By stanztheman
Hey, we have the same car, what year is that?
By whoyagonnacall11
stanztheman wrote: Hey, we have the same car, what year is that?

2004, yours?
By stanztheman
Same here. Thats kool. Mine's "Arrest me" Red, I've been planning to use it as my Ecto for my fan film because we no longer have the Ford Explorer we were using before.
By Ecto96
Dude.. It's a honda... >.>; no offense but.. Yeah.. don't wanna be a prick so nvm.. but.. it's a honda.. c'mon.. There's no such thing as a rice-burning ecto.. No ecto and the furious.. Ecto's should sound at least a little tough not like a weedeater on crack..
By stanztheman
You wanna loan me a couple thousand to get a new car?

No?

Well then I guess I gotta use what I got.
By whoyagonnacall11
Ecto96 wrote: Dude.. It's a honda... >.>; no offense but.. Yeah.. don't wanna be a prick so nvm.. but.. it's a honda.. c'mon.. There's no such thing as a rice-burning ecto.. No ecto and the furious.. Ecto's should sound at least a little tough not like a weedeater on crack..

I figured this much i wasn't going to get the real car, so trying to make an imposter one from a station wagon would look like shit. So I took a modern approach and used my car. And now it looks like there is an Ecto Honda, deal with it :D
keoni02 wrote: i like it. wher in illinois are you from?

Chicago Southside
By ecto_skywalker
Ecto96 wrote: ...Ecto's should sound at least a little tough...

Oh, you mean like a 6 cylinder Mustang. :lol:

Just playin' :wink:
By stanztheman
Yeah, dont knock Hondas, they're good cars. Not only Fast and the Furious lovers have them.
By Ecto96
To each their own. And the quick 6 in my ecto does sound tough and deep. I kinda wish I had my old buick, it was an 89 park avenue, and would've made a decent ecto with a new paintjob, on top of that, if you stood at the trunk while it was idling, it sounded like a v-8 and not a 6. As a matter of fact, it sounded manlier than a 91 caddilac a friend of mine had that did have an 8. I nearly wet myself laughing at him when he reved it compared to mine.

I'll loan you a couple grand in monopoly money :lol: but the interest and rent will kill you :x

I guess you gotta do what you gotta work with. Really I wanted a white caprice wagon I saw, but not being able to afford it, I just went with the stang. I can sympathize, I just got a nut against honda's because my ex had one and she was well.. a psycho-controlling-bitch who kept saying her honda was so much better than my mustang. Pssh, as if. 'Sides, it's not just the car, it's the driver, right? Anyways, with a little work I bet it'd look pretty cool. The EctoStang is a pain in the ass because we're having trouble figuring how to get the packs to fit in it.. I have a couple ideas, but not sure.

Ok on a lighter note, I just got approved for new Illinois license plates :D ECTO 96 !!!! wootz!!!
By stanztheman
Exactly my thinking, glad you understand.

If I had the chance, I'd GLADLY have a different Ecto, but my Honda IS a good car.

Good to hear ya got the license plate.
By AJ Quick
Ecto96 wrote: Dude.. It's a honda... >.>; no offense but.. Yeah.. don't wanna be a prick so nvm.. but.. it's a honda.. c'mon.. There's no such thing as a rice-burning ecto.. No ecto and the furious.. Ecto's should sound at least a little tough not like a weedeater on crack..

Don't be an idiot.
By Ecto96
Yeah, I'm going car shopping friday for either a different car for a daily driver, or maybe something a little bigger for an ecto. I know everybody's money is tight. Prices go up and paychecks go down. What really matters is that you're happy with your ectomobile. I bet your honda could kick the ectostang's ass gas mileage wise, hell since mine's only a quick 6 you could probably keep up with it easily too. The older hondas weren't so great, but the newer ones are pretty cool. Anyways, good luck with it man, show us some good pics when you get more done :D

AJ if I'm such an idiot, where's your ecto? You just don't like me because I'm an active poster and like J. Moore's stuff cuz his proton packs are good. With you, ya think you're so cool for making this site, but where's your ghostbuster to ghostbuster relationship, just doesn't look like it's there to me, y'know, where every ghostbuster treats his fellow ghostbusters right. The hell's your problem with me anyways? And don't say I started it, cuz you did pal.
By 1965Ambulance
Ecto96 wrote: AJ if I'm such an idiot, where's your ecto? You just don't like me because I'm an active poster and like J. Moore's stuff cuz his proton packs are good. With you, ya think you're so cool for making this site, but where's your ghostbuster to ghostbuster relationship, just doesn't look like it's there to me, y'know, where every ghostbuster treats his fellow ghostbusters right. The hell's your problem with me anyways? And don't say I started it, cuz you did pal.

