Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
kahuna900 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 9:14 am
DarkSpectre wrote: July 12th, 2021, 7:30 amthe file is on thingiverse. I printed one for my kid's spirit pack.
This is the one I had printed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4642295

I think it looks awesome on the pack!

I drilled a hole off center from the rear and placed two washers as spacers to mount mine without any other mods, how did you mount yours?
This is how it looks now
I wasn't going for an Afterlife version pack, just a pack in general...
Here is my Spirit Pack modification thread
LINK:
MY RUBIES/SPIRIT PACK MODIFICATION
hawkbatsquadron wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:47 pm I drilled a hole off center from the rear and placed two washers as spacers to mount mine without any other mods, how did you mount yours?

My style crank knob is hollow and fits over the existing knob found on the pack. It doesn't turn but completely covers the horrible stock knob, making it look more realistic.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4642295

hawkbatsquadron liked this
gerv wrote: October 6th, 2021, 2:26 pm In the video on tested he's flicking throuigh a sketch book of the props, one thing that appears right at the end is called "the gauntlet".
It appears to be a sketch book of his notes rather than a book of prop designs from Ghostbusters: Afterlife. I'm inclined to assume the book's just where he puts all his plan drawings/ideas and that the gauntlet is unrelated to the movie.
danimal liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 6th, 2021, 2:31 pm
gerv wrote: October 6th, 2021, 2:26 pm In the video on tested he's flicking throuigh a sketch book of the props, one thing that appears right at the end is called "the gauntlet".
It appears to be a sketch book of his notes rather than a book of prop designs from Ghostbusters: Afterlife. I'm inclined to assume the book's just where he puts all his plan drawings/ideas and that the gauntlet is unrelated to the movie.

Might well be, doubt they would let something like that be on camera to potentially spoil unsen stuff.
groschopf wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:15 am Here's a nice shot of the pack. Note that the wand has an additional wire threaded through the red tubing at the end, which appears to be going into a hole drilled into the underside of the barrel... I assume to power an LED lightbulb stuck in the end of the barrel for filming.

source

See the Afterlife Proton Pack Research Thread on it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48135&p=4956726#p4956726
Ok so not strictly Afterlife related, but does anyone know what Adam Savage was using for the powdered rust (Fuller's Earth I assume) as well as what be was spraying down on it before and after, at the end of that one day build video? Looking for ways to really weather my pack in a cool manner and like the effect he managed to get, but they didn't really go over it in the vid. Thanks!
cristovalc wrote: October 17th, 2021, 8:38 pm Ok so not strictly Afterlife related, but does anyone know what Adam Savage was using for the powdered rust (Fuller's Earth I assume) as well as what be was spraying down on it before and after, at the end of that one day build video? Looking for ways to really weather my pack in a cool manner and like the effect he managed to get, but they didn't really go over it in the vid. Thanks!
I think he was spraying either glue or brown paint.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Krylon Color Master clear flat (matt). I think it also works well as a spray glue and the result is probably more durable.

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K05353007 ... arketplace

cristovalc, Jimsy33 liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]