Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
RichardLess wrote: August 6th, 2020, 10:37 pmSince the original took place on a Rooftop and they had the Slime underground, the climax of GB2 should’ve been in some ancient cavern underneath the museum. Or maybe have Vigo use some sort of magic to transform the museum into some sort of gothic castle like you see in his painting. That’s what the slime could’ve been used for. The slime rises up out of the sewers and forms a castle structure which Vigo then zaps into some sort of obsidian obelisk(like Orthanc in Lord of the Rings).
Kingpin wrote: August 7th, 2020, 2:42 pm I think a variation of Van Horne would've worked well as a villian's lair... Instead of finding the station itself when they went into the abandoned train tunnels, they should've found part of the pneumatic subway tunnel and its mechanical infrastructure... Then in the finale we see the station, beautiful and ruined, like it'd been hit by an earthquake and split in two, leading to a waterfall of slime.
I agree with Kingpin pretty frequently but you can tell Hell is getting chilly again because I'm also in agreement with RichardLess :wink:

Not to drag more Ghostbusters (2016) talk into this thread, but even as a fan of that film, I have the same or a similar problem there with the finale not totally tracking. My fix is: Rowan wants to drag the world back to a medieval dark ages, so the vortex he opens in the hotel starts pulling its surroundings back through time. This would explain the transformation of Times Square to the 1970s. Then you move the 1930s parade balloons scene to follow a walk through Times Square, and then they fight the 1600s pilgrims and whatnot in front of the Mercado. Plus, this gives Patty some history to talk about as they move farther back in time as they get closer to the hotel.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
Next movie plot: humans have started establishing bases on Mars thanks to SpaceX and uncover an ancient ruin that awakens a demigod.
Alphagaia wrote: August 9th, 2020, 1:06 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: August 9th, 2020, 1:03 pm Next movie plot: humans have started establishing bases on Mars thanks to SpaceX and uncover an ancient ruin that awakens a demigod.
You mean ghostaliens? Sounds like a million dollar idea!
Alphagaia liked this
Oh come on, there’s always room for Guess What's Coming to Dinner?
Alphagaia liked this
https://twitter.com/zeitchikWaPo/status ... 6665951234

Steven Zeitchik of WaPo is reporting that Paramount is very likely to sell Coming 2 America to a streaming service. They'll almost certainly choose Netflix, both because Paramount previously sold The Cloverfield Paradox, Beverly Hills Cop 4, and The Lovebirds to them, and because Netflix is in the Eddie Murphy business after the success of Dolemite is My Name last year.

It's unclear at the moment how much Coming 2 America cost. However, I would float this as one (still unlikely) outsider possibility that would lead to Ghostbusters: Afterlife premiering at home. Sony did sell Greyhound to Apple+ and An American Pickle to WB, which released it on HBO Max.

The big question mark for me would be what terms are included in Paramount's Beverly Hills Cop 4 deal. Do they still get to release it on traditional home video? (The Cloverfield Paradox got a Blu-ray release.) They certainly didn't sell the Beverly Hills Cop IP itself to Netflix, as they put out a remastered Blu-ray trilogy set earlier this year. Obviously, Sony is not going to give up Ghostbusters as an IP; it's too valuable to them. Ghostbusters: Afterlife is also probably more expensive than Greyhound ($50m) and An American Pickle ($20m) put together, and those were straight sales -- Apple and WB outright own those movies now. But, if they're strapped for cash and have no other options (and most importantly, if it continues to look like theaters will remain closed, especially well into 2021), it seems possible they could work out a deal for this movie specifically, if they believe that floating this movie for some price tag they're comfortable with (and presumably retaining home video rights so they can make some profits beyond that) would be good enough to maintain the brand and allow for further theatrical movies without a streamer's help, post-pandemic.
Sav C liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 3:29 pmhttps://twitter.com/zeitchikWaPo/status ... 6665951234

Steven Zeitchik of WaPo is reporting that Paramount is very likely to sell Coming 2 America to a streaming service. They'll almost certainly choose Netflix, both because Paramount previously sold The Cloverfield Paradox, Beverly Hills Cop 4, and The Lovebirds to them, and because Netflix is in the Eddie Murphy business after the success of Dolemite is My Name last year.