I think making fun of a Honda Ecto when you rant and rave about your Mustang Ecto is what makes you seem a little stupid, buddy. That's probably the sole reason, also, why you shouldn't make fun of people for not having an Ecto.. I mean.. come on. Everybody and their mom has a Mustang.
By Ecto96
I know a ton of people have mustangs, that's why I'm making mine something unique. Eirgo, an EctoStang. A der.
By Dr. Egon Spengler
1959 Cadillac ambulances came with a 390 cubic inch V8 under the hood with an output of 325 horsepower @ 4800 RPM and 435 ft-lbs. of torque at 3400 RPM. Entry-level 1996 Mustangs came with a 231 cubic inch V6 engine and, depending on the transmission, had between 145 and 193 horsepower and between 215-225 ft-lbs. of torque. This, too, is an interesting comparison.
By Ecto96
Well I suppose so. The old transmission did make the car move faster. I could've gotten a GT for 500 bucks cheaper than this one. I chose the V-6 model because I knew gas prices would suck last summer. I bought it last march a week before I turned 20. I could've gotten the GT at the same time, but didn't, and glad I did because I saved myself tons in gasoline prices. It doesn't take much horsepower to make a small car move quickly. My ecto, (On a good day mind you, it has it's ups and downs, it is 10 years old) Can go 0-60 in an honest 6 or 7 seconds, which isn't that bad really for ten years and 160 thousand miles. Doesn't sound too bad either. Not only that, it isn't entry-level anymore. The engine was bored out so is probably closer to a 3.9 or more, and with it's larger size and performance wires and plugs I put in it, it's probably sporting around 220+ horses.
By ecto_skywalker
Dr. Egon Spengler wrote: 1959 Cadillac ambulances came with a 390 cubic inch V8 under the hood with an output of 325 horsepower @ 4800 RPM and 435 ft-lbs. of torque at 3400 RPM. Entry-level 1996 Mustangs came with a 231 cubic inch V6 engine and, depending on the transmission, had between 145 and 193 horsepower and between 215-225 ft-lbs. of torque. This, too, is an interesting comparison.

Not to sound like an asshole, because that is not my intention, but have you ever heard of a comparison called "power to weight ratio"?

EDIT: Oh, and the V6 puts out the same amount of horse power regardless of the transmission. All the transmission effects is how much horse power makes it to the rear wheels.

My Mustang has 350 horse power and I don't care how many foot pounds of torque and it weighs a little under 3,000 pounds. I wonder how it would do against a '59 Cadillac ambulance? :lol:

1965ambulance, My mom doesn't have a Mustang either! :lol:

All in good fun... All in good fun. :wink:
By Ecto96
Man's got a point. My mustang weighs about 3k pounds with me sitting in it, and it can move damn fast. Hell I had a nissan sentra for a while there (rented while ecto was in the shop getting a new alternator) and it was zippy for a 4 cyl, but was a small light little car.
By Dr. Egon Spengler
ecto_skywalker wrote: My Mustang has 350 horse power and I don't care how many foot pounds of torque and it weighs a little under 3,000 pounds. I wonder how it would do against a '59 Cadillac ambulance? :lol:

Are you trying to assert that your car is somehow cooler than Ecto-1?
By ecto_skywalker
Dr. Egon Spengler wrote: Are you trying to assert that your car is somehow cooler than Ecto-1?

Not by any means, just faster :lol: Seriously though, my point was you can't compare apples to oranges. Just like you can't compare a vintage ambulance with a vintage sports car. They were made to serve two different purposes.

Did I specifically mention anywhere in my previous post ECTO-1? I think I said '59 Cadillac ambulance. :roll:
By Ecto96
Yeah, I think a mustang is like 1/4 the size of a 59 ambulance. But has twice the fuel economy, all ten mpg of it :lol:
By hmmurdock_00
Cool idea with the Honda Ecto, but not my cup of tea (thats all i am going to say, i see no need for rude comments on someones by what they can afford).

