Hello again everybody and no worries NotSabbat I decided to get them done, thank you for sharing your files. Today I finished the goggles and here are some of the phases the goggles went through from start to finish with some tips to share. Hope it's helpful and you enjoy.
As with pretty much any 3D printed part it always goes through what I call the spoty putty bath (bath, sand, and bath again as many times until I'm satisfied with overall finish)
Starting to look smooth now...I still think it went through a couple more baths
Now it's starting to look pretty good. I also built the attachment for the webbing with some thin scrap aluminum I had laying around and tried to mimic the rivets used on the GB1 goggles.
Did an outline out of some quarter inch craft foam to use for the lining of the goggles. The actual foam when finished was just super glued to the frames.
I used some clear plastic I got from hobby lobby to cut the lenses. I think I used some washers I had to get the right sizes to trace for the lenses. I scored them out with a razor blade and used a dremel to finish the job.
Now I'm just dry fitting the lenses and started a mild clean up process on the lenses.
I used 4-40 screws and cut out some small sections to fit inside the lense nubs x4 total.
Starting to look pretty now but still needs some clean up.
Were getting there......started the paint work and getting the misc parts ready to go on
Lenses look decent enough for me. Let's start putting this together now.
Finally finished. Took about a month to finish but that's just putting a little time here and there in between work though out that time.
That's all folks. Until next time good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!
My beautiful wife's Etsy account https://www.etsy.com/shop/betsysloops
who does wonderful crochet items, she is just starting up so if anyone can help her out and give her some great feedback you won't be let down by the quailty!