Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Kevin Dawe
My girlfriend was watching ghost adventures recently and I made some playful jabs at the show as I was passing through the room. We both laughed and she said she found it strange that I love Ghostbusters but I don't believe in ghosts. I said that I can like Lord of the Rings without believing in Orcs, but it got me thinking, do most GB fans believe in ghosts?

What do you folks think? Do you believe in ghosts? Do you think it would be harder to enjoy GB if you didn't?
By SSJmole
I don't at all. Also I agree liking ghostbusters shouldn't = believe in ghosts. 1) there's also gods and a marshmallow Man , I don't believe in those either. 2) assuming ghosts are real I highly doubt they look like Slimer. 3) exactly right on LOTR. I like Dragonball and I don't believe in sayians , I like DC movies but don't believe in superheroes. Lol I don't believe you have to believe in it if you like.

However at the same time if anyone does believe in gods or ghosts or anything like that I have no problem with it. It's their beliefs. As long as you don't use your beliefs to hurt people then I don't care everyone is free to believe what they like.
Kevin Dawe liked this
By timeware
Don't we already have a similar topic on this? To answer the question I do believe in Ghosts. I have hard personal experiences through investigations to believe other wise. Foot steps when no ones there, unexplained breathing, doors slamming for no reason. While I haven't seen a full torso apparition yet I cant just outright deny their existence.
I used to be a skeptic.
darthbuster liked this
By Davideverona
timeware wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 12:33 pm Don't we already have a similar topic on this? To answer the question I do believe in Ghosts. I have hard personal experiences through investigations to believe other wise. Foot steps when no ones there, unexplained breathing, doors slamming for no reason. While I haven't seen a full torso apparition yet I cant just outright deny their existence.
I used to be a skeptic.
How's Elvis?
Sav C, Kevin Dawe liked this
By timeware
I looked out my window this morning to see him digging in my trash.
In all seriousness though going to places like Savanah, Gettysburg, Tombstone, you definitely get the sense that somethings going on. While I hope that people are respectful in places like Dachau they have a ton of "dark" history not to have something lingering there.
Investigating the ruins of old castles I will bet you money you come out with a different perspective.Battle fields like Antitem are almost unchaged from the Civil war. If you watch them long enough you could almost imagine the civil war taking place.
Kevin Dawe, darthbuster liked this
By Sav C
Yes...tentatively. I believe I have seen and experienced ghosts, however neither the experiences individually nor as a whole are definitive enough to make me fully believe. The majority of the ghosts I saw were from around when I was 12 or 13. Some were really vivid, but none to the point where the possibility of my mind playing tricks on me was ruled out.
By Gatchigirl
Yes I believe in ghosts and no, you don't have to believe in something in order to enjoy a movie about it. How many people love horror movies about maniacal men with machetes and gloves with knives? Do they actually believe they exist, no, but people enjoy those movies too.
darthbuster liked this
By GBfan77
Sure I do. Do I think every incident you see on Ghost Adventures or on a Youtube video is because of a Ghost? No. But I've had experiences I haven't found explanations for and I've seen a Full torso Apparition. But are they the spirits of the deceased as is popularly believed, or something else. Something very natural that we haven't discovered yet. If that's the case, it's most likely will never be discovered. You mention Ghosts to a person with a PHD in quantum mechanics and they'll scoff at the notion.
darthbuster liked this
By RichardLess
No. No I don't.

Here's why: almost 90% of people in the western world have access to a cellphone with video capabilities, where is all the evidence? Here's another thing: Why are all supposed "ghosts" people from the 1800's or early 1900s? Why do we never see any Roman Solider ghosts? Or dinosaur ghosts? Now, that being said, I've seen a few things I cannot explain. But there are a thousand and one other possibilities I'd consider before landing on "ghost".

Ghosts are about human narcissism. We want so badly to believe there is more to this world than what we see and observe. That there's a purpose to it all beyond procreation and continuing the species.

Remember how the Romans, and Vikings and Greeks use to make up Gods for all the things they didn't understand? They didn't understand how or why lightning works so boom: there's a God for that. They didn't understand the purpose of the Sun and the Moon so boom: there's a God for that.

Of course now a days the notion of lightning Gods are reserved for comic book movies and are complete non sense. But a thousand years ago? It was as real and Ghosts, goblins and everything in between.
Nesslyquick liked this
By Sav C
When I was a good deal younger, my younger siblings decided to tease me about our house being haunted. They said that the house was haunted by shadow ghosts (just like they sound--ghosts that are silhouettes, like shadows), which would peak out from behind doors and stuff. They swore that they were being truthful, and for a while I took their story at face value. Eventually they added in a plot twist: the shadow ghosts--hundreds of them--could on occasion be seen gathering together out in the street around dusk. At this point I became skeptical, and it was only within a few days when it finally came out that the whole thing was a big fib.

