Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Corey91 wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote: January 27th, 2020, 12:47 am The only reason I think that we will see Aykroyd, Hudson and Murray suit up is because in interviews Ivan Rietman has said the first time he saw Aykroyd, Murray and Ramis fully geared up and running down the street towards the camera it have him a great feeling that they were making something special.
I think Jason Rietman will put a suit up "hero shoot" in just for his Dad.

Woah, when did he say that? Do you have a source? If he mentioned Murray fully geared up, why are all those articles just coming out now that he's confirmed?
He's referring to Ivan Reitman saying in an interview about the original 1984 film that when he had Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murray dressed in full gear running down the sidewalk in NYC, that he knew after filming that shot that he had something special on his hands. It was one of the first scenes they filmed.
JonXCTrack wrote: January 28th, 2020, 2:01 pm
Corey91 wrote:

Woah, when did he say that? Do you have a source? If he mentioned Murray fully geared up, why are all those articles just coming out now that he's confirmed?
He's referring to Ivan Reitman saying in an interview about the original 1984 film that when he had Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murray dressed in full gear running down the sidewalk in NYC, that he knew after filming that shot that he had something special on his hands. It was one of the first scenes they filmed.

Yeah thats what I meant, sorry I didn't make it to clear. My bad.
groschopf wrote: January 28th, 2020, 7:21 pm In all seriousness, I'm not surprised they won't do a Super Bowl spot since they dropped the trailer last month.

I figure the next big thing we're waiting to see is what comes out of Toy Fair in a month.
Trailer Track said much the same on Twitter when I asked about this, and it still blows my mind that it was just over a month ago that the trailer dropped. Feels like forever ago!
Wafflerobot liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: January 28th, 2020, 9:16 am There's little doubt in my mind that this film is intended to serve 2 purposes:
Just remember that whatever purpose it serves Sony is not necessarily the relevant purpose that will define the film. Jason had no reason to turn to Ghostbusters beyond having an idea, and odds are pretty good, IMO, that said idea is about connecting with a father's left-behind legacy...but, unlike Phoebe, the father in question is still here.

Whatever this does for the future of the franchise is likely not as important as that emotional backbone, and I worry that some people will be disappointed if it turns out Jason wasn't really thinking of this in terms of canon and all that. Frankly, it's hard to say if we're even going to be looking at obvious setup for future Phoebe adventures beyond her character (and presumably the whole family) surviving.
groschopf, robbritton liked this
Honestly, im okay with that. Its the most “official” GB3 weve been waiting for. Weve been building towards this for as far as i can remember, its one of the focal points of why alot of sites and boards started back in the 90s.

I have a feeling the film will be conclusive while still leaving the door ajar when the film fades to black.

If its the last film we get, im fine with a “trilogy”, a great game, 2 great cartoons and comics.
seekandannoy, Kingpin liked this
timeware wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:39 pm I just rewatched the trailer. I'm not going back a thousand posts but has anyone thought that Egon or Ray could have trained the terror dog and kept it as a family pet? Might be an interesting twist if we don't get Slimer.
I don't recall the idea coming up before now. I don't find it likely, though.
I can't to see how they deal with the Terror Dog period. Is it trappable? What happens when they shoot it - will it be confined in the streams like a standard ghost? Will it simply cause pain? Discorporate? I recall in the comics, they trapped something comparable, Tiamat's servants, but only after carefully calibrating one trap each for them. It could be a great hero moment that the Terror Dog terrorizes the cast and Grooberson manages to flee in his car to the farmhouse, then some stalking in the field, and right when the Terror Dog has them cornered, it jumps, and gets blasted by the main cast - their first present day scene in the movie sans flashbacks, played footage etc. Maybe then bust out some new tech to capture it... :D

The 'puff' ghost they case in the trailer will be probably be the 'new Slimer' in this movie.
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:27 am
timeware wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:39 pm I just rewatched the trailer. I'm not going back a thousand posts but has anyone thought that Egon or Ray could have trained the terror dog and kept it as a family pet? Might be an interesting twist if we don't get Slimer.
I don't recall the idea coming up before now. I don't find it likely, though.
I do believe the idea had been raised earlier in the thread, but it's either about 1000 posts back as suggested, or I've dreamed it
I saw on Wikipedia that Oliver Cooper's character is given the name Elton. It's on Oliver's wiki as well, but I can't find the original source.

It links the article announcing him being in the movie, but not the name Elton.

Anyone know where that came from?

(I look up stuff for this movie and I feel like a PI on the case, lol.)
janeb984 wrote:I saw on Wikipedia that Oliver Cooper's character is given the name Elton. It's on Oliver's wiki as well, but I can't find the original source.

It links the article announcing him being in the movie, but not the name Elton.

Anyone know where that came from?

(I look up stuff for this movie and I feel like a PI on the case, lol.)
Well if you remove the T you have Elon which was the name of Egon's twin brother in the Earth Day Special.

Maybe he plays Egon's brother Elton or someone came up with a theory of him being his brother?
Most of that Reddit thread sounds plausible enough. It also sounds like things you could deduce from watching the trailer and bits we've seen leaked online.

I might have a little more faith if they spelled "Gooberson/Gooberman" correctly (or even consistently in the span of six sentences), or actually cited the source they appeared to copy and pasted that from.
pizzarat, robbritton, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... _spoilers/

Here is the Reddit thread in question. Somehow this one escaped my daily perusing. Considering what happened during the Rise of Skywalker leaks saga, I wouldn't doubt it if real details are revealed before the actual movie comes out. If it is true, that's a pretty cool fragment of a story. If GB broke-up in 199x, and everyone went their own way, it makes me really wonder about Spengler's exile in OK. Stantz and Spengler were always joined-at-the-hip, especially in II, so maybe there was a personal falling-out besides the business.

Lately I've been thinking about Grooberson. Did his research as a seismologist lead him to Summerville, or was that just a coincidence?

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]