Well, not much as scratch-built as it started, but now with the new 3D printed technology; now after 4+ years I could offer ACCURATE lenses (only thing that held me back was the accurate snaps that holds the cushion together, that are on the frame).

More to come soon
Hanotron liked this
I got my hands on a real AN/PVS-5 from a run here a few years back, and made a mold out of it.
At first, I was starting my wood version based on measurements from other members' work here. But since now I am making them out castings of the real thing, I don't need the wood mold anymore. I will take a comparison picture soon with one I've finished (still, without the snaps), and the real frame.
Sorry fellow members for my absence for the last couple of years.

The two reasons I've been out were due to the fact that my wife wanted a 2016 Reboot proton pack done, and I was really busy with that and some personal matters I had to deal with. The second one, making me hold on this project is to make sure the actual snaps (from the same maker) around the goggle frame match for my needs since I've ordered samples of a combination of about three, and I want to make sure one combination actually fits into my frames.

Hopefully, this will be the year of all my GB projects to finally see the light of day.

Stay tuned.
cristovalc liked this
Ecto Vader wrote:Sorry fellow members for my absence for the last couple of years.

The two reasons I've been out were due to the fact that my wife wanted a 2016 Reboot proton pack done, and I was really busy with that and some personal matters I had to deal with. The second one, making me hold on this project is to make sure the actual snaps (from the same maker) around the goggle frame match for my needs since I've ordered samples of a combination of about three, and I want to make sure one combination actually fits into my frames.

Hopefully, this will be the year of all my GB projects to finally see the light of day.

Stay tuned.
YES! Ironically I was just searching for something like this on here. Keep us updated obviously!
As a cosplayer and prop maker, it's difficult for me to find time to deal with so many projects at the same time.

In fact, I am planning to design my own goggle lenses (GB1 version) to add to my planned kit. I have a handful of shells ready, but I still have to figure out the proper snaps combo from the original makers. Hopefully, this will happen before Halloween or even DragonCon.
DJ Chewie wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 8:04 pm Any chance you are selling a fiberglass copy of the frame? I have the knobs and strap. And I can make the eyes. But that she’ll is perfect
Ecto Vader doesn't currently have a Supporting Membership, so even if he did have a fibreglass copy, he wouldn't currently be allowed to sell items through the forum.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]