While the shadow ghosts proved to be a bust, I now had a renewed urge to find proof that ghosts were real--and that they were occupying my house.

Several occurrences happened, which seemed hard to explain. In one room of the house, things would off of their shelves. It seemed to me like a ghost would be running through the room. Another time, I thought I saw Mozart when I was waking up. I developed the telepathic ability to communicate with pictures of my grandfathers, neither of whom I ever got a chance to meet. I would ask them questions (mentally), and they would smile back at me. It was subtle, but it seemed like they were able to answer me. One day while I was doing this, it felt like somebody poked me in my left arm.

I would use google to research knowledge about ghosts. I stumbled across a site that said that you could bring ghosts home to your house if you went to the cemetery and invited them into your home. This is exactly what I did. I went to the edge of the cemetery, and invited ghosts to come to my home.

Let's just say that it certainly seemed to work. I started a log to keep track of all of the ghosts I saw--it reached around 30 entries. When I tried to create a digital log in Microsoft Access (as opposed to a paper log) the ghosts really started acting up. I assumed that they were angry, so I deleted the digital log. They seemed to please them.

The ghosts would only appear for a split second, and then they would vanish. One of the ghosts, who I saw three or four times, was a young friend of mine who had at the time recently passed away. I saw him sitting on my couch, at my table, at the end of a hall.

One time I was at a friend's house for a sleepover. I saw an alien spaceship fly over outside, an instrument come down their chimney, and a ghost sitting in a chair across the room from me. Since I couldn't sleep, I got up and had an hour long telepathic communication with a coat rack.

Twice while I was in my own bed trying to get to sleep, a faint glowing orb floated in through my bedroom door, and vanished when it got close to my bed.

Once in my downstairs bedroom, and for a split second I saw a man in a suit and fedora appear and then disappear. I went upstairs into the room directly above where I had been, and a dark, faint mist wizzed through the room.

Another time, I saw an old man hunched over a cane in the downstairs hallway. He had his back to me. As soon as he disappeared, I got a bit creeped out, and decided to go upstairs. Standing on the landing of the top of the stairs was our old family dog who had passed away when I was little. Of course, when I went to explain this to my parents I was mildly hysterical, and they didn't believe me.

The forest behind my house was slated to be logged. Protests were held, and it seemed that whenever anything related to the logging was happening, these faint ghosts would appear in my living room which were flying skulls with white capes.

In an effort to get ghosts on film, I set up my go pro in our living room. It ran for ten minutes. I sat on the couch with a notebook, and whenever I saw orbs I would jot down the video timecode in the notebook. When I downloaded the video, I could've sworn that the orbs were present in the footage.

Three or four decades ago, a woman was killed in the house next door to mine. I had it on good authority from my neighbor that the house was haunted, and that she would come home and chairs would be moved around. She would never go in the basement. One day I went into our basement and saw an orange, crippled figure, followed by two orange orbs. My neighbor sold the house. The new neighbors fixed the place up, and gave us a sneak peak of the place. When I looked down my neighbor's basement stairwell, I saw the orange orb at the bottom.

That pretty much covers all of my most interesting ghost stories. For the most part, I stopped seeing ghosts around turning 14. Even with the benefit of hindsight, I honestly do not know what to make of all of it. While I would like to believe that I could communicate with my grandfathers, I seriously doubt that I have ESP or telepathic abilities--and communicating with a coat rack is just looney, plain and simple. While I have memories, corroborating logs, and even a videotape, I lack a sound conviction that ghosts are, in fact, real.

To answer the thread topic, which I already did once before (the 2020 thread is locked, so I figured I'd write this up), I do believe in ghosts--albeit tentatively. I recognize that there could be multiple explanations--an overactive imagination, for instance. An article in the Guardian asserts that childhood hallucinations are common (and when they do not have negative feelings attached, are often benign). While some of the ghosts were quite vivid, they never lasted more than a split second, making it harder to assert their actual existence. Heck, as I'm writing this I'm noticing tiny vapor trails in my peripheral vision--is my imagination acting up, or have the ghosts actually come back to pay me a visit? I cannot say. I honestly do not know. All I can say is, whether the things I've seen are real or not, they certainly make for an interesting yarn. Thanks for taking the time to read all of that.
darthbuster liked this
By RichardLess
Sav C wrote: June 30th, 2019, 1:07 am When I was a good deal younger, my younger siblings decided to tease me about our house being haunted. They said that the house was haunted by shadow ghosts (just like they sound--ghosts that are silhouettes, like shadows), which would peak out from behind doors and stuff. They swore that they were being truthful, and for a while I took their story at face value. Eventually they added in a plot twist: the shadow ghosts--hundreds of them--could on occasion be seen gathering together out in the street around dusk. At this point I became skeptical, and it was only within a few days when it finally came out that the whole thing was a big fib.

