Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Kingpin wrote: I'm always up for cash-grabs like behind-the-scenes books (so long as they're a decent effort rather than poorly pulled-together).
This is a real shot in the dark, but following the RGB re-reuns on Youtube and working on some of those 4K stills... I'd really love to work on a Real Ghostbusters: Visual History covering the series, original comics run and Kenner toys - compiling all the behind the scenes artwork (eg. @artofrgb has a formidable collection), detailed episode guide with Tobin's entries etc. to complement the film version.

There were a few videogame unofficial 'Visual History' books on Kickstarter a few years ago and they seemed to be able to use artwork though I guess the copyrights are a sticky area. You'd hope Sony would get behind such a project. Would make another excellent coffee table book. And apologies if I've posted about this before, it's something which has been in the back of mind for a while now so I keep putting it out there in the hope other fans might wanna collaborate, though ultimately we'd need the right connections for such a project and I'm not even sure what those connections would look like.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
Bison256 wrote:
JonXCTrack wrote: June 28th, 2021, 8:43 am Given the threat of the delta variant, I'm not overly convinced that the November date will hold. I hope I am wrong.

With that said, I came across this video about a fellow Ghosthead that has terminal cancer:

If you have Twitter, please share the video and tag Ghost Corp, Dan Aykroyd, Jason Reitman, etc. It would be nice to try and help this guy see GB:A.
The current vaccine works against the Delta variant. Vaccinated people only have the symptoms of a minor cold if that. Given all the folks wanting to return to a normal life plus corporate greed, I don't see the movie being pushed back again.
Everything I have read thus far agrees with that assessment, however over the last 18 months or so, I've learned that what is true today is not true tomorrow. I've already heard that certain parts of Australia are in lockdown again. If that trend continues, it could result in more delays. I don't think Sony is going to release a film that cannot be released worldwide.

With regard to a second trailer.... assuming the November date does hold, the San Diego Comic Con is happening online this year in late July, so maybe that July 26 rumor on reddit is true.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 28th, 2021, 1:01 pm
Bison256 wrote: The current vaccine works against the Delta variant. Vaccinated people only have the symptoms of a minor cold if that. Given all the folks wanting to return to a normal life plus corporate greed, I don't see the movie being pushed back again.
Everything I have read thus far agrees with that assessment, however over the last 18 months or so, I've learned that what is true today is not true tomorrow. I've already heard that certain parts of Australia are in lockdown again. If that trend continues, it could result in more delays. I don't think Sony is going to release a film that cannot be released worldwide.

With regard to a second trailer.... assuming the November date does hold, the San Diego Comic Con is happening online this year in late July, so maybe that July 26 rumor on reddit is true.
From what I can tell, I'm the first person who floated the July 26th theory on GBFans about 3 weeks ago. It makes a lot of sense.
Hairy Biker wrote: June 26th, 2021, 3:20 pm I'm no longer a facebook user, is there anywhere else I can view these new detailed Wrecto pics?
https://imgur.com/a/S3OrgEz
JWils23, Alphagaia liked this
deadderek wrote: June 28th, 2021, 4:00 pm From what I can tell, I'm the first person who floated the July 26th theory on GBFans about 3 weeks ago. It makes a lot of sense.
True, but studios are relying less and less on SDCC. But given the virtual aspect this year, it could happen. More eyeballs than usual focusing on a virtual con would be a good time to show off the trailer #2. But I still like them choosing a '4 months to go' date like late night July 11/early morning July 12.
deadderek wrote: June 28th, 2021, 4:32 pmhttps://imgur.com/a/S3OrgEz
deadderek liked this
My July 26th guess had nothing to do with the con.

Quick recap:

1. Sony likes dropping trailers on Mondays.
2. Amazon sent me an email, a TON of GBA stuff drops August 1st.
3. Later summer for a trailer sounds about right.

Thus my prediction.
SpaceBallz liked this
Is that a trap door for the RTV in the middle of the floor? It would be really freaking awesome to see it drop to the road while they are driving. I'm sensing some serious Knight Rider vibes if it works out that way. It would be awesome as hell to see the RTV drive itself into it's own charging station in the Ecto.

Alphagaia wrote: June 28th, 2021, 9:55 pm Anyway, this folding chair seems new. Wonder why they did that?

It's not actually new per se, it's just a reconfiguration of an existing element of the 1959 Miller Meteors. The rear cabin of the car is outfitted with a pair of folding jump seats beside the passenger-side rear door.

Alphagaia liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: June 29th, 2021, 2:49 am
deadderek wrote: June 28th, 2021, 4:32 pm

https://imgur.com/a/S3OrgEz
Thanks mate.
No problem.
Glad to see mods cleaning up the thread.

I have to remind myself not to bust out the wallet for anything Afterlife related, but I want one of these blankets. Would make a great camping blanket.

Kingpin wrote: June 30th, 2021, 3:30 am
Bison256 wrote: June 29th, 2021, 9:13 pm Those ornaments look cheaply made. Not enough detail on the car. I guess you can only do so much at that price and scale.
It doesn't help it's just a retooled version of their previous Ecto-1 ornament:

If Wrecto was indeed supposed to be 1A in a previous generation I feel that at the least the satellite dish or some aspect would still be present.
Hairy Biker wrote: June 26th, 2021, 3:20 pm I'm no longer a facebook user, is there anywhere else I can view these new detailed Wrecto pics?
Gah! Sorry for the miss there. I meant to reach out to the OP on Facebook and get his permission to share his photos. Life interceded.

Thank you to deadderek to getting those looped in here!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

pizzarat wrote: June 30th, 2021, 7:01 am If Wrecto was indeed supposed to be 1A in a previous generation I feel that at the least the satellite dish or some aspect would still be present.
That in itself is like the souvenir's prehensile tail leftover, it seems the originating ornament was based on the very inaccurate Joyride model (which also had 1A's dish):

groschopf liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Kingpin wrote: June 30th, 2021, 11:58 am
pizzarat wrote: June 30th, 2021, 7:01 am If Wrecto was indeed supposed to be 1A in a previous generation I feel that at the least the satellite dish or some aspect would still be present.
That in itself is like the souvenir's prehensile tail leftover, it seems the originating ornament was based on the very inaccurate Joyride model (which also had 1A's dish):

Which is funny, because originally Joyride was going to put out the Ecto-1A first, but things changed and they never released a 1A.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 30th, 2021, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding

delta88 wrote: June 30th, 2021, 12:03 pm
Kingpin wrote: June 30th, 2021, 11:58 am

Which is funny, because originally Joyride was going to put out the Ecto-1A first, but things changed and they never released a 1A.

Can confirm.

Kingpin liked this
So the "Family Size" boxes of the cereal are coming in August according to General Mills.

Ugh...time to grab another box.
SpaceBallz wrote: June 30th, 2021, 4:25 pm Maybe it's safe to say that the marketing for the movie will finally start in August?
That's what I think it most likely. Hopefully my prediction comes trues for Trailer 2. If not....what other date makes sense?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]