Discuss the upcoming movie to be released in 2020 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Wiggyof9
#4928397
My hope is that they get around the timeline issue by making Egon a participant in either a sperm donor program or some kind of surrogate pregnancy that took place before the first movie happened. I don't see him as having settled down and raised a kid and never once mentioning his research to his family. I see this as him being an estranged grandfather. Maybe he didn't even know he had kids, but some how the executor of his estate tracked these people down.
User avatar
By droidguy1119
#4928398
Alphagaia wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:25 am Also, to be fair, Ghostbusters almost spend nothing on marketing to get these views.
I mean, this is a traditional trailer and I have no reason to believe it cost any more or less than any other trailer from a major studio. The savings will be on the film's budget. This looks like a much smaller movie. A friend with industry connections heard "as low as $50-55m" which is in line with what BRON, a lower-budget company and co-financier on this, spent on Joker. Probably more like $60-70m, maybe some Canadian tax credits/conversion helping it. Still thinking much lower than previous films, though, as Ghostbusters (2016) floundered more because it cost $144m than because nobody wanted to see it.

This hand-waving about the leak discrepancies is nonsense. The "leaks" (again, posted as speculation and repurposed as a "leak") are not real. As groschopf says, no character names. Absolutely and significantly wrong about where the old characters are. Wrong about Carrie Coon knowing her dad, per Vanity Fair. Wrong about where the stuff is. Wrong about why Grace brings the stuff to class.

If you were any kind of fan, would you say "attic" if you knew she found this stuff in secret Chambers under the floorboards and underground?

There was the other "leak," but I see no evidence of the "changing people's frequencies" that I remember being the lynchpin of that one (which, BTW, took the other tack and didn't mention the original cast at all).
groschopf, Sav C liked this
By Adub794
#4928400
Muwarrior21 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 11:54 am its obvious janine is grandma, come on people you know it to be true
No more obvious than him not knowing he was a father in 1984. Janine didn’t have kids in 89, so the math by the years and ages posted above doesn’t add up
User avatar
By Gozerhead
#4928404
Adub794 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:01 pm
Muwarrior21 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 11:54 am its obvious janine is grandma, come on people you know it to be true
No more obvious than him not knowing he was a father in 1984. Janine didn’t have kids in 89, so the math by the years and ages posted above doesn’t add up
I think he either 1.) knew he had a child around GBI or 2.) found out later in life he had a child around GBI. Either way, it just wasn't brought up by the movies. I don't think the mother will be a character that we previously knew of. I get that it, and most likely the luck/fate/karma theme will be technical retcons (didn't exist before this movie), but I hope having a child isn't played off as a joke, ie. the sperm donor theory.

I want to there to be character development just as much as additional lore. Sadly, if there haven't been ghosts for 30 years, there might not be much lore outside of Gozer. I think the original universe established that ghosts aren't a normal occurrence. They only exist out of the context of something extra paranormal. I kinda liked the idea of real world ghost mythos being true in this universe.

We are to assume, at this point, that when you die in this universe, you aren't a traditional ghost. It takes something, generally evil, to make spirits manifest - and most are not the spirits of the once living. They've never tackled the benevolent spirit lore before. The are all annoying, malevolent, or non-human.

EDIT: Fewer than a third of the ghosts on this list of the first two films could be considered a traditional spirit of a human...https://screenrant.com/every-ghost-in-g ... rs-ranked/. I suppose the Titanic ghosts would add up pretty quick, lol.
Last edited by Gozerhead on December 10th, 2019, 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
By SSJmole
#4928406
skankerzero wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:05 pm Everyone is assuming Egon is the grandfather and no one is even considering Peck.

This is the place he put all the Ghostbuster stuff after he was finally able to confiscate it all after the Gozer incident.
I admit that would be hilarious and explain why kid didn't know what any of it was as he wouldn't glorify the fraudsters he believes they are 😂
By Wiggyof9
#4928410
McCrea wrote:Could Oliver Cooper be used in a flashback that shows a young Egon in college having a fling with someone?
Well he certainly looks like a fat Egon. Its quite eerie how much him and Ramis look a like. We know the father of the kids is currently out of the picture, so he probably isnt the father or Egon's son unless he returns later in the movie to take over his father's legacy.
User avatar
By SSJmole
#4928414
WorldofthePsychic wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:19 pm I've been wondering if they do a subtle Westworld style CGI for Egon in a flashback with Ray or something.
Is that better than the CGI they did in Star wars rogue one? As Tarkin and young Princess Leia looked weird. I think they fell into uncanny valley territory.
#4928416
WorldofthePsychic wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:19 pm I've been wondering if they do a subtle Westworld style CGI for Egon in a flashback with Ray or something.
The way they did it in Westworld was very subtle and mostly in shadow or the background. But the young Anthony Hopkins looked pretty spot on considering.
Last edited by Kingpin on December 10th, 2019, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed missing quote text
User avatar
By SSJmole
#4928417
WorldofthePsychic wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:50 pm
WorldofthePsychic wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:19 pm I've been wondering if they do a subtle Westworld style CGI for Egon in a flashback with Ray or something.
The way they did it in Westworld was very subtle and mostly in shadow or the background. But the young Anthony Hopkins looked pretty spot on considering.
Ah cool that sounds better. Thank you.