It's unclear at the moment how much Coming 2 America cost. However, I would float this as one (still unlikely) outsider possibility that would lead to Ghostbusters: Afterlife premiering at home. Sony did sell Greyhound to Apple+ and An American Pickle to WB, which released it on HBO Max.

The big question mark for me would be what terms are included in Paramount's Beverly Hills Cop 4 deal. Do they still get to release it on traditional home video? (The Cloverfield Paradox got a Blu-ray release.) They certainly didn't sell the Beverly Hills Cop IP itself to Netflix, as they put out a remastered Blu-ray trilogy set earlier this year. Obviously, Sony is not going to give up Ghostbusters as an IP; it's too valuable to them. Ghostbusters: Afterlife is also probably more expensive than Greyhound ($50m) and An American Pickle ($20m) put together, and those were straight sales -- Apple and WB outright own those movies now. But, if they're strapped for cash and have no other options (and most importantly, if it continues to look like theaters will remain closed, especially well into 2021), it seems possible they could work out a deal for this movie specifically, if they believe that floating this movie for some price tag they're comfortable with (and presumably retaining home video rights so they can make some profits beyond that) would be good enough to maintain the brand and allow for further theatrical movies without a streamer's help, post-pandemic.
You are right, it’s very unlikely. Ghostbusters Afterlife isnt going to play anywhere but the theatre. There will be plenty more movies that are sold and moved to streaming. 95% of them are cheaper movies. The outlier is Mulan but there’s a reason Disney is doing that and so far that’s it.

There are rumours going around about why Mulan is going to Disney+ and not Black Widow and what I’ve heard is pretty interesting. I’m sure if you think hard enough about why a company might be reticent to release a movie, with strong Chinese nationalism & tradition—in 2020, you can figure it out. It’s maybe the dumbest thing I’ve heard this year, which is say something. But it’s Disney and oh boy. They never disappoint in the “how can we not upset the apple cart” department.

Anyways, If you see movies like Top Gun 2, Fast and Furious...anything big by companies not in the streaming game, If those movies move to streaming, that’s when I’d worry. Tenet is one WB wanted to move to 2021 but Christopher Nolan isn’t just any filmmaker.

I’ve said this before but Ghostbusters is a MAJOR priority for Sony. Major. May to the Jay to the Or.

Now if Sony had something like Disney+ I’d say ok, maybe there’s a small chance it debuts on there. But they don’t. Selling it to Netflix is peanuts compared to what their greed and imaginations desire.

Oh and guess what happened this week? A federal judge removed the old restriction that says Hollywood studios can no longer own theatres. Shits about to get weird.
Sav C liked this
I'm fingers crossed for another trailer around Halloween.

I've made peace with the movie itself coming out in March, but I really want there ro be something around Halloween.

Come to think of it I can't recall where but I think I heard that small Ghostbusters Day clip was going to be released online...if so hopefully soon.
Sav C liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 3:29 pmBeverly Hills Cop 4
Ah yes, my favorite film series where I've never seen any of the movies outright... I taped the first one on my cable box, but a sporting event ran over and it didn't record the end. Later, I was able to watch most of the second. I had it and the third one (which was playing afterwards) set to record.

Power Outage.

I miss the ending of Beverly Hills Cop 2. My cable box is fried. All of my recordings are gone.

They haven't shown any of the BHC movies since then.

(Sorry to digress, your post brought back repressed memories lol.)
Near broke? No. They've taken a massive hit but they're not "near broke".

The Mouse isn't going anywhere.
Kingpin wrote: August 11th, 2020, 1:34 am
deadderek wrote: August 10th, 2020, 7:44 pm I'm fingers crossed for another trailer around Halloween.
I wouldn't hold my breath, December seems like a more likely time that we might see anything new trailer-wise.
Would be a nice Xmas present. At the very least another damn poster around Halloween.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]