Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
robbritton wrote: August 8th, 2019, 1:23 pm
delta88 wrote: August 8th, 2019, 1:19 pm Dont see this article posted. Seems to have a few more details about this weeks filming. Might be a tiny bit spoilery.

http://www.tabertimes.com/featured-stor ... this-week/
Good find. Not gonna post any of the spoilery stuff (of which yeah, there is some) but this quote should manage some expectations for the next few days, at least!
Unfortunately, those looking to do some star gazing this month in the small town will be disappointed.

“This particular scene that we are filming that I have described, no actors, it’s all stunt performers, professional
This Post Contains Spoilers
, photo doubles,” said Uhrik, adding approximately 100 to 120 people from the second unit will be descending on the town to film.
Annnnnnd there go the theories that this will be a small film compared to ATC. 170 million is 30 million more than GB16. I like it. Shows confidence.
By RichardLess
RichRyan1507 wrote: August 8th, 2019, 1:31 pm I wonder if she's just pulling this budget number out of her @$$?

“We are really excited to be bringing this $170 million dollar-plus production into the town of Fort Macleod. It goes a long way into helping our economy as well as putting the town of Fort Macleod on the map,” said Sue Keenan, CAO for Fort Macleod.
No. I doubt it. That's a pretty specific number and it's what these big summer blockbusters cost now. 170 million is what it costs to do big tentpole style films.
By Michael Scott
Late to the party on things I wouldn’t want to see, but here it goes:

Ray and Peter but no Winston. I’d hate to see Winston left out, especially since there’s rumors Dana and Janine could play a part. If only one original returned, I could accept that, but if it’s 2/3, and Winston is the one left out I’d be sad.

I don’t want this film to attempt to make a political statement. Nothing controversial, let’s just laugh and maybe be scared a little and have fun.

I don’t want it to overlook major details that would conflict with the first 2 movies. I’ve already stated my concern about the potential continuity issues with the barn find Ecto 1, but anything else that would jump out like that would bug me.

I don’t want it to be too close to Stranger Things. I’ve been getting that vibe and I’d rather it maintain more of the Ghostbusters identity.
By BatDan
jesus christ.
Last edited by Kingpin on August 8th, 2019, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Spoilered, just in case...
By Dr.D
Hey let's all get mad about out-of-context plot elements about a movie that has yet to finish filming. That sounds very practical and not at all a waste of time and energy. Let's get mad that this movie might not have the OGs in their suits and packs.

Some of yall really need to try and keep an open mind.
RedSpecial, RichRyan1507, lozbloke and 4 others liked this
By DocLathropBrown
Was just scouring YouTube and found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7uHx1A1dU

Ernie at some (very) recent convention appearance (in South America, somewhere?), confirms he'll be back. (@ about 20:35)

Says negotiations aren't completely finalized, and he figures they want to make a formal announcement about it and he probably isn't supposed to say.

So, yeah. Scrub the fear that Ernie won't be in it. Everybody from Dan to Sigourney to Ernie, Annie and even Bill has spilled the beans about their involvement. A formal announcement will come at some point.

I honestly think the inclusion of Sigourney and Annie squashes the fear that the OGs will be a mere cameo to hand off the equipment. You wouldn't need Dana and Janine to just do that. So much of what we DO know is built around the iconography of the old GB that while you can argue they might not be the main heroes (although who else really could be??), they're going to be important to the plot.
Sav C, RichRyan1507, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By DocLathropBrown
Granted--to be mean and cynical... he needs the kind of paycheck a big franchise movie will give him, I'm sure. But in a world where we've had the rug pulled out from under us about GB3 for 20 years, it's nice to get reassurance. By the sound of how he talks, maybe he secured himself some really nice dough. I hope so, and I hope he gets more screen-time this time, dammit.
By philmorgan81
Wow with filming underway these announcements are coming at a good pace. Again very glad that we’re not in too much spoiler related territory.
All these little details are still keeping me very intrigued on where this is going. If that number for the budget is accurate WOW, that is a hell of a lot higher than I anticipated. That is still pretty modest compared to other tent poles, but I think Jason could make a hell of movie with that chunk of change. Especially given the kind of excitement behind this movie. Very glad Ernie has finished negotiations. I am now eagerly waiting for that formal announcement. :):):)
By BatDan
Dr.D wrote: August 8th, 2019, 1:55 pm Hey let's all get mad about out-of-context plot elements about a movie that has yet to finish filming. That sounds very practical and not at all a waste of time and energy. Let's get mad that this movie might not have the OGs in their suits and packs.