While the shadow ghosts proved to be a bust, I now had a renewed urge to find proof that ghosts were real--and that they were occupying my house.

Several occurrences happened, which seemed hard to explain. In one room of the house, things would off of their shelves. It seemed to me like a ghost would be running through the room. Another time, I thought I saw Mozart when I was waking up. I developed the telepathic ability to communicate with pictures of my grandfathers, neither of whom I ever got a chance to meet. I would ask them questions (mentally), and they would smile back at me. It was subtle, but it seemed like they were able to answer me. One day while I was doing this, it felt like somebody poked me in my left arm.

I would use google to research knowledge about ghosts. I stumbled across a site that said that you could bring ghosts home to your house if you went to the cemetery and invited them into your home. This is exactly what I did. I went to the edge of the cemetery, and invited ghosts to come to my home.

Let's just say that it certainly seemed to work. I started a log to keep track of all of the ghosts I saw--it reached around 30 entries. When I tried to create a digital log in Microsoft Access (as opposed to a paper log) the ghosts really started acting up. I assumed that they were angry, so I deleted the digital log. They seemed to please them.

The ghosts would only appear for a split second, and then they would vanish. One of the ghosts, who I saw three or four times, was a young friend of mine who had at the time recently passed away. I saw him sitting on my couch, at my table, at the end of a hall.

One time I was at a friend's house for a sleepover. I saw an alien spaceship fly over outside, an instrument come down their chimney, and a ghost sitting in a chair across the room from me. Since I couldn't sleep, I got up and had an hour long telepathic communication with a coat rack.

Twice while I was in my own bed trying to get to sleep, a faint glowing orb floated in through my bedroom door, and vanished when it got close to my bed.

Once in my downstairs bedroom, and for a split second I saw a man in a suit and fedora appear and then disappear. I went upstairs into the room directly above where I had been, and a dark, faint mist wizzed through the room.

Another time, I saw an old man hunched over a cane in the downstairs hallway. He had his back to me. As soon as he disappeared, I got a bit creeped out, and decided to go upstairs. Standing on the landing of the top of the stairs was our old family dog who had passed away when I was little. Of course, when I went to explain this to my parents I was mildly hysterical, and they didn't believe me.

The forest behind my house was slated to be logged. Protests were held, and it seemed that whenever anything related to the logging was happening, these faint ghosts would appear in my living room which were flying skulls with white capes.

In an effort to get ghosts on film, I set up my go pro in our living room. It ran for ten minutes. I sat on the couch with a notebook, and whenever I saw orbs I would jot down the video timecode in the notebook. When I downloaded the video, I could've sworn that the orbs were present in the footage.

Three or four decades ago, a woman was killed in the house next door to mine. I had it on good authority from my neighbor that the house was haunted, and that she would come home and chairs would be moved around. She would never go in the basement. One day I went into our basement and saw an orange, crippled figure, followed by two orange orbs. My neighbor sold the house. The new neighbors fixed the place up, and gave us a sneak peak of the place. When I looked down my neighbor's basement stairwell, I saw the orange orb at the bottom.

That pretty much covers all of my most interesting ghost stories. For the most part, I stopped seeing ghosts around turning 14. Even with the benefit of hindsight, I honestly do not know what to make of all of it. While I would like to believe that I could communicate with my grandfathers, I seriously doubt that I have ESP or telepathic abilities--and communicating with a coat rack is just looney, plain and simple. While I have memories, corroborating logs, and even a videotape, I lack a sound conviction that ghosts are, in fact, real.

To answer the thread topic, which I already did once before (the 2020 thread is locked, so I figured I'd write this up), I do believe in ghosts--albeit tentatively. I recognize that there could be multiple explanations--an overactive imagination, for instance. An article in the Guardian asserts that childhood hallucinations are common (and when they do not have negative feelings attached, are often benign). While some of the ghosts were quite vivid, they never lasted more than a split second, making it harder to assert their actual existence. Heck, as I'm writing this I'm noticing tiny vapor trails in my peripheral vision--is my imagination acting up, or have the ghosts actually come back to pay me a visit? I cannot say. I honestly do not know. All I can say is, whether the things I've seen are real or not, they certainly make for an interesting yarn. Thanks for taking the time to read all of that.
So you, um, had a "conversation" with a...coat rack? A, uh, telepathic conversation? I hope you at least asked "how's it hanging?"

