Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
While it looks great, it does sort of come across as a bit odd that the cyclotron is going to be lit more like the 84 version and have slower lights overall vs the really fast motor driven lights in the afterlife version.

Edit: hmm maybe not the case, he does mention when taking it apart theres 2 switches in the cyclotron for setting it up like the the 84 or afterlife pack so maybe they can cycle much faster with the flick of a switch.
gamera1968 liked this
Says the switches are for the 84 mode and the vibration on or off. However the lights don't concern me so much as the volume...well ok still wondering if the pack lights will rotate faster and flash or such as overhead gets closer. Overall though not a bad presentation.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 8:49 am Says the switches are for the 84 mode and the vibration on or off. However the lights don't concern me so much as the volume...well ok still wondering if the pack lights will rotate faster and flash or such as overhead gets closer. Overall though not a bad presentation.
Just remember that this is a prototype and the one we're getting will be closer in accuracy with the lights being able to switch between the '84 movie and Afterlife.
ValeChronotis liked this
I'm impressed with this.

It's not everything to all Ghostbuster fans, but it is an amazing product and I'm just grateful they are making it at all.

This won't detract from the amazing work many on here put into their own builds, but it does offer those who either can't afford to build a custom pack, or don't have the time or skill, to own a pretty decent replica.
Last edited by mwilkinson on November 22nd, 2021, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamera1968 liked this
This is honestly the best Ghostbusters toy/replica offered to fans by a company. This and the wand which was released last year. So glad I backed this, going to be modding it like crazy when it arrives. An authentic screen accurate GB pack, I've been wanting one for years. Can finally join my local GB chapter with this.
gamera1968 liked this
I’m guessing they didn’t have the sound effects ready for this prototype yet?

I like how the Hasbro guy doesn’t comment on anything that it can’t do. Like when Adam was checking the pack to see if the wand affects it at all or when the wand powered down automatically.

Either they can’t sync up the wand and pack properly or they are working on it and just holding it close to their chest in case they can’t achieve it.

It really is a shame they weren’t able to plan ahead the wand and the pack but hey no huge deal. Only thing is the speaker quality in the wand isn’t good enough imo
I was impressed with what I saw in the video.

Hopefully there will not be too many compromises when it goes into production. I did notice several times he mentioned that the pack shown is a prototype.

I was a bit concerned that the hose section coming right out of the pack seems very rigid. He said something like it will have an ABS core. I worried that if it was too rigid that if you accidentally hit something it might snap the connector to the pack.

I was not impressed with how the cyclotron red lights being a matrix of LEDs looked. I do have to commend them on going with the matrix of LEDs instead of only one LED. I liked that they are trying to replicate the rotating look and hope they manage to make it look better on the finished product. Also hopefully one area that the bean counters will not eliminate to try and save money.

I did like the hidden compartment.
gamera1968 liked this
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm That powercell door is going to be the battery compartment on my modded pack :D
Any thought on what you'll modify first?
I mean, besides the power cell door / battery compartment?

I'm curious now to see what ideas everyone has to mod their Haslab packs..

hmm...
gamera1968 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm That powercell door is going to be the battery compartment on my modded pack :D

hmm...
I don't want to delve too much into ideas since we don't know the finalized features. I want to switch over to a battery pack as it's the gold standard for me personally and I can just swap it between my other fullsized packs (an 89 3D printed pack and an RGB printed pack).
gamera1968 liked this
Before I get started here, does anyone know if you can put a real Clippard on the wand? The Clippard that's on the wand is the only feature that I don't care for. I actually wish someone made a metal tip replica of the tip that is on the wand so that I can swap those parts out for metal as well.

Part of the reason why I want this pack is that it is a whole lot lighter than the one I have been sporting. My current pack is over 30 pounds. It's like walking around with a bag of dog food, lol.

The only things I think I would want to do with this pack is somehow manage to get a hi-capacity battery in there and bypass the D-size batteries it runs off of. Also, give it a real Clippard valve and of course, an A.L.I.C.E. pack frame. I actually wish there were some different options as far as the motherboard goes because even with a pack frame, you would still have those slots from where they put the stock straps on the motherboard.

I have some very minor nitpicky things about this that can most likely be fixed but I am absolutely getting it.

I wish they would also give us a Ghost Trap with the option to upgrade it to an RTV Trap or use it like a normal trap. Also, a PKE meter. Let's face it, the Matty Collector versions of the PKE, Trap, and Goggles are either super expensive or very hard to come by.

gamera1968 liked this
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:49 pm
gamera1968 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm

hmm...
I don't want to delve too much into ideas since we don't know the finalized features. I want to switch over to a battery pack as it's the gold standard for me personally and I can just swap it between my other fullsized packs (an 89 3D printed pack and an RGB printed pack).
Understandable. Nice. Sounds like a great idea. :)
GBDRE760 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 10:38 pm Before I get started here, does anyone know if you can put a real Clippard on the wand? The Clippard that's on the wand is the only feature that I don't care for. I actually wish someone made a metal tip replica of the tip that is on the wand so that I can swap those parts out for metal as well.

Part of the reason why I want this pack is that it is a whole lot lighter than the one I have been sporting. My current pack is over 30 pounds. It's like walking around with a bag of dog food, lol.

The only things I think I would want to do with this pack is somehow manage to get a hi-capacity battery in there and bypass the D-size batteries it runs off of. Also, give it a real Clippard valve and of course, an A.L.I.C.E. pack frame. I actually wish there were some different options as far as the motherboard goes because even with a pack frame, you would still have those slots from where they put the stock straps on the motherboard.

I have some very minor nitpicky things about this that can most likely be fixed but I am absolutely getting it.

I wish they would also give us a Ghost Trap with the option to upgrade it to an RTV Trap or use it like a normal trap. Also, a PKE meter. Let's face it, the Matty Collector versions of the PKE, Trap, and Goggles are either super expensive or very hard to come by.

I've heard that some ghostheads have replaced the stock Clippard on the neutrona wand with authentic ones, but it may require some modding. I replaced the one on my wand with a resin Clippard and it looks much better, IMHO.

Overall, I don't think it would be too difficult to mod the Hasbro pack as I've done minor modding to my Hasbro wand like removing the fake tape on the rear grip and covering the front shot gun grip with more authentic looking handles. (vintage bicycle hand grips from eBay)
Just remember that this is a prototype and the one we're getting will be closer in accuracy with the lights being able to switch between the '84 movie and Afterlife.
Maybe. I know he said it's a prototype but the volume and brightness of the lights may not change which is what I have concerns with but I still have at least 2 coming so...I'm in either way but I'm not wired for modifying stuff so...I may just be stock with a basic Hasbro pack and wand with a frame.
I ordered 1 pack. After seeing that video, I added 2 more. This is so awesome that we are getting a replica like this at such a fantastic price!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]