I also didn't like young Tony stark when they used CGI to do that to me it was jarring lol
Last edited by Kingpin on December 10th, 2019, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed missing quote text
WorldofthePsychic liked this
User avatar
By McCrea
#4928418
SSJmole wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:52 pm
WorldofthePsychic wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:50 pm

The way they did it in Westworld was very subtle and mostly in shadow or the background. But the young Anthony Hopkins looked pretty spot on considering.
Ah cool that sounds better. Thank you.

I also didn't like young Tony stark when they used CGI to do that to me it was jarring lol
That's why I think they might use Oliver Cooper as a young Egon (20 something years old) instead of CGI, I think it would be better
#4928419
Either way, some sort of explanation for the investigations into Shandor Mining Co will be taking place... Whether it's just a monologue or a flashback is anyone's guess. I see this as where Ray becomes involved in the plot.
#4928420
Someone on the YHS reaction livestream said the chair in the house is the one from Dana’s apartment that sprouted arms and dragged her to the kitchen. Can someone get a good close up or comparison to see if it’s got holes in the right places? I’d love it if that was true, but want to rule out seeing things into existence because we want to see it, rather than it being true.
Sav C, back liked this
By Adub794
#4928422
Michael Scott wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:05 pm Someone on the YHS reaction livestream said the chair in the house is the one from Dana’s apartment that sprouted arms and dragged her to the kitchen. Can someone get a good close up or comparison to see if it’s got holes in the right places? I’d love it if that was true, but want to rule out seeing things into existence because we want to see it, rather than it being true.
I just checked the trailer. If they’re referring to the chair in the house that’s in the scene with the stacked books, then no. It doesn’t match
Sav C liked this
User avatar
By OtherBill
#4928423
TB3 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:03 am So thrilled by the new trailer.

For what it's worth, I took a close look at the map shown in the trailer - it's a real map, and places Summerville exactly where the real Oklahoma town of Woodward (Woodward County) is located:

Image
That jives with the signs from the set.

https://www.country95.fm/2019/08/08/gho ... -filming/
mrmichaelt liked this
User avatar
By droidguy1119
#4928426
Adub794 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Michael Scott wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:05 pm Someone on the YHS reaction livestream said the chair in the house is the one from Dana’s apartment that sprouted arms and dragged her to the kitchen. Can someone get a good close up or comparison to see if it’s got holes in the right places? I’d love it if that was true, but want to rule out seeing things into existence because we want to see it, rather than it being true.
I just checked the trailer. If they’re referring to the chair in the house that’s in the scene with the stacked books, then no. It doesn’t match
There is a chair in the underground lab as well. More likely that they meant that one because Egon/Ray would probably want to study it.

I am sticking with the theory that any Egon appearance in this movie will be digitally built out of unused material in the footage they had dug up from Ghostbusters that Jason premiered snippets of at Fan Fest. That would be the least-manufactured way to do it -- use authentic Ramis footage and manipulate it without necessarily changing it (you alter the living performers' material to suit the stuff you dig up, not vice-versa). Cooper could be a brother to Coon.

Also, Egon's mistress is obviously the realtor who sold them the firehouse. ;)
By Adub794
#4928434
McCrea wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:37 pmImage

Found this on reddit, video game canon?
I’m going to say that some of that synopsis (Grooberson) is bogus. Anyone can add info to Wikipedia. Also note that the source is the vanity fair article which doesn’t provide any information regarding him as an ex-ghostbuster.
  • 1
  • 246
  • 247
  • 248
  • 249
  • 250
  • 379

Sounds backwards, but you were probably better off[…]

Where did you get this info from? The movie […]

I think kenner ecto1 would be a great. But they ar[…]

My Anovos Proton Pack Build

Fantastic build coming along there.