Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Kingpin
None of us has lived through an event quite like this, and with us being stretched emotionally, physically, mentally and financially as Covid-19 continues to circle the globe, it's become easy to get lost in our own worlds and troubles, bottling stuff up through our desire not to burden others...

Bottling things up and putting on a brave face may seem like a good plan at the time, but it can prove to be an unhealthy coping mechanism.

I see this topic as being a place where those who are feeling the struggle can have a place to vent... To relieve the burden even a little bit... And maybe where other members might be able to chime in, provide advice or links to resources that could be of help.

For those who are feeling they're in the darkest situation, here is a list of suicide crisis lines: Wikipedia: List of suicide crisis lines

For those who are in difficult financial circumstances, here is a list of organisations that might be able to assist: International Monetary Fund: Emergency financing by region

Please, if you are struggling... Reach out to us. We may not be able to provide all the answers, but we'll try.
Glenn Frederick, NotSabbat, Dr.D and 3 others liked this
By Kingpin
NotSabbat wrote: October 5th, 2020, 8:20 am I miss doing Ghostbusters stuff with my Ghostbusters friends.
Understandable, as that was a part of regular social interaction and bonding with costume and related fun shenanigans thrown in. Hopefully sooner rather than later, things will start getting better so that you're able to troop in costume again.

Are you in regular phone/skype/zoom contact with them?
By NotSabbat
Kingpin wrote: October 5th, 2020, 10:24 am
NotSabbat wrote: October 5th, 2020, 8:20 am I miss doing Ghostbusters stuff with my Ghostbusters friends.
Understandable, as that was a part of regular social interaction and bonding with costume and related fun shenanigans thrown in. Hopefully sooner rather than later, things will start getting better so that you're able to troop in costume again.

Are you in regular phone/skype/zoom contact with them?
I am! I actually run a Ghostbusters RPG 2 times a month for them. So there is virtual hanging, but not really the same thing. This Covid thing can stop anytime now.
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
That's good to hear, it's not much, but not much is better than nothing. :)

One of my friends that I haven't seen in person since probably February (due to work commitments before the UK went into lockdown) I've been scheduling gaming sessions online so at least we can catch up, though even when we do sometimes we struggle for conversation as most of our outside hobbies have been suspended.
NotSabbat liked this
By Dr.D
Woke up to a phone call from my best friend that he's positive. He beat cancer a few years ago, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared as hell.

Sometimes I feel ready to throw a chair. It's like a vast majority of this country are acting like there's nothing we can do. Because there is no simple answer, people have given up being safe and it's maddening. I'm worrying for the life of my best friend and people are complaining about wearing a damn mask.
By Kingpin
Dr.D wrote: October 7th, 2020, 12:49 pm Woke up to a phone call from my best friend that he's positive. He beat cancer a few years ago, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared as hell.
I'm sorry to hear, and with the constant bombardment of news it's more than natural to feel scared under the current circumstances. Hopefully he'll weather the virus and come out of it the other side with his health as intact as possible. Does he live close to you, and is there anything he presently needs? If there is, being able provide some assistance in facilitating him getting what he needs could provide you with a bit of a distraction from his diagnosis, as well as the sense of having contributed towards his recovery.
Dr.D wrote: October 7th, 2020, 12:49 pmSometimes I feel ready to throw a chair.
As you saw in the Afterlife thread, there's countless people out there who feel the same. Again, this is a valid reaction to the current circumstances of some of society's response to the virus.
Dr.D wrote: October 7th, 2020, 12:49 pmIt's like a vast majority of this country are acting like there's nothing we can do. Because there is no simple answer, people have given up being safe and it's maddening. I'm worrying for the life of my best friend and people are complaining about wearing a damn mask.
It is infuriating that so little is being asked of so many, and yet so many of those being asked to make a tiny sacrifice are refusing.

It leaves those who are trying in a frustrated position where they will consider "why bother?", before ultimately deciding to continue with social distancing, wearing the mask.

This is one of the things that I come short on advice because I don't know how to fight this ignorance and selfishness.

It's possible it may be impossible to fight it... And that the only thing we can do, is keep calm and carry on.

By sticking to the guidance, you're helping to prevent other people getting infected. :)
NotSabbat liked this
By Dr.D
Everyday is different, and I know it's made harder by the fact that I moved from Chicago to LA last January. Nearly all of my friends and my entire family live in our outside Chicago so it definitely adds to the feelings of isolation that have hit us all I'm sure. Most days, I just try to do the best I can and remind myself that the only thing I can directly control in these situations is my reaction.
Kingpin, NotSabbat liked this
By NotSabbat
Dr.D wrote: October 7th, 2020, 12:49 pm Woke up to a phone call from my best friend that he's positive. He beat cancer a few years ago, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared as hell.

Sometimes I feel ready to throw a chair. It's like a vast majority of this country are acting like there's nothing we can do. Because there is no simple answer, people have given up being safe and it's maddening. I'm worrying for the life of my best friend and people are complaining about wearing a damn mask.

Im feeling this hard right now. Its tough to try to stay stay safe when so many arent. :(
By Kingpin
Dr.D wrote: October 7th, 2020, 5:07 pmthe only thing I can directly control in these situations is my reaction.
Same here.

In my adult years I've learned I don't like sudden, unexpected change... It leaves me briefly irrational... And I don't like feeling that I'm no-longer in control in my life. The early days of the pandemic, and lockdown were not great.
NotSabbat liked this
By Prime 1986
Hey everyone. This covid isolation stuff has been tough. I'm feeling a bit lonely. Looking for a friend I can give and get support from.
By Kingpin
Prime 1986 wrote: October 10th, 2020, 10:48 am Hey everyone. This covid isolation stuff has been tough. I'm feeling a bit lonely. Looking for a friend I can give and get support from.
You've come to the right place, Prime.

What sort of things are you into? Are there any online activity groups in your area dedicated to your interests?
    Kia Soul Ecto -Updated

Well I've completed the build of Sniffer tower. Ju[…]

Does anyone know if other brands of this stuff wou[…]

Neat! Thanks for the info!