Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I'm thinking a Ghostbusters 2020 trailer could be released with Zombieland 2. This is just a guess but I'm thinking its a good guess. Why? Zombieland has a Ghostbusters connection. Bill Murray has a hilarious cameo where Ghostbusters is referenced more than a few times. The new Zombieland sequel is also rumoured to have both Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray in it. I'm not sure if that's been confirmed or not. Also, I think Zombieland is a Sony film. Or maybe not? I can't remember.

Part of the plot of the sequel involves the Zombieland crew meeting their doppelgangers. I'm thinking perhaps the doppelganger crew met up with Dan Aykroyd like how in the first film the original crew meets up with Bill Murray.

Sony would never do this but how cool would it be if we see footage of Ghostbusters 2020 in Zombieland 2? If you've never seen the first film, Ghostbusters is screened in Bill Murrays personal theatre for a member of the Zombieland crew that has no idea who Bill Murray is. So wouldn't it be neat if a similar encounter with Dan Aykroyd is to occur, they show footage from GB3? It would never happen but what an original way to debut footage from an upcoming movie.

The director of both ZombieLand movies, Ruben Fleischer, is a massive Ghostbusters fan. Part of the Sony leaks revealed an email he had sent Amy Pascal begging to direct Ghostbusters 3. If memory serves he even says he'd do it for free lol.
droidguy1119 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 2:31 pmJumanji 2 seems more likely, if we get a trailer this year.
Yeah you are right, I forgot about Jumaji 2. Good call. That's when it will debut. Way more eyes balls plus it's that sweet December spot.

Infact I'd bet money on the chances of it showing up with Jumanji 2. That's Sony's big Christmas movie. 100% it will be with Jumanji.

Zombieland is a little too early with it being a July release.
BatDan wrote: September 30th, 2019, 8:14 pm i imagine the trailer will be just a blank screen and then the word "ghostbusters 3" appears...and we still have yet to see a real frame of footage til the movie comes out.
The chances of that happening are about 0%. No marketing at all? They want the movie to be a success. There will have to be trailers and marketing.
Doubt Sony will release anything before Christmas since production raps up in October. There's still a lot of pressure to get a Ghostbusters trailer right even with all the positivity surrounding this film. Considering that it's a family oriented flick, I'm guessing Peter Rabbit 2 is a safe bet for a 'full' trailer.
G.I.T. wrote: October 6th, 2019, 11:12 pm Doubt Sony will release anything before Christmas since production raps up in October. There's still a lot of pressure to get a Ghostbusters trailer right even with all the positivity surrounding this film. Considering that it's a family oriented flick, I'm guessing Peter Rabbit 2 is a safe bet for a 'full' trailer.
It will be Jumanji 2. Bet on it. Plenty of film's release trailers while still in production, that's nothing new. So since they've been filming for months now they'll have shots ready in time. Christ, we got a trailer for Nolan's new film earlier this summer. A trailer with footage from the movie, not a purpose built trailer like the first GB2020 announcement teaser.

The GB16 trailer came out in March I think, extremely late in the game. Very unusual. Sony doesn't want a repeat of that disastrous trailer launch. They launched so late they didn't time have to change minds. There are a couple trailers infamous in the marketing world for how bad they were and how they affected the movie. Oddly enough both examples are Sony films. One is Jack & Jill, the Adam Sandler film. It was so bad people thought it was a skit, a parody of bad trailers like the ones in the Apatow/Sandler/Rogen film "Funny People". The other is Ghostbusters 2016. So Sony knows how important this is. If they launch an underwhelming trailer in December, by March-April a new trailer will be out and if it's better, people will forgive the first trailer. It's a tricky game.
Davideverona, Corey91 liked this
deadderek wrote: October 7th, 2019, 3:12 pm No Dan? Damn. Guess he got cut. :(
Cheer up Derek, you know what they say?
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just makes you swear and curse.
If you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best!
Dr.D, Kingpin liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]