But seriously though..I assume most of this is either hallucinating or sleep paralysis or just made up fairy tales.
RedSpecial, Nesslyquick liked this
By Sav C
Yeah, I discount that entire night. I know that I never saw an alien saucer. Thought it was a bit amusing, so I included it. I seriously doubt all of the encounters were due to sleep paralysis (although that one night could've been), since they dragged on for far too long, although I certainly do not rule out hallucination. Honest to god, though, none of that was made up--even if it was all just hallucinations. I maintain the possibility that they might have been ghosts, since that's what they seemed like.

Interestingly enough, I never heard any of the ghosts. I never saw the ghost that knocked stuff off of shelves or poked me. The room never changed in temperature or anything when I would see ghosts.

Anyway, all of this amounts to a tentative belief in the possibility of ghosts. Nothing more, nothing less.
By Murrayshere
Don't believe but would love for someone to prove me wrong, Sav C... I need your imagination. If anyone is in Dorset UK and wants to do something crazy then I'm gain.
By Sav C
Yeah, I mean I really haven't thought much about those things above between when they happened and when I wrote the above post. At the time I was young so ghosts would've been the my go to explanation--nowadays I would be much more likely to conclude that the ghosts were mere hallucinations. It's been a good four years since I saw any of these things, but ever since I made the above post (and have been thinking about ghosts), I've been noticing ghosts again (not a vivid as described above, mind you--more like, well, tiny vapor trails), increasingly leading me to to believe that my mind was (and is) playing tricks on me.
By GBfan77
RichardLess wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:25 am No. No I don't.

Here's why: almost 90% of people in the western world have access to a cellphone with video capabilities, where is all the evidence?
Say for the sake of argument that someone sees a Ghost and records the entire event in perfect clarity and detail. Then he uploads his evidence for all the world to see. What's the first thing someone is going to say?

"Fake"

And there's the problem, you may have video evidence of a Ghost, but how do you prove the video is authentic that will be accepted by everyone? There are people who believe the Moon Landings were a Hoax despite NASA releasing Thousands of photos of the surface of the Moon. In order to prove the existence of Ghosts you'd literally have to catch one and display it for the world to see.
RichardLess wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:25 amHere's another thing: Why are all supposed "ghosts" people from the 1800's or early 1900s? Why do we never see any Roman Solider ghosts? Or dinosaur ghosts? Now, that being said, I've seen a few things I cannot explain. But there are a thousand and one other possibilities I'd consider before landing on "ghost".
Dinosaurs are Millions of years in the past. Since nobody really knows what a Ghost actually is it's uncertain how long such phenomenon lasts. I will agree that not everything that goes bump in the night is a Ghost, and I think the real Amityville Horror was the murder of that family, but what about the percentage that can't be easily explained? That's always interests me.
RichardLess wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:25 amGhosts are about human narcissism. We want so badly to believe there is more to this world than what we see and observe. That there's a purpose to it all beyond procreation and continuing the species.
But there is more to this world than what we see and observe. We just haven't discovered it yet. But keeping with the subject if Ghosts, I can't say it's all narcissism or hallucination. People have been experiencing this strange stuff for thousands of years, and for some Ghosts are evidence of some sort of existence after death. Maybe it gives them comfort, and if it does I won't be the one to scoff at it.

If anything Ghosts have given us plenty of entertainment.
Sav C liked this
By Murrayshere
GBfan77 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 9:46 am

Here's why: almost 90% of people in the western world have access to a cellphone with video capabilities, where is all the evidence?
Say for the sake of argument that someone sees a Ghost and records the entire event in perfect clarity and detail. Then he uploads his evidence for all the world to see. What's the first thing someone is going to say?

"Fake"

And there's the problem, you may have video evidence of a Ghost, but how do you prove the video is authentic that will be accepted by everyone? There are people who believe the Moon Landings were a Hoax despite NASA releasing Thousands of photos of the surface of the Moon. In order to prove the existence of Ghosts you'd literally have to catch one and display it for the world to see.
RichardLess wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:25 amHere's another thing: Why are all supposed "ghosts" people from the 1800's or early 1900s? Why do we never see any Roman Solider ghosts? Or dinosaur ghosts? Now, that being said, I've seen a few things I cannot explain. But there are a thousand and one other possibilities I'd consider before landing on "ghost".
Dinosaurs are Millions of years in the past. Since nobody really knows what a Ghost actually is it's uncertain how long such phenomenon lasts. I will agree that not everything that goes bump in the night is a Ghost, and I think the real Amityville Horror was the murder of that family, but what about the percentage that can't be easily explained? That's always interests me.
RichardLess wrote: June 27th, 2019, 1:25 amGhosts are about human narcissism. We want so badly to believe there is more to this world than what we see and observe. That there's a purpose to it all beyond procreation and continuing the species.
But there is more to this world than what we see and observe. We just haven't discovered it yet. But keeping with the subject if Ghosts, I can't say it's all narcissism or hallucination. People have been experiencing this strange stuff for thousands of years, and for some Ghosts are evidence of some sort of existence after death. Maybe it gives them comfort, and if it does I won't be the one to scoff at it.

