Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Coover5
I'm most excited for the folks, old and young, who will be discovering Ghostbusters because of this movie. Imagine being the kid who discovers GB this way and finds out there's two other movies, two animated series, a bunch of games and a ton of toys. I envy them.

Remember how great it felt just to have that Kenner proton pack? Imagine getting to start off with the Spirit Halloween pack!
Last edited by Coover5 on October 6th, 2019, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichRyan1507, Kingpin, back and 3 others liked this
Corey91 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 2:15 pm
RichRyan1507 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 12:48 pm So do we think any news will come out of the special intro from the cast at the Fathom event today?

They only talked about GB84, nothing for GB20 unfortunately
Who was featured?
Last edited by Kingpin on October 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By back
groschopf wrote: October 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see something after Thanksgiving, but I'm prepared to wait until the Super Bowl for a full length trailer.
Too soon to hope for a badass Superbowl Commercial?
By groschopf
There's a lot of speculation over on the Facebook Ghostbusters Spoilers group about the backdrop used in the video that preceded the Fathom screening of Ghostbusters.

Seems like the cast is sitting in a mine during the interview, which would tie in with what we know about the 2020 film's plot. Also note Bill's dyed hair.

Hat tip to Daniel Lynch for the post.

Video here:
https://youtu.be/reZNpkBSj-4
Sav C, Corey91, twmedford23 and 2 others liked this
Muwarrior21 wrote:Is anybody else a little bit worried that the dinner meeting billy and sig etc were at was simply a quick shot to produce this gb35 intro?

I really hope thats not all that billy was in canada for!!!!
At this point there is really nothing about this production that is really worrying me. The fact that Bill participated in this particular 35th anniversary intro with another movie on the way really confirms for ME personally that he is involved in a good compacity in this new movie. Even if he is not present in a good portion of the movie I believe that he will still be in it long enough to have a great impact. I think he will definately be there with the new crew and what remains of the rest of the original crew to help save the day. That works for me. :):):)

Bill has been involved with a few of the Ghostbusters milestones like the 30th anniversary promotions, but he wasn't involved with Fan Fest and other promotions because he is a very busy guy. I am confident that he made his way to Canada for more than the 35th Anniversary Intro and a Birthday Dinner with some friends. I think the stars were aligned for a perfect storm of events to happen. Perfect Script, Perfect Director, Perfect New Cast and just the right set of circumstances. Again I am speaking with the up most optimism. I am really curious about what Jason Reitman meant about the theme of Ghostbusters 2020 being forgiveness. That sounds wonderfully deep. I know a film can be both funny and deep. The thought of that kind of element being part of a new Ghostbusters film really intrigues me. Can't wait for the next big announcement. :):):)
Corey91 liked this
By deadderek
Muwarrior21 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:32 pm Is anybody else a little bit worried that the dinner meeting billy and sig etc were at was simply a quick shot to produce this gb35 intro?

I really hope thats not all that billy was in canada for!!!!

My theory is that he went up there to just film a cameo or 2. I've been saying it since the movie was announced there's no way we get more than a cameo from Bill.
By Coover5
I know I intended to post this but not sure if I ever did but there were many reasons for Bill Murray to be up there...

Having a mini reunion. It's rare this group of people have been together so it's not unreasonable to travel for it.

Film the intro for the GB35 screenings.

His kids or grandkids could be McKenna Grace or Finn Wolfhard fans and he wanted to earn some brownie points.

He may want to see how the production is going. Murray is a Ghostbusters fan after all. It's a film he's proud of.

He could also be visiting Jason.
groschopf liked this
Sigourney is looking very Dana-ish.

Bill always cracks me: "Harold did the good writing and Danny did the rest" 😁

Also, Bill was spotted on set with Rudd since August, so I think he's in with a really substantial part. Also, why die his hair only for a 5 minute introduction?

I know we hadn't any pics, but if we look at the pics for proof, this movie should be about the Ecto-1 roaming the streets.

They shooted in a Calgary based big studio, it should have been easy to secretly sneak in the original Ghostbusters.
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote: October 7th, 2019, 11:47 pm Also, Bill was spotted on set with Rudd.

Outside of 1 comment on social media I have yet to see this confirmed at all.
Coover5, groschopf liked this
By groschopf
Coover5 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 11:00 pm I know I intended to post this but not sure if I ever did but there were many reasons for Bill Murray to be up there...
Having a mini reunion. It's rare this group of people have been together so it's not unreasonable to travel for it.
Film the intro for the GB35 screenings.
His kids or grandkids could be McKenna Grace or Finn Wolfhard fans and he wanted to earn some brownie points.
He may want to see how the production is going. Murray is a Ghostbusters fan after all. It's a film he's proud of.
He could also be visiting Jason.
Great points.

If anything, his presence in a promotional reel that appears to be shot on set increases the odds that he's in the film, but it's not definitive proof.

We won't know for sure until we see him in a trailer or likely the film itself.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote: October 8th, 2019, 4:12 am But Bill himself said in June: "I'm willing to do the next one"
I never said he's not going to be in it. I've been pretty consistent saying he'll likely cameo at best. He's a known wild card.

Do I think he's going to be in it? Absolutely.

Sizeable role? No. Likely about as much time as ATC.
groschopf liked this
Extended version or theatrical version? :D

Well, I think he'll be in it and I'll gladly take any screentime they gave him.

And I stand by my affermation that they didn't die his air only for a 5 minute intro.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]