Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

There was a Ghostbusters Afterlife Replica Pack Posted up on eBay yesterday that had a bunch of new stuff on the pack.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on October 9th, 2020, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
Jimsy33, JonXCTrack liked this
Yeah I saw a link to the posting but it got quickly taken down... I guess someone could have bought it, but it seemed fishy how fast it got pulled. I saw a screenshot from an Instagram post that had the screen prop with the yellow cable connecting the same way on the bottom. Im just going to go ahead and use this as my reference for my afterlife pack...its a spirit pack mod so accuracy is already out the window...but wanted to get as close as possible on my budget. Thanks for the photos!
ecto88mph wrote: October 9th, 2020, 10:52 am Yeah I saw a link to the posting but it got quickly taken down... I guess someone could have bought it, but it seemed fishy how fast it got pulled. I saw a screenshot from an Instagram post that had the screen prop with the yellow cable connecting the same way on the bottom. Im just going to go ahead and use this as my reference for my afterlife pack...its a spirit pack mod so accuracy is already out the window...but wanted to get as close as possible on my budget. Thanks for the photos!

Yeah, that's what I did, although I'm thinking I'll add the cyclotron plug as well. :)

My Pack Thread -> New Mods To My Rubies Ghostbusters Proton Pack
Has anyone picked up on all that cabling around the Clippard before? Seems a bold addition if you plucked it out of the air and hadn’t seen the actual screen used prop.
kahuna900 liked this
While I personally feel this is the least-spoilery spoiler ever (and frankly, I don't think anything is being spoiled if it is an accurate depiction of one of the Afterlife props), as the images have been censored on Facebook, and was reported to the Mods here, I've added the spoiler tags to the particular section of the post.
Kingpin wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:19 pm While I personally feel this is the least-spoilery spoiler ever (and frankly, I don't think anything is being spoiled if it is an accurate depiction of one of the Afterlife props), as the images have been censored on Facebook, and was reported to the Mods here, I've added the spoiler tags to the particular section of the post.

Wow, sorry... I had no idea posting pictures of a "2020 Proton Pack Prop" in a "2020 Proton Pack and Props - Clips from the trailers" thread was a frowned upon. :)
groschopf liked this
Up until now it's just been stills and video from the official trailers, the replica, if it is an accurate reflection of the prop, was assembled with reference that hasn't been officially released... So it falls into a murky area.

As I noted, I feel this is barely even a spoiler... The Gunner seat was far more significant... But following a prior leak, I'm just putting a small buffer in place until we get an official confirmation. No offense was intended by the decision.
Kingpin wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:36 pm Up until now it's just been stills and video from the official trailers, the replica, if it is an accurate reflection of the prop, was assembled with reference that hasn't been officially released... So it falls into a murky area.

As I noted, I feel this is barely even a spoiler... The Gunner seat was far more significant... But following a prior leak, I'm just putting a small buffer in place until we get an official confirmation. No offense was intended by the decision.

No worries, I never meant to cross the streams here. Sorry to be a bother. :)
Without getting into specifics, I'm 99% certain that the eBay-listed pack is a replica of a replica, as compared to having first-hand reference of the new props; while some details are right, there are quite a few inaccuracies with it, and it seems to be a near-identical match to another Afterlife replica in the community (with the same creative liberties taken).

I know everyone's eager to start on their own Afterlife builds, but it's always wise to take any fan replicas with a grain of salt and not to use them as definitive reference. For instance, those 2nd generation Legris elbows are not correct, so hopefully people don't jump on paying a premium for the wrong parts.

It will be great to see everyone's take on replicating the new props once Sony releases either the new trailer or any additional behind-the-scenes footage before the film's release. :)
kahuna900, Mercifull, Glenn Frederick and 3 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: October 9th, 2020, 11:43 am What's up with that strange looking plate on the side of the spacer?
Someone has already whipped up an stl for it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4619393
kahuna900, SpaceBallz liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

kahuna900 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 10:29 am There was a Ghostbusters Afterlife Replica Pack Posted up on eBay yesterday that had a bunch of new stuff on the pack.

Interesting looking, nothing major looks more like reworks.