True, they have given us so much entertainment! Liking the positive approach.. I would love to have a full-on encounter that I couldn't explain. I think thats the only way I would believe.

Do you believe in God?
Never met him.
By RichardLess
GBfan77 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 9:46 am

"Fake"

I'm sorry but that "fake" reasoning is just ridiculous. We have methods of testing if an image or video has been manipulated. You can look at meta data and people with proper training and tell very quickly. People who believe the moon landing is a hoax are people no one should listen to. Those are people that don't listen to reason, logic, science and proof. We landed on the moon. We KNOW we landed on the moon. There are stupid people in the world. Knowing that there are stupid people doesn't mean if proof of ghosts, legit peer reviewed proof, were to occur it wouldn't have a very real and instant affect on society. But again, ghosts aren't real so all of that is moot.

If ghosts as we currently define them exist we would have so much proof it would be embarrassing. Yes, there are many things we can't observe. But that isn't a reason to believe in fairy tales.

Look at all the darn ghost hunting shows that exist. If ghosts were real we would have so much proof just from those shows alone. But no. Instead they add the creepy music, the ridiculous editing, the "what was that? Did you hear that?" trick.

Here's something I say to any who believes in psychic's, ghosts, demons, whatever. Have you ever heard of James Randi? He's exposed more paranormal frauds than probably any person in history. Anyways, there is something, or was something, called The Randi Prize. If anyone could prove a claim of having paranormal abilities you would get 1 millions dollars. You'd think for all the so called psychic's in the world it would be the easiest million dollars ever made, right? But guess what? To this day the prize has remained unclaimed. It sat in a bank account gaining interest over the decades. And you know why the prize money went unclaimed? Because it's all hogwash.

I wish it were real. Oh I wish it were real. But people will always be people and therein lies the problem.

We lie, cheat and steal. We want to be interesting, famous and/or rich. Some people are willing to do anything to achieve that.

The Amityville case, or should I say the Amityville fraud, is an example of this.

The Warrens were liars, hucksters and frauds.
deadderek liked this
By Sav C
I'm not a fraud. I might have been delusional at points--I don't rule that possibility out. But I can assure you I'm not a fraud or a liar.
By RichardLess
Sav C wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:18 am I'm not a fraud. I might have been delusional at points--I don't rule that possibility out. But I can assure you I'm not a fraud or a liar.
I didn't say you were. You aren't trying to get rich off anything by making your experience anything more than it was. You also admit there's a very solid chance it was not paranormal but some kind of delusion.

