Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
OK, I extracted the photo from the Android app, it's actually a video.
Had to enhance the brightness a little. It does show more detail, but unfortunately there's too much shadow under the gearbox to know whether there's a second flip switch there (like the new one under the Ion Arm).

Last edited by prodestrian on July 28th, 2021, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonogunn, Jimsy33, Kingpin liked this
prodestrian wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:16 pm OK, I extracted the photo from the Android app, it's actually a video.
Had to enhance the brightness a little. It does show more detail, but unfortunately there's too much shadow under the gearbox to know whether there's a second flip switch there (like the new one under the Ion Arm).

Thanks for posting. Not the best photo but it 100% confirms a lot of the stuff we have seen on fan afterlife packs.
jonogunn wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:11 am Not a fan of that mess of wires by the clippard
Agreed. I’m all for updates and making the packs look like they’ve been held together with whatever was available, but that just seems like they added stuff for the sake of adding stuff. Looks like there are several more connecting to the booster tube as well.
RedSpecial liked this
JWils23 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 7:13 pm
jonogunn wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:11 am Not a fan of that mess of wires by the clippard
Agreed. I’m all for updates and making the packs look like they’ve been held together with whatever was available, but that just seems like they added stuff for the sake of adding stuff. Looks like there are several more connecting to the booster tube as well.
I think it looks awesome. Maybe the underlying circuitry is broken and Egon didn't have the money to fully fix the pack so he patched it up by rerouting it externally.
JWils23 liked this
Each to their own.
For me, personally it's just a bit too busy.
I'm really not into all the silver weathering on the shell and bumper either.
And don't get me started on the Dixie cup bracket or after market Alice gear :lol:

Having said that , this is just one pack and from what we've seen a lot of things point to this being a pack which is designed for a specific purpose which may well not share all of it's additions and design choices with the other packs in the movie.
JWils23, Nighty80 liked this
Spot on Red, to each their own. I like a lot of the other little modifications done to the pack. I think it fits in with trying to keep a 30+ year old nuclear accelerator up and running with no budget. Maybe we’ve just become proton pack purists :lol:

It’s just that one cobbling of wires that gets me for whatever reason. Maybe they’ll explain it, maybe they won’t and maybe it’ll grow on me. I’m definitely excited to see more pictures of this pack and any of the other packs they use in the movie and if they’ve been modified.
RedSpecial liked this
djsparky wrote:I have a feeling we may see a pack taken apart in this movie, or the inside of the cyclotron. Adam Savage once hinted how he'd have loved to see the inside. Maybe he got his wish.
That's what I was thinking. I have a hunch Jason asked him to come up with the design of the inside of the cyclotron and that's why he's so giddy about "things he can't disclose yet". When asked in a livestream if he was involved with Afterlife he said with the biggest smile "I can't confirm or deny that" .I heard rumors we may see such a scene and after a proton pack with the cyclotron cover missing accidently was spotted in the background of one of his youtube workshop videos, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Edit: This was the pack that was spotted in an Adam Savage workshop video on youtube:
mburkit liked this
Not really from the trailers, but with the Hasbro action figure toy line released I wonder if we'll see some sort of attachment for the thrower barrel in the movie. I initially just brushed off the toy thrower attachment as maybe something cool they added for the kids toys and not necessarily going to be in the movie, but it seems to be there on the action figure packs that Hasbro has now shown previews of.

From the hasbro description: "The primary blaster, complete with sound and light effects, comes with two attachments – the Blast ‘n Trap and the Plasma Stream"

What do you guys think? Maybe we'll see some new pack tech like in the video games?

Corey91, SpaceBallz liked this
Lowberg wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:15 pm Not really from the trailers, but with the Hasbro action figure toy line released I wonder if we'll see some sort of attachment for the thrower barrel in the movie. I initially just brushed off the toy thrower attachment as maybe something cool they added for the kids toys and not necessarily going to be in the movie, but it seems to be there on the action figure packs that Hasbro has now shown previews of.

From the hasbro description: "The primary blaster, complete with sound and light effects, comes with two attachments – the Blast ‘n Trap and the Plasma Stream"

What do you guys think? Maybe we'll see some new pack tech like in the video games?

Does the toy PKE come with the tazer function? If so, this might be a good indication.
joezlo wrote: August 4th, 2021, 10:55 am A freaking revolving light?!?! That kind of mechanic is so much easier than programming IC's! -grumbles-
The downsides of course are the motor would eventually need replacing, is less power efficient, and would make noise compared to the silent circuit kit.

Word I've seen repeated is that the rotating light was replaced part-way through production because it was noisy and unreliable.
joezlo wrote: August 4th, 2021, 10:57 am Does the toy PKE come with the tazer function? If so, this might be a good indication.
It does: that's what the function where the arms stick straight up represents. :)
Dr.D, RedSpecial, djsparky liked this
So, I don't love the aesthetic of the pack mods; but that's really not what's bothering me. It's the one fear I had early on which what we've seen has confirmed: relatively small, young kids wearing and shooting the packs. They're supposed to be REALLY heavy, and handle like a fire hose. If it had been Wolfhard's character or one of his peers, it wouldn't have bugged me quite so much - he's apparently about 5'8", and around 130lbs (featherweight; but kinda starting to get there) - but Grace is only about 5' even, and evidently hasn't even broken 100lbs. Firing from that gunner's seat was one thing; but discharging something with that kind of heft and kick from a standing position? I'm pretty sure that should knock somebody that small right on their ass.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]