Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: November 21st, 2020, 12:17 am I'm sure they aren't that difficult to reproduce with glass etching. Maybe put a movie quote on the back of the glass?
Can’t be that hard to find out the process online, eh? I’m sure the companies that do it operate with full transparency.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: November 21st, 2020, 2:27 am I believe all you need is a vector of the logo and provide the element you wish to engrave.
Yeah. Seems like a fairly see-through process.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: November 21st, 2020, 8:42 am Imagine how the people in that image, Jason specifically must feel. They've nearly finished the film, and yet they have no clue when it will see the light of day.
I really wonder if COVID will be brought up on any of the behind the scenes features we might get with Afterlife.

Epsecially considering the film had wrapped filming many months prior to shit hitting the fan.

I think it'd be interesting.
I'm hoping for an Extended Cut personally.

I want to see every scrap of footage possible.

I'd sit through 3+ hours if it came to it.

❤ me some Ghostbusters.
timeware wrote:Depends on what they do with those two hours. Yeah, time should be devoted to introduce the kid's and hopefully the re introduction of the OG's will come sooner then the 79 minute mark.
If that's how long the end credits have to be to credit every single person who worked on the movie, so be it. I'd hate to see a repeat of the clipped GB1 credits.
timeware wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 2:36 am So your saying you want to sit through afterlife for a little over an hour with minimal original cast time, and forty minute end credits? Better be some damn good after credit scene for that long of a wait!
C'mon, man. That part of the post I was exaggerating a tad. There's no such thing as 30 minute long end credits. Avengers: Endgame's end credits were like 10 or 12 minutes. All I meant was credit where credit is due.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on November 22nd, 2020, 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
You also have to be aware he sucks at being sarcastic.

I joke. I joke.

Anyways, one thing I noticed while I'm building the LEGO Ecto-1 is that besides the gunner seat, another chair can be moved.

When you activate the trapdoor (I just noticed that pun), the chair next to the gunner seat slides towards the trapdoor next to some dials and screens, which probably operate the Remote Trap.
Cool!
Alphagaia wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:00 am You also have to be aware he sucks at being sarcastic.

I joke. I joke.

Anyways, one thing I noticed while I'm building the LEGO Ecto-1 is that besides the gunner seat, another chair can be moved.

When you activate the trapdoor (I just noticed that pun), the chair next to the gunner seat slides towards the trapdoor next to some dials and screens, which probably operate the Remote Trap.
Cool!

Sweet Jiminy that would be awesome! Rather than a portable remote control it would be really cool if the instruments act as a way to control the RTV. If you're right maybe there is a monitor on those instruments so they could see where the trap was going. It would make total sense for Ray and Egon to install the remote for the RTV into the Ecto 1. ;)

Man I have to say as many times as I have watched the trailer I never tire of seeing Phoebe pop out in that gunner seat. I bet it looks even better in context, heck I really look forward to seeing how all this stuff will work together. :):):)
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: November 18th, 2020, 10:26 pm 2 months from now is so unknown. 6 months? Absolutely anything can happen!
That is the most honest thing I've read related to the pandemic in months. Let's not kid ourselves, we're in uncharted territory here. We have no idea about April 2021 let alone June 2021. The numbers tell me that we're going to have a lot of things to factor in that seem more like a world war than a simple flu bug. Research your Spanish Flu, and consider what happened, then.

I'm still thinking they will delay the film to October, but it is based on if the April predictions of the vaccine being a somewhat success are true. If it fails, I have zero idea. :walterpeck:
deadderek, seekandannoy liked this
Between the new vaccines coming as well as a science based approach by the new administration we'll finally have a decent chance of getting things under control in the USA.

For those who aren't aware, in the United States a large chunk of the population can't grasp that coronavirus is a public health problem and somehow think it's a political issue and/or a hoax.

It's very embarrassing but true.
Sav C, seekandannoy liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]