I gotta admit, I can totally see Peter Venkman's face if you were to appear on "world of the psychic" and tell him you had a telepathic conversation with a coat hanger. It would've been legendary
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By GBfan77
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 am I'm sorry but that "fake" reasoning is just ridiculous.
Why? I see comments like that all the time when it comes to videos, and with all the fake videos posted for entertainment these days it would be very easy to assume anything that's possibly paranormal to be fake as well.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amWe have methods of testing if an image or video has been manipulated. You can look at meta data and people with proper training and tell very quickly.
Seen that before. People claiming to be experts examining footage and determining it's 100% authentic. So even if you have an actual expert on film and he or she says the footage is the real deal there's going to be skeptics who will say it's a fraud.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amPeople who believe the moon landing is a hoax are people no one should listen to. Those are people that don't listen to reason, logic, science and proof. We landed on the moon. We KNOW we landed on the moon. There are stupid people in the world.
I'll agree with that.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amIf ghosts as we currently define them exist we would have so much proof it would be embarrassing. Yes, there are many things we can't observe. But that isn't a reason to believe in fairy tales.
Yes, but again for every bit of true evidence you have there will always be the one who will doubt it. That's always going to be there. " I'll believe it when it happens to me."
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amLook at all the darn ghost hunting shows that exist. If ghosts were real we would have so much proof just from those shows alone. But no. Instead they add the creepy music, the ridiculous editing, the "what was that? Did you hear that?" trick.
Don't get me started on those shows. "I just saw an old man in that room!" So how come you didn't have your camera pointed that way? "what was that? Did you hear that?" No I didn't hear f_ck all over you standing around talking.
I get more entertainment value watching shows like Paranormal Witness or A Haunting.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amHere's something I say to any who believes in psychic's, ghosts, demons, whatever. Have you ever heard of James Randi? He's exposed more paranormal frauds than probably any person in history. Anyways, there is something, or was something, called The Randi Prize. If anyone could prove a claim of having paranormal abilities you would get 1 millions dollars. You'd think for all the so called psychic's in the world it would be the easiest million dollars ever made, right? But guess what? To this day the prize has remained unclaimed. It sat in a bank account gaining interest over the decades. And you know why the prize money went unclaimed? Because it's all hogwash.
Actually I did check out James Randi. Interesting guy. But think about this for a moment, Plus If ghosts exist would they want to be caught on camera or perform on camera for money that they have no use for? I don't know. That's also assuming that Ghosts exists and are what people think they are and not something else entirely.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amThe Amityville case, or should I say the Amityville fraud, is an example of this.
I'm actually talking about the murders that took place. Ronald DeFeo Jr killed his entire family in that house in 1974. That was no Fraud.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amThe Warrens were liars, hucksters and frauds.
I liked the Conjuring movies.
By RichardLess
GBfan77 wrote: July 19th, 2019, 3:08 pm
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 am I'm sorry but that "fake" reasoning is just ridiculous.
Why? I see comments like that all the time when it comes to videos, and with all the fake videos posted for entertainment these days it would be very easy to assume anything that's possibly paranormal to be fake as well.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amWe have methods of testing if an image or video has been manipulated. You can look at meta data and people with proper training and tell very quickly.
Seen that before. People claiming to be experts examining footage and determining it's 100% authentic. So even if you have an actual expert on film and he or she says the footage is the real deal there's going to be skeptics who will say it's a fraud.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amPeople who believe the moon landing is a hoax are people no one should listen to. Those are people that don't listen to reason, logic, science and proof. We landed on the moon. We KNOW we landed on the moon. There are stupid people in the world.
I'll agree with that.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amIf ghosts as we currently define them exist we would have so much proof it would be embarrassing. Yes, there are many things we can't observe. But that isn't a reason to believe in fairy tales.
Yes, but again for every bit of true evidence you have there will always be the one who will doubt it. That's always going to be there. " I'll believe it when it happens to me."
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amLook at all the darn ghost hunting shows that exist. If ghosts were real we would have so much proof just from those shows alone. But no. Instead they add the creepy music, the ridiculous editing, the "what was that? Did you hear that?" trick.
Don't get me started on those shows. "I just saw an old man in that room!" So how come you didn't have your camera pointed that way? "what was that? Did you hear that?" No I didn't hear f_ck all over you standing around talking.
I get more entertainment value watching shows like Paranormal Witness or A Haunting.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amHere's something I say to any who believes in psychic's, ghosts, demons, whatever. Have you ever heard of James Randi? He's exposed more paranormal frauds than probably any person in history. Anyways, there is something, or was something, called The Randi Prize. If anyone could prove a claim of having paranormal abilities you would get 1 millions dollars. You'd think for all the so called psychic's in the world it would be the easiest million dollars ever made, right? But guess what? To this day the prize has remained unclaimed. It sat in a bank account gaining interest over the decades. And you know why the prize money went unclaimed? Because it's all hogwash.
Actually I did check out James Randi. Interesting guy. But think about this for a moment, Plus If ghosts exist would they want to be caught on camera or perform on camera for money that they have no use for? I don't know. That's also assuming that Ghosts exists and are what people think they are and not something else entirely.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amThe Amityville case, or should I say the Amityville fraud, is an example of this.
I'm actually talking about the murders that took place. Ronald DeFeo Jr killed his entire family in that house in 1974. That was no Fraud.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:07 amThe Warrens were liars, hucksters and frauds.
I liked the Conjuring movies.
lol. Your response to the James Randi prize involved some very interesting mental gymnastics. When you resort to an answer like "who knows, maybe ghosts don't want to be seen on camera or have no use for money" you've entered the grasping at straws phase of a belief.

You seem to care too much about what random stupid people on the internet who don't believe in measureable science think. There are still TONS of people who think that 9/11 was an inside job or that the Towers were detonated. We have science that tells us WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that this is not the case. People believe it anyways. Those people are not worth listening to. It would be the same thing with Ghosts, if one was caught on camera and the image could be proven to be legit. Lunatics on the Internet don't change the fact that something is real or not real. Don't use them or their lunacy as any kind of excuse or reasoning. It gives them power. Skeptic's, real skeptic's, want to be proven wrong. How do I know? I'm a skeptic and I would love nothing more than ghosts and the paranormal to be real. Here's an example of what the ghost believer world needs:

You may have read recently of American fighter pilot videos having encounters with multiple UFO's being released to the public(even reported in the New York Times). Now is it an alien? We don't know. UFO doesn't mean "alien". It just means Unidentified. This is what the ghost believer world needs. Video by government sources released to the public. I mean Aliens are at least theoretically possible.

