By lrdsatyr8
I'm not sure what this is called but would love if anyone had any detailed information/pics of it. Image
By Kingpin
Unfortunately there's still a number of components from Ecto-1, like the other props in the films, which haven't yet been identified. Probably the main reason this piece hasn't yet been ID'd is because it seems to be missing its casing.

There's only been a couple of times fans have had the opportunity to get access to the inside of Ecto-1 to photograph it, so those efforts have more broadly documented the car... At the expense of not recording some of the smaller details, like part serial numbers.

This is one of the other best reference images of the item in question:

By lrdsatyr8
Kingpin wrote: March 30th, 2021, 3:45 pm Unfortunately there's still a number of components from Ecto-1, like the other props in the films, which haven't yet been identified. Probably the main reason this piece hasn't yet been ID'd is because it seems to be missing its casing.

There's only been a couple of times fans have had the opportunity to get access to the inside of Ecto-1 to photograph it, so those efforts have more broadly documented the car... At the expense of not recording some of the smaller details, like part serial numbers.
Thanks for that... do you know if this part made it into the new restoration or did they go for a more 1A interior and leave it out?
By Kingpin
The photo I posted is from the car after it was restored, so it's still in there. With the exception of a new sound system, TV screen, and I think new flooring in the rear half of the car, most of the electronic prop dressing from 1984 is still in place.
By 69428scj
You're welcome! Funny you pull that listing, I tried to purchase that exact one from the US site, but seller removed the listing after rejected my two very reasonable bids.
By lrdsatyr8
Kingpin wrote: April 1st, 2021, 3:43 am
69428scj wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:09 pm That my friends is an R-125 receiver with its cover removed.
Cheers for the insight!

And here's a page with some great comparison photographs:

Link
Thank you very much... it's been driving me nuts trying to figure out what it is! Thank you for that!
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]