Some of yall really need to try and keep an open mind.
Im not mad, im still pretty damn excited for this.

I was just poking fun, because a few pages ago we predicted the scene. *shrug*
deadderek liked this
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: August 8th, 2019, 10:16 am
deadderek wrote: August 8th, 2019, 1:03 amThings I don't want: a single reference to ATC. Not so much as a wonton joke or a fleeting reference. Maybe "and after x event every alternate universe was destroyed" would be okay.
It is quite amazing how frequently people who say they didn't like ATC will somehow still find the opportunity to talk about it. ;)

Scuttlebutt is that Ecto-1 is actually out doing some filming today in Fort Macleod.
You know. I like talking about GB16, I really do. I dislike the movie but I love the discussion and debates that come out of it. Plus I find the production interesting. But everytime the film is talked about on here I feel like we have to walk on egg shells or risk passive aggressive replies or rebuke. It's just a movie.

When someone criticizes something you love or like, it's like we take it personally. "Well if they are critiquing something I enjoy they must be criticizing me". And I get it. It use to be that everytime someone talked shit about GB2, I would automatically get defensive. Then I realized, why the heck do I care if someone doesn't enjoy it? I enjoy it. Best I can do is tell them why I enjoy it, maybe give them a brief history on how the movie came to be & then move on with my life.

With ATC criticsm the usual complaint is "it's all been talked about before" and that's partly true. But 75% of the stuff on this forum are recycled conversations lol. But I would love to really dig into ATC and have a good back and forth without anyone's feelings getting hurt and avoiding the passive aggressive replies I've seen time and time again.

ATC is the big elephant in the room and I think some fans here find the disagreements uncomfortable due to all the legit terrible, sexist crap that was spewed. That ugliness has really prevented some good indepth conversations about GB16 because, again, things tend to get personal. I wish we could draw a line in the sand, GB16 can be talked about, debated etc but the moment things start getting personal? That's where we draw the line.

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread. I just saw ATC get mentioned & read Kingpin's reply & thought I'd take the opportunity to say a few things that have been on my mind.

As for GB2020. Will some of you be disappointed if GB2020 turns out to be "Ghostbusters: Stranger Things" or a Goonies version of Ghostbusters?

How would some of you feel if Time Travel were introduced into the GB live action lore? It's been done in the cartoons.
By Michael Scott
Here’s the transcript of the Ernie Hudson interview in the video from Mexico City, pertaining to the new movie.

“We’ve finished negotiations. Things still haven’t been necessarily signed, but I’m confident that we’ll be doing it. They want to be able to make an announcement so I’m not supposed to say anything, but really, you know... My objection has always been I love the Ghostbusters but I just feel they should be nice, and they were very nice, I’ll be a part of it, I’m sure.”

What he can say about the movie:
“All I can tell you is the movie I think is about
On what he hopes for Winston:
By *NormalGamer*
Michael Scott wrote: August 8th, 2019, 10:25 pm Here’s the transcript of the Ernie Hudson interview in the video from Mexico City, pertaining to the new movie.

“We’ve finished negotiations. Things still haven’t been necessarily signed, but I’m confident that we’ll be doing it. They want to be able to make an announcement so I’m not supposed to say anything, but really, you know... My objection has always been I love the Ghostbusters but I just feel they should be nice, and they were very nice, I’ll be a part of it, I’m sure.”

What he can say about the movie:
“All I can tell you is the movie I think is about
On what he hopes for Winston:
Great to know.

Much like how the IDW crew has treated Winston a whole lot better in the comics, I really hope the same goes here for GB2020; his character really deserves it after what he's been through. ^_^
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
By deadderek
If ANYone is honestly surprised it's a passing of the torch...shame on you. :P

Let's be real...we're seeing at least Dan & Ernie no doubts. Bill is a wildcard. Annie Potts and Sigourney Weaver are likely at least to make appearances...even if it's not "officially" announced. There's ZERO chance of this "love letter to the fans" that we won't see at least the remaining Ghostbusters (Wild Bill) involved.

I for one am REALLY fingers crossed on Rick Moranis at least making a cameo...even a mid credits cameo would be awesome. :D

Been 30 years since we had a Ghostbusters movie...can't wait to see what's in store.
By Sav C
This is so exciting about Ernie!
RichardLess wrote: August 8th, 2019, 10:22 pm With ATC criticsm the usual complaint is "it's all been talked about before" and that's partly true. But 75% of the stuff on this forum are recycled conversations lol. But I would love to really dig into ATC and have a good back and forth without anyone's feelings getting hurt and avoiding the passive aggressive replies I've seen time and time again.
As for GB2020. Will some of you be disappointed if GB2020 turns out to be "Ghostbusters: Stranger Things" or a Goonies version of Ghostbusters?
I'd be happy to discuss ATC with you--private messaging or a new thread. I've forgotten some of it since I haven't seen it in a good while, but remember the key points and such.