The conjuring movies are good. But the real Warrens are lying frauds.

I believe what can be proved and observed. We know too much about humans and our psychology to know that Ghosts are simply universal stories meant to make us feel like there is more to this world than the tactile. It's why I don't believe in any religion either. It's all bogus non sense that we can prove is non sense(for instance Christians have to believe in the story or Noah's Ark or that Moses parted the Red Sea. All ridiculous notions). We know that the major sources used in the bible aren't sources at all but accounts written hundreds of years AFTER the supposed events. Remember the game "telephone" we played as kids? Ok imagine that but over a hundred year period over 2 thousand years ago.
deadderek liked this
By GBfan77
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pm lol. Your response to the James Randi prize involved some very interesting mental gymnastics. When you resort to an answer like "who knows, maybe ghosts don't want to be seen on camera or have no use for money" you've entered the grasping at straws phase of a belief.
You missed the point entirely. What I'm trying to imply is that IF ghosts exist, and IF they are what some people believe (the Earthbound spirits of the dead) and IF there is intelligence there, why would they allow themselves to be revealed? So somebody can get rich? If I were a Ghost I'd be like "Screw you, I'm not doing tricks like a lap dog."
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmYou seem to care too much about what random stupid people on the internet who don't believe in measurable science think.
Believing in Measurable Science is fine. But how do you prove something that measurable science refuses to study? As far as I know scientist only study the paranormal in films and other works of fiction.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmThere are still TONS of people who think that 9/11 was an inside job or that the Towers were detonated. We have science that tells us WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that this is not the case. People believe it anyways. Those people are not worth listening to. It would be the same thing with Ghosts, if one was caught on camera and the image could be proven to be legit. Lunatics on the Internet don't change the fact that something is real or not real. Don't use them or their lunacy as any kind of excuse or reasoning. It gives them power. Skeptic's, real skeptic's, want to be proven wrong. How do I know? I'm a skeptic and I would love nothing more than ghosts and the paranormal to be real.
I am talking about REAL Skeptics. Lets face it, if a ghost appeared to me right now and I took a HD picture of it and uploaded it here you'd be the first one to doubt it's authenticity. The same goes for possible video evidence.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmHere's an example of what the ghost believer world needs:
You may have read recently of American fighter pilot videos having encounters with multiple UFO's being released to the public(even reported in the New York Times). Now is it an alien? We don't know. UFO doesn't mean "alien". It just means Unidentified. This is what the ghost believer world needs. Video by government sources released to the public. I mean Aliens are at least theoretically possible.
Not everyone believes the same thing when it comes to Ghosts, just like not every UFO sightings are Aliens. As far as A government video of Ghosts go, same problem as before. It doesn't matter who releases it, you'll still have people saying it's fake.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmThe conjuring movies are good. But the real Warrens are lying frauds.
Never met them.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmI believe what can be proved and observed. We know too much about humans and our psychology to know that Ghosts are simply universal stories meant to make us feel like there is more to this world than the tactile.
I can't except the idea that every single person who has claimed to have seen a ghost just saw a weather balloon or swamp gas or was hallucinating. That maybe the the case for the majority but maybe not for all. It's just not scientific, it's dismissive.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmIt's why I don't believe in any religion either. It's all bogus non sense that we can prove is non sense(for instance Christians have to believe in the story or Noah's Ark or that Moses parted the Red Sea. All ridiculous notions). We know that the major sources used in the bible aren't sources at all but accounts written hundreds of years AFTER the supposed events.
Contrary to popular belief not every Christian believes the story of Noah's Ark. Do I think it happened the way it was written down? Probably not. Is it possible the story could be based on something like a guy building a structure that floated which allowed his family and live stalk to survive a localized flood? Plausible.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmRemember the game "telephone" we played as kids? Ok imagine that but over a hundred year period over 2 thousand years ago.
Actually I never played it.
By RichardLess
GBfan77 wrote: July 20th, 2019, 3:27 am
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pm lol. Your response to the James Randi prize involved some very interesting mental gymnastics. When you resort to an answer like "who knows, maybe ghosts don't want to be seen on camera or have no use for money" you've entered the grasping at straws phase of a belief.
You missed the point entirely. What I'm trying to imply is that IF ghosts exist, and IF they are what some people believe (the Earthbound spirits of the dead) and IF there is intelligence there, why would they allow themselves to be revealed? So somebody can get rich? If I were a Ghost I'd be like "Screw you, I'm not doing tricks like a lap dog."
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmYou seem to care too much about what random stupid people on the internet who don't believe in measurable science think.
Believing in Measurable Science is fine. But how do you prove something that measurable science refuses to study? As far as I know scientist only study the paranormal in films and other works of fiction.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmThere are still TONS of people who think that 9/11 was an inside job or that the Towers were detonated. We have science that tells us WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that this is not the case. People believe it anyways. Those people are not worth listening to. It would be the same thing with Ghosts, if one was caught on camera and the image could be proven to be legit. Lunatics on the Internet don't change the fact that something is real or not real. Don't use them or their lunacy as any kind of excuse or reasoning. It gives them power. Skeptic's, real skeptic's, want to be proven wrong. How do I know? I'm a skeptic and I would love nothing more than ghosts and the paranormal to be real.
I am talking about REAL Skeptics. Lets face it, if a ghost appeared to me right now and I took a HD picture of it and uploaded it here you'd be the first one to doubt it's authenticity. The same goes for possible video evidence.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmHere's an example of what the ghost believer world needs:
Not everyone believes the same thing when it comes to Ghosts, just like not every UFO sightings are Aliens. As far as A government video of Ghosts go, same problem as before. It doesn't matter who releases it, you'll still have people saying it's fake.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmThe conjuring movies are good. But the real Warrens are lying frauds.
Never met them.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmI believe what can be proved and observed. We know too much about humans and our psychology to know that Ghosts are simply universal stories meant to make us feel like there is more to this world than the tactile.
I can't except the idea that every single person who has claimed to have seen a ghost just saw a weather balloon or swamp gas or was hallucinating. That maybe the the case for the majority but maybe not for all. It's just not scientific, it's dismissive.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmIt's why I don't believe in any religion either. It's all bogus non sense that we can prove is non sense(for instance Christians have to believe in the story or Noah's Ark or that Moses parted the Red Sea. All ridiculous notions). We know that the major sources used in the bible aren't sources at all but accounts written hundreds of years AFTER the supposed events.
Contrary to popular belief not every Christian believes the story of Noah's Ark. Do I think it happened the way it was written down? Probably not. Is it possible the story could be based on something like a guy building a structure that floated which allowed his family and live stalk to survive a localized flood? Plausible.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:12 pmRemember the game "telephone" we played as kids? Ok imagine that but over a hundred year period over 2 thousand years ago.
Actually I never played it.
You are being a bit obtuse here. Of course if you uploaded a photo of what you claim is a ghost I wouldn't believe it. Neither should anybody else. But there are ways to find out if an image has been tampered with.