I'll be interested in seeing how this timeline plays into all these changes, they do say 30 years has passed since a Ghost encounter so realistically that's about a year after the events of Vigo that everything calmed down and they presumably went out of business (again). That's of course assuming they go by a real life timeline which they seem to be doing. The theme for gb1 and 2 seem to be Ghost appearances really increase when a major entity is about to make an appearance and decrease drastically when they get defeated, also seems to be what's going on in Afterlife going by the trailer.

So if that's the case where do all these changes come from if it's not been used in that amount of time? Just tinkering in spare time or something? :?: Ecto as well has been downsized from it's somewhat ludicrous gb2 form. The waiting game continues.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Without getting into specifics, I'm 99% certain that the eBay-listed pack is a replica of a replica, as compared to having first-hand reference of the new props; while some details are right, there are quite a few inaccuracies with it, and it seems to be a near-identical match to another Afterlife replica in the community (with the same creative liberties taken).

I know everyone's eager to start on their own Afterlife builds, but it's always wise to take any fan replicas with a grain of salt and not to use them as definitive reference. For instance, those 2nd generation Legris elbows are not correct, so hopefully people don't jump on paying a premium for the wrong parts.

It will be great to see everyone's take on replicating the new props once Sony releases either the new trailer or any additional behind-the-scenes footage before the film's release. :)
I guess I am not as eagle eyed as you are. I’m pretty sure the Legris elbows were a bit different from GB1 to GB2. Are you saying these Legris elbows don’t match up with either film? Or are you saying that they don’t match up with the Afterlife pack we saw Phoebe using in the field?
JonXCTrack wrote: October 9th, 2020, 7:02 pm I guess I am not as eagle eyed as you are. I’m pretty sure the Legris elbows were a bit different from GB1 to GB2. Are you saying these Legris elbows don’t match up with either film? Or are you saying that they don’t match up with the Afterlife pack we saw Phoebe using in the field?
While one of the GB2 semi-hero packs featured the unique 2nd generation Legris elbows, none of the Afterlife packs appear to use any Legris-brand fittings.
Demon Vice Commander wrote: October 9th, 2020, 1:08 pm I know everyone's eager to start on their own Afterlife builds, but it's always wise to take any fan replicas with a grain of salt and not to use them as definitive reference. For instance, those 2nd generation Legris elbows are not correct, so hopefully people don't jump on paying a premium for the wrong parts.
This this this this 1000%

Or else......

My afterlife pack so far... still need to add the mess of red cables once I confirm that is actually on the afterlife pack.

Edit: fixed the photo link
Last edited by ecto88mph on October 11th, 2020, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23 liked this
ecto88mph wrote: October 10th, 2020, 11:28 pm Any idea what that grayish thing is zipped tied to the smaller splitloom cable is? My guess is some kind of heat shielding material.
Do you mean all the thin red wires? There's nothingzip-tied to the smaller split-loom:
They look like some sort of metal cable fastener that you'd screw into a wall. We've got something similar throughout my workplace.
Has there been any official images that show those red wires that are connected all around the clippard, I want to move forward with that part but as far as I can tell all images showing this are from fan made packs, any idea if that's legit?
ecto88mph wrote: October 11th, 2020, 4:44 pm Has there been any official images that show those red wires that are connected all around the clippard, I want to move forward with that part but as far as I can tell all images showing this are from fan made packs, any idea if that's legit?
As far as I can recall (without going over the Afterlife files I've been downloading as I've come across them), there isn't yet anything official which shows the red wires.
Mercifull liked this
Anyone out there have a pic of the pack build that got taken down due to the C&D? If so please PM me... I am doing a afterlife inspired build and I want to know of that build had the red wires attached around the clipard valve.
Austin wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:43 pm Guys, I didn't get a C&D. We can drop that bit of nonsense now, please :lol:
Ha sorry, I guess we are all pretty desperate for new news.
WShawn wrote: December 9th, 2019, 1:05 pm The PKE meter (very near and dear to my heart) has been tweaked. I immediately noticed the face is a bit rounded, where it's 100% flat in the original prop. I also noticed her fingers aren't actually in contact with any of the touch switches.

Upon downloading the trailer and stepping through that shot it looks like the touch switches are bigger now (more like on the toys), rather than the chrome wire of the original. But the biggest change is it looks like they've added additional lights to the tips and undersides of the wings. At first I thought it might be a light leak, but there's definitely some new light nubs that aren't on the original.

To me it looks like the halloweencostumes.com P.K.E. Meter with some modifications to it
BRD 527 liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]