Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Ecto24601
Alphagaia wrote: November 25th, 2021, 2:18 am
mrmichaelt wrote: November 25th, 2021, 12:54 am
Thanks. Was it in the Muncher chase, the ghost montage, some other scene?
The ghost montage showed it overflowing.
Correct.

Guesses of cut material based on my second viewing:

Miner memorial could have featured more prominently in longer scene when Podcast gives Phoebe a tour of the town and its mysteries.

We might have seen more of the farmhouse and therefore the kitchen with mood slime toaster in a longer Grooberson/Callie scene (where she asks if he wants a tour and he picks up the map).
By Kingpin
Ecto24601 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 12:50 am The famous photo (from trailer 2) of the four guys with cigarette Egon was not in the movie. I guess it belonged to cut parts of Janine's first scene.
Based on the stuff in the background, I'm beyond confident it's part of the set dressing from
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Scuba Steve
doney84 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:00 pm Doritos been shot at Phoebe in the school.
I'm glad this scene was cut; it sets up the other students as being mean and making Phoebe a victim instead of simply showing her as a really awkward girl. We don't need her to be bullied to show the audience she doesn't fit in... that was perfectly demonstrated by the rest of the film.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By Chicken, He Clucked
Scuba Steve wrote: I'm glad this scene was cut; it sets up the other students as being mean and making Phoebe a victim instead of simply showing her as a really awkward girl. We don't need her to be bullied to show the audience she doesn't fit in... that was perfectly demonstrated by the rest of the film.
We haven't seen the full scene or how Phoebe responds. Expanding on the Summerville cast would help the movie feel more grounded and alive. I'd need to see the whole scene and interaction to make my mind up.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:58 am
Ecto24601 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 12:50 am The famous photo (from trailer 2) of the four guys with cigarette Egon was not in the movie. I guess it belonged to cut parts of Janine's first scene.
Based on the stuff in the background, I'm beyond confident it's part of the set dressing from
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:51 pm
I'm confident the books I've circled in this illicit cellphone pic and from the trailer are the same stack:
The position of the lampshade also makes me feel that's the same area.
mrmichaelt, robbritton, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
In the Collider Interviews video, Jason did say the assembly cut was 3 hours. So 1 hour was trimmed. But later in the interview, he repeats that the "Reitman cut" is the theatrical cut and we'll see a "few deleted scenes" in the home release.

In the Yes Have Some interview video, Jason confirmed they tried shooting the scene from his initial idea of Phoebe shooting a field and making popcorn but they couldn't quite pull it off (6:48-7:26).
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By Chicken, He Clucked
I’m begging Jason, please give us the full hour of deleted scenes or even the assembly cut as an extra. The home release costs enough. Fans would drop £150 on the deluxe set if it came with this added bonus.

Let the fans do their edit, it was one of the most fun things about ATC post-release.

Although could see them holding on to this stuff for anniversary editions in ten, twenty years.
By timeware
Even with the added deleted scense I doubt the "professional" critics would change their scoring, but yeah i'd like to eventualy see if there were any easter eggs or equipment we missed.
By LouisZeddemore
Some B roll footage has been uploaded to YouTube some days and I haven't seen it over here.

It features some interesting bits and scenes that didn't make the final edit, like waitress getting slimed at the Chinese restaurant (probably when Muncher passes by) and Gooberson explaining some more of Ghostbusters history.

Also, you can see Dan being present at the sheriff's office set, however, this one probably doesn't mean much, though.

While watching the movie I kinda expected / wished the OGs will show up at the sheriff's office to pick up Ecto-1 and the equipment (the sheriff probably knew what those kids were playing with). That would have been a cool introduction to the OGs, have some screen time with all of them and then slowly progress towards the finale, which still could play out similar to the one we saw.
Ecto24601, mrmichaelt, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By Alex Newborn
Apologies if I overlooked it...

Grooberson saying "That's no good" after they opened the trap between the schoolbuses.

Not necessarily 'deleted', as it's an alternate take, but if the "I love this car" line by Podcast counts, so would "That's no good."

Also deleted... the syllable "bud--" when Grooberson sees the Terror Dog in Wal-Mart. In the final film he only says "Hey" and then it immediately roars.

Alex
By gerv
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:34 am I’m begging Jason, please give us the full hour of deleted scenes or even the assembly cut as an extra. The home release costs enough. Fans would drop £150 on the deluxe set if it came with this added bonus.

Let the fans do their edit, it was one of the most fun things about ATC post-release.

Although could see them holding on to this stuff for anniversary editions in ten, twenty years.
They'll likely do the usual "nickel and diming" people with new versions with footage that was found behind the toilet in a random actors trailer. Has there been a single release of the original movie with ALL the deleted scenes yet? i'm near sure when they released the bluray a while back a short while after they suddenly just happened to find more footage of the Fort Detmerring sequence.

Unless the assembly cut gets leaked liklihood is they'll never release it and milk the shit out of multiple versions of the movie with trimmed clips of sequences so they can always have more to milk people with.
deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
Neat, love b-roll.