Every person who has claimed to see a ghost and isn't making it up for attention(which is what most of them do) has probably had something else happen to them that is reasonable and explainable. Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor? Look it up if you haven't. Do you know what the worst and most least reliable piece of evidence in a court of law is? Take a guess. If you guessed "Witness testimony" you are correct. It's true. Show 11 people a picture of a yellow car at night and ask them what model the car was and you'll get 11 different answers. Ask them the colour? Same thing. Remember the Laurel and Yanny audio phenomenon that went viral last year? Or the "blue" dress that everyone thought was white? Human's are easily tricked. We are.

Also it's extremely scientific to dismiss eye witness testimony when inexplicable, unexplainable paranormal events are said to occur. Science as a definition is something that can be studied and observed. Ghosts are just science fiction.

And look, when you say something like "haven't met them" about the Warrens, I'm not asking if you have. I'm saying they have lied and been caught lying multiple time about paranormal cases(Amityville being the big one). They just wanted to write a book, get famous & rich. They are frauds.

Also, if you are or anyone is Christian and don't believe what is written in the bible is a fact how can you believe in any of it? Either it's legit or it's not. Again, it's a book that was largely written hundreds of years after the events depicted in the New Testament. Yes, Jesus was more than likely a real person. No he didn't die and come back from the dead, turn water into wine or walk on water. God didn't create the earth in 6 days.

You never played telephone a kid? Wow. But you are aware of the premise of the game and understand how it works and why it's infamous though, right?

Video technology has been around for such a long amount of time that someone would've caught a ghost on video by now. Since they haven't and the majority of people in the world have never seen a ghost, taken together with how unreliable people generally are as witnesses, mixed with human psychology of wanting to conquer and understand death, there is really only one conclusion someone who uses reason & logic to make a judgement call can make: Ghosts aren't real. They just aren't.

People who believe want to believe because it's exciting and fun. It's mysterious and scary. It's also hooey.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]