I'll be disappointed with a Stranger Things style movie (the show doesn't work for me for some reason---guess I'm not the target audience), however, I could live with a Goonies styled movie. At least, a little Goonies. If it's a passing of the torch then it won't be full on Goonies, anyhow.
By Kingpin
I'd like to be able to discuss ATC normally, but if it helps provide an example, only last night a fan on the Facebook group posted enquiring about reference material of the 2016 Ecto-1's roof rack equipment, and the first two responses were images of dumpster fires.

I had to moderate shit like that for over two years already, and it's still happening. Some fans act as if ATC ended the franchise, that it was the worst thing to happen in the history of everything, when it may well have given the franchise its rebirth.

You'll have to forgive me if still having to deal with this stuff has made me a bit more sensitive these days. :whatever:
lozbloke, Alphagaia, robbritton and 5 others liked this
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: August 9th, 2019, 1:28 am I'd like to be able to discuss ATC normally, but if it helps provide an example, only last night a fan on the Facebook group posted enquiring about reference material of the 2016 Ecto-1's roof rack equipment, and the first two responses were images of dumpster fires.

I had to moderate shit like that for over two years already, and it's still happening. Some fans act as if ATC ended the franchise, that it was the worst thing to happen in the history of everything, when it may well have given the franchise its rebirth.

You'll have to forgive me if still having to deal with this stuff has made me a bit more sensitive these days. :whatever:
You know what's kind of postive about that whole mess? Even the negative stuff(well...kind of). It was amazing to see how many people care about Ghostbusters. Like...people went NUTS. And it was shocking. I even read headlines like "So the battle for geekdom's soul is happening over....Ghostbusters?". It made me realize that 95% of people enjoy that first movie. How many movies can say that? There aren't many universally loved movies. You've got Jaws, Raiders, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters and maybe Jurrasic Park(Steven Spielberg was involved in at least a producing capacity in all but one of those movies. That was a coincidence on my part). I'd say Star Wars but...I don't think it has that universal appeal those other movies do.

It's weird. Even though I have zero creative involvement in the film, it makes me proud that Ghostbusters is loved by so many. And even though there was a shit load of vitriol and ugliness, it was still wild to see Ghostbusters dominating the pop culture landscape for those of us who weren't around in '84.
deadderek liked this
By timeware
One thing I'm happy about is not having to see all those negative articles about Men and women on the main page this time. I remember there was quite a few of them before filming even started.It really got under my skin of how so called critics got off preaching to GB fans and throwing around labels before the film's synopsis was ever written.

I Want to believe in the long run that this new movie were getting is Sony's apology for the Hollywood Elites wagging their fingers at us. I liked ATC but the one thing I really want to see us keep up is not having to go through all that vitriol again. So far so good!
By ShiftyHenry
deadderek wrote: August 9th, 2019, 12:16 am I for one am REALLY fingers crossed on Rick Moranis at least making a cameo...even a mid credits cameo would be awesome. :D
You know, I met Rick at his convention appearance about a year ago in San Antonio, and one thing I found very interesting was his talk about working again in the future. He spoke a lot about "Spaceballs 2" being in development and he would be there if they wanted him because of his experiences on the original and the collaborative nature of the work. He's definitely willing to act again, so it'll probably all depend on what Jason and co. can offer him. That said, I did hear something that lead me to believe he's in this film...but i'll believe it when GC announces it.
Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
I dont think this will be a Stranger Things style storyline that seems to be popular now (btw anyone watch "Critters Attack"? Holy shit balls it was bad). The 'kids' in the movie are teenagers sans the little girl/sister and we're getting Paul Rudd with the OGs. If it's a passing of the torch film, I can't see teenagers running the business, so no worries on my end. I think the 3-4 minute car chase will be fun and probably pretty funny to watch. I'm pretty excited.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
SpaceBallz wrote: August 9th, 2019, 8:33 am I dont think this will be a Stranger Things style storyline that seems to be popular now (btw anyone watch "Critters Attack"? Holy shit balls it was bad). The 'kids' in the movie are teenagers sans the little girl/sister and we're getting Paul Rudd with the OGs. If it's a passing of the torch film, I can't see teenagers running the business, so no worries on my end. I think the 3-4 minute car chase will be fun and probably pretty funny to watch. I'm pretty excited.
Me too. I think Paul and Carrie will be the new NY busters along with some other friends (the sheriff?). The kids will be excited to be helping them with research and whatnot. By the next movie maybe Finn and Celeste will be old enough to carry a pack.
SpaceBallz liked this
By RichRyan1507
Davideverona wrote: August 9th, 2019, 8:53 am Me too. I think Paul and Carrie will be the new NY busters along with some other friends (the sheriff?). The kids will be excited to be helping them with research and whatnot. By the next movie maybe Finn and Celeste will be old enough to carry a pack.
I don't think they'll go that direction, personally. I'm half thinking this movie will be an bookend to a trilogy and half thinking they're setting up a new team and continuing on. Something tells me that if they continue the team that NY won't be in the picture, but who knows.

