wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 4:54 pm I'm guessing that the 1A will be reverted back to a more basic and slightly run-down Ecto-1; if the 2009 video game is taken as canon (which Sony/Aykroyd have acknowledged), then the in-universe car was stripped of it's GB2 accoutrement in 1991 and returned to a more basic look (actually based on the Universal Studios Ecto, but I digress...)
True, plus if you walk Rookie to the back of the Firehouse, the 1a roof items are stored in one of the side rooms.
By deadderek
Saying women couldn't be the leads in a major 2016 blockbuster is outdated. That's not debatable by any rational person's standards. The problem is that there are too many irrational people out there who think it is, and who made it their mission to ensure a harmless film about busting ghosts flopped due to a simple cosmetic difference.

This is what I'm saying. This is why I'm saying Jason Reitman needs to use Ghostbusters 2020 to tie these two universes together. If you don't you're sending the message that it's okay to have views that belong in the Middle Ages, and use it to cause a film to underperform at the Box Office that the cast and crew will have spent blood, sweat and tears on to make.

By Styrofoam_Guy
There was an attempt to derail the recent Captain Marvel movie just because the lead was a female. Thank goodness that didn't work out.

By Styrofoam_Guy
I don't think the barn scene will be in the movie as I don't think locations were yet scouted out for the filming.

Unless this barn is in Calgary and they had already secured the site and shot the trailer before any announcements.

It does bother me that they have not announced any of the OGBs as cast. I hope they are just waiting for the Ghostbuster convention as I do not see any other benefit. It just creates more worry that none of the OGBs will be in the movie.

Ridiculous you say?
They have announced the movie.
They have announced where they are filming and when they plan to start.
They have announce a couple of actors, none of which are OGBs
They have announced a shooting script.
They have announced the date the film to going to be released.

I really hope they are working on Bill Murray so they can announce all 3 of them at the same time.
deadderek, Sav C liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]