By tk1495
Ok so I got all the screws and snaps, ordered and received an actual head strap. Printed everything and now I am at the actual shell.

What orientation has everyone used for these? I let Cura put in the supports and did it face down the first time and the supports messed up the front of it when I removed them. second print, I printed with the bottom on top (default setting in Cura) and the supports in the middle of the shell where horrendous. Thinking of printing one more time with the back curves facing down and seeing how that turns out but before I spend another 1 1/2 days printing, I wanted to see what everyone else that has printed them did.

Thanks in advance

~Rob
By tk1495
Ok gonna try one more time, hopefully this one turns out better

2 day 13 hour print job

By tk1495
My ABS printed bottom lens layers did not stick so it pulled apart, gonna reprint in PLA+

These parts have been sanded, primed, resanded, glazed, resanded, wetsanded and are ready for paint

one more patch of bondo on this one then sand and prime then wetsand again and should be ready for paint

By tk1495
So after 2 weeks of cleanup and printing another whole set and starting one more....... I went to a local con and seen some of the local people in the area and made me want to come home and finally lay down some real paint! 2 questions for anyone

1) weathering? yes or no?

2) how did everyone that has done these attach the snaps? My normal tool is not going to reach the snaps on the sides or the top one.

By cristovalc
Looking good! For the snaps I just drilled the holes a tiny bit larger, and pushed the nubs through. I'm not sure if there's a way to attach them in the proper functional manner, but I'm still waiting on the actual face cushion to ship and then I'll see how to attach it (I'm thinking glue, haha). I also chose not to weather them at this time, but might hit 'em with a burnt sienna and black oil paint at some point in the future when I work up the courage to start scuffing up my proton pack as well...

robandliv liked this
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]