Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By luke9511
hey everyone, its been a very long time since i last posted anything on this site good to see its still around! got myself a 3d printer and hope to soon print a trap,

but after doing some googling and reading i am trying to remember the name of a old gb forum i used to be a member but for the life of me i cant remember the name

i do know it was one of the oldest forums back in the day and the site itself was black and red, does anyone know which site i am talking about and if so what ever happened to it? i am just curious and dont wish to bring up anything bad if thats the case.

take care and cant wait to check out all of the builds!
By Kingpin
Black and red could mean it's Ghostbusters.net/Ghostbusters Central, though the scheme was also shared by Ghostbusters HQ.

If I remember, Ghostbusters.net went down, and its closure saw most of its active membership emigrate to Ghostbusters HQ. When GBHQ closed, the active members moved here.

Chad Paulson, Admi of GBN resurrected it to a degree, but it's less substantial in its current form: Link. Troy Benjamin now runs Ghostbusters HQ as an online news site: Link
By Bison256
I'd never heard of those sites. So I checked them out on the wayback machine. Wow what a dark era the mid 2000s were for ghostbusters fans.
By Kingpin
Those were the big ones.

The only others I can think of... And I feel they're less likely to be the one you recall, are A.S.A.P (A Site About Props, which was the forebear to this forum... Though that site's scheme was yellow and black), or Proptopia, which was a mixture of red and black. Proptopia suffered a pretty bad hack probably 10+ years back that saw the user content pretty much wiped clean... A incident that the forum never really recovered from. :(

The very, very last one that springs to mind is maybe Bill Emkow's old Ghostbusters Message Board, which I think disappeared when the title passed over to Chad and it was rebooted as Ghostbusters.net.
luke9511 liked this
By luke9511
Kingpin wrote: March 29th, 2021, 2:25 pm Those were the big ones.

The only others I can think of... And I feel they're less likely to be the one you recall, are A.S.A.P (A Site About Props, which was the forebear to this forum... Though that site's scheme was yellow and black), or Proptopia, which was a mixture of red and black. Proptopia suffered a pretty bad hack probably 10+ years back that saw the user content pretty much wiped clean... A incident that the forum never really recovered from. :(

The very, very last one that springs to mind is maybe Bill Emkow's old Ghostbusters Message Board, which I think disappeared when the title passed over to Chad and it was rebooted as Ghostbusters.net.
Protopia! thats the one and that sucks to hear :( it was an awesome place with lots of info
By luke9511
Kingpin wrote: March 30th, 2021, 2:12 pm It was a pretty awesome place, saw some pretty neat stuff on there back in the day.
if you dont mind me asking but did anything ever come of that screen used pack that ended up getting stolen? this was probably 15 or more years ago now
By Kingpin
luke9511 wrote: April 18th, 2021, 8:39 am if you dont mind me asking but did anything ever come of that screen used pack that ended up getting stolen? this was probably 15 or more years ago now
The guy who bought it was able to retrieve the bumper. I think I remember the conclusion being that whatever happened ended up with the shell being shattered. The owner might've retrieved some other fragments, but the bumper was the most substantial part retrieved. Sadly I don't think he ever learned what had happened, nor who was responsible.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]