Either way, I think that this will be a fantastic movie.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By RichardLess
timeware wrote: August 9th, 2019, 6:47 am One thing I'm happy about is not having to see all those negative articles about Men and women on the main page this time. I remember there was quite a few of them before filming even started.It really got under my skin of how so called critics got off preaching to GB fans and throwing around labels before the film's synopsis was ever written.

I Want to believe in the long run that this new movie were getting is Sony's apology for the Hollywood Elites wagging their fingers at us. I liked ATC but the one thing I really want to see us keep up is not having to go through all that vitriol again. So far so good!
"Hollywood elites". Dude. Don't put them on a pedestal. "Hollywood Elites" sounds like some Tucker Carlson/Alex Jones/Donald Trump sound bite. They are just people. Also? Why would Sony apologize for what other people do & say lol. That line of thinking doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Frankly much of the finger wagging was deserved. No one should have to put up with threats just because they made a movie. Jesus, the guy that played Jar Jar Binks, Ahmed Best, almost committed suicide from all the hate & noise of Star Wars trolls.
deadderek, robbritton, Sav C and 3 others liked this
By timeware
No one should have to put up with threats but a lot of innocent people got attacked as well.

Sites like Proton Charging were kicking people off their forums for simply saying they weren't going to see ATC, Save the fire house Facebook deal was doing the same thing. Understandably some people were being dick's but people making comments of not seeing ATC without making snyde comments were booted as well. Like I said it's nice not seeing all that crap happen again. I don't like most Hollywood critics to begin with.

My favorite critics were Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. I really miss x play.
deadderek liked this
By 80sguy
timeware wrote: August 9th, 2019, 10:16 amSites like Proton Charging were kicking people off their forums for simply saying they weren't going to see ATC, Save the fire house Facebook deal was doing the same thing. Understandably some people were being dick's but people making comments of not seeing ATC without making snyde comments were booted as well.
When any post you make about the film is 90% about how much they hate it or won't see it, it gets tiring...fast. It was a breathe of fresh air not to have read past 50 posts of "This movie is a disgrace to Ghostbusters". Probably doesn't help that Proton Charing was being accused as an "hired agent for Sony" either. He likely had enough of it, and started banning the frequent trolls (i.e. the ones that were constantly posting garbage film, ruined the franchise, not a true fan if you like it.) Hell, I saw some post "Garbage remake" on a post about the Ghostbusters documentary because they thought it was ATC without actually reading the post.

I remember another site which started banning users for bashing the film. The owner said he actually a hated the film but was sick of having to deal with all the negative posts about it.
Last edited by 80sguy on August 9th, 2019, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By Davideverona
Have you seen the latest Mckenna Instagram story?

She hold a Stay Puft doll.

In the gang pic she had a Stay Puft t shirt. Do you think it's a fan thing or its related to the movie?

Maybe Summerville it's the city were the marshmallow were produced and they had a huge backlash because of the '84 events?
SpaceBallz, Kingpin, robbritton and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote: August 9th, 2019, 11:05 am Have you seen the latest Mckenna Instagram story?

In the gang pic she had a Stay Puft t shirt. Do you think it's a fan thing or its related to the movie?

Maybe Summerville it's the city were the marshmallow were produced and they had a huge backlash because of the '84 events?
Screencap? I can't find it.
By Davideverona
deadderek wrote: August 9th, 2019, 11:16 am
Davideverona wrote: August 9th, 2019, 11:05 am Have you seen the latest Mckenna Instagram story?

Screencap? I can't find it.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0579501852
deadderek liked this

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]