https://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Buildin ... /205511240
I trimmed 1/4" off of the tape to leave a width of 1".
I then cut V-shaped darts into the tape to form it around the rounded corners of the goggle frames:
The adhesive on the tape isn't strong enough to really hold the tape to the frame. I initially tried to augment the adhesive with plain rubber cement (right before I debuted my Ecto Goggles at the 2017 Rose City Comic Con), but the heat from my head caused that to fail. I ended up removing all of the glue using an adhesive release and then gluing down the tape with E6000 glue. It seems to be a very strong bond that's unaffected by heat.
ICYMI, here's the thread on my build. I never got around to completely finishing the thread, including the foam:
Good luck with your build.
Had it on my commodore 64/128. Loading a cassett[…]
Now with the thrower vents in the print finally fi[…]
I watched your video and its a great build! Very N[…]
Well, interesting Easter surprise* for me: my pac[…]