So at 6:15, there's the Mini-Puft on the shelf. Jason posted a bts photo from this scene on his instagram I think. The shelving matches up with the hardware store. I think that's from the scene with the owner coming down the aisle from trailer 1. So he likely has an encounter with the Mini-Pufts. Hmm, maybe during the ghost montage.

Yeah, agreed. Poor actress, slimed for nothing. Likely from the ghost montage. That didn't look like the blue slime so not from the Muncher chase.

7:30, the made a film about it in the 90s. lol.

9:44, looks like that could be from the part when Phoebe makes popcorn in the field.
By deadderek
The earthquake ripping the streets IS in the movie. It is immediately after Gozer rips Shandor in half.
By SpaceBallz
I was wondering why we didn't see more slime in the movie after reading an article about how Jason wanted to get the original slime recipe for the film. I wonder why the cut the slimed waitress.
deadderek liked this
By TheManEatingToaster
mrmichaelt wrote: November 26th, 2021, 5:28 pm Yeah, agreed. Poor actress, slimed for nothing. Likely from the ghost montage. That didn't look like the blue slime so not from the Muncher chase.
I remember seeing some Youtube videos about the filming sites back in 2020 and in one of them they left a bucket of Slime for people to play with and it was green, the deleted scene was from a restaurant so maybe it was Slimer.
By mrmichaelt
TheManEatingToaster wrote: November 27th, 2021, 10:15 am
I remember seeing some Youtube videos about the filming sites back in 2020 and in one of them they left a bucket of Slime for people to play with and it was green, the deleted scene was from a restaurant so maybe it was Slimer.
Jason already stipulated Slimer isn't in Oklahoma. Probably a deleted ghost character.

Probably cut for pacing. Wanted to get to Phoebe and Podcast confronting Gozer and the Terror Dogs as soon as possible.
By spookcentral
There are two smaller things I noticed between trailers that were not mentioned in the OP's list and Popular Tripe's video:

1. As Ecto-1 rounds the corner in front of the Summerville Post Office, the first trailer did not have the RTV in the shot. It was added in the second trailer and the final film. You can see a frame-exact comparison in my Trailer #2 review on Spook Central

2. During the Muncher chase, he narrowly escapes the proton streams by flying over the sidewalk on the left side of the screen in one shot. When we first saw this shot in Trailer #1, the "Empress" sign on the theater in the background was left alone. In Trailer #3 and the final film, "Empress" has been digitally-erased from the sign. Also, Muncher's position in the shot has been slightly altered since that first trailer. You can see a frame-exact comparison in my Trailer #3 review on Spook Central (Note: You need to look *really* carefully in the background of the frame I chose to see the altered "Empress" sign as my original framegrab from Trailer #1 was not designed to show off that sign.)

mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
spookcentral wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:18 pm There are two smaller things I noticed between trailers that were not mentioned in the OP's list and Popular Tripe's video:

1. As Ecto-1 rounds the corner in front of the Summerville Post Office, the first trailer did not have the RTV in the shot. It was added in the second trailer and the final film. You can see a frame-exact comparison in my Trailer #2 review on Spook Central
I chalked it up to them trying to prevent the RTV from being spoiled too early on into promotion rather than a deleted scene. It's not an uncommon practice with theaters. Even though, there's a lot of analysis going on with the new Spider-Man trailer scrubbing out characters near the end of it.

EDIT: In the Crossrip interview, at the 40:17 mark, Arjen Tuiten confirms there was more filmed that what appeared in the movie of Zuul's arms grabbing Egon. He notes it was "quite violent".
http://www.ghostbustershq.net/the-ghost ... er-29-2021
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By deadderek
mrmichaelt wrote: November 29th, 2021, 9:21 pm
spookcentral wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:18 pm There are two smaller things I noticed between trailers that were not mentioned in the OP's list and Popular Tripe's video:

I chalked it up to them trying to prevent the RTV from being spoiled too early on into promotion rather than a deleted scene. It's not an uncommon practice with theaters. Even though, there's a lot of analysis going on with the new Spider-Man trailer scrubbing out characters near the end of it.

EDIT: In the Crossrip interview, at the 40:17 mark, Arjen Tuiten confirms there was more filmed that what appeared in the movie of Zuul's arms grabbing Egon. He notes it was "quite violent".
http://www.ghostbustershq.net/the-ghost ... er-29-2021
Hopefully we get a TON of deleted scenes, hopefully with that included as well.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this
By Alex Newborn
Paul (spookcentral)'s post reminds me...

I don't have a frame from the actual movie to compare, but one thing I noticed that was different from the trailer to the film was they 'erased' the PKE Meter from the shot where Phoebe is lifting up the first floor tile.

This is the trailer frame, no PKE.

But in the film the PKE Meter is on the floor to Phoebe's right. Even when she lifts up the tile in the film, parts of it are still visible.

Alex

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]