You have a point the 59 Caddy's having the power and torque, but there is the weight thing, aerodynamics, and the rest of the drivetrain. 59 Caddy probably had a 3 speed auto that probaby not geared as good as cars today, not to mention the rearend probably. So natrually the hearse/ambulance would be slower.

There is a Honda Ecto in the pictures part of this site under Ectomobiles. An older model civic.
By Ecto96
Yeah, besides, no caddilacs were made to be fast from the factory. Caddilac always went for smooth ride and style, especially in a hearse or ambulance so that whomever might be in the back, would ride undisturbed. I apologize for what I said, having to agree. A honda civic isn't for me, but if it works in your budget, more power to you bro.
By AJ Quick
Ecto96 wrote: AJ if I'm such an idiot, where's your ecto? The hell's your problem with me anyways? And don't say I started it, cuz you did pal.

Did I call you an idiot?

I don't have an Ecto, I have a car and live in the real world.

I'm not going to bench race. But I am going to point out your mistakes. I have been working on engines for years, and have a few websites related to the auto industry.. including a performance part supply company.
Ecto96 wrote: The engine was bored out so is probably closer to a 3.9 or more, and with it's larger size and performance wires and plugs I put in it, it's probably sporting around 220+ horses.

Your car came stock with 150 horsepower.. 150 FLYWHEEL HORSEPOWER. Guess what its putting down at the wheels... 125-135. Boreing out your engine will not yeild a signifigant gain maybe 10-20 horsepower, and I'm being generous. Plugs and wires gain.. get this.. ZERO horsepower.
Ecto96 wrote: My mustang weighs about 3k pounds with me sitting in it, and it can move damn fast.

Do you weigh -300 pounds? "Damn fast" is a point of view, compared to a snail.. it is damn fast. Compared to a Honda Civic it is slightly faster.. if not neck and neck. Compared to any 14 second car or faster, it is Damn slow.

Maybe you should learn a thing or two.. no I'm serious. Open a book, actually learn about cars, and leave your predjudice at the door.

I do not own a Civic. I do enjoy meeting their owners and talking to them, and see what they enjoy, and if they like their car. I am not about to start making fun of someone because they own a completely stock car. If they enjoy it, and have respect for others they are a star in my book no matter what they have.

Your car is no better than any other car on the road, whether or not it has 2, 4 or 6 cylinders, and whether or not you spent $5,000 or $500,000 dollars. Your mentality towards others is inapprehensible.. and that is why.

For the record. I drive a Dodge Neon R/T, which faces predjudice the same way Civics and other 4 cylinder cars receive from V6 and V8 owners. My car, like yours started its life with 150 flywheel horsepower. Its kinda sad that you needed an extra 2 cylinders and 1.6 Liters (pratically a whole engine itself) to match 4 cylinders.

For the record, ANY 95-99 Manual Transmissioned DOHC 2.0L (yes HALF of the displacement your car claims to have) Dodge Neon, will beat a 1994-1999 V6 (and quite possibly later year V6's) with a competitant driver. But again I do not like to bench race. If you want to see for yourself, bring your car to your local track. Or perhaps meet me at Rockfalls Raceway in Wisconsin on the 9th of July and we'll see how well you do.

There is only one replacement for $$$, Horsepower, and #of Cylinders, and that is respect. Since you gave this gentlemen none, I forward none for you.

Its a great effort, and start so far. I'm sure with some more work you can customize your car into something you enjoy, that I'm sure others will respect as well. Its better than say... a car with photoshopped light bars.. etc.

Anyone having a problem with this post, or wishing to dicuss this further can send me a Private Message.
By AJ Quick
ecto_skywalker wrote: My Mustang has 350 horse power and I don't care how many foot pounds of torque and it weighs a little under 3,000 pounds. I wonder how it would do against a '59 Cadillac ambulance? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

You would win. Those cars weighed something like 8000 pounds+ Power to weight ratio.. FTW.
By Ecto96
Uh huh.. I know alot more than you think AJ, but other than that, I'm keeping my comments to myself.
By hmmurdock_00
AJ considering you are a admin., i think you should have set a better example by not posting off topic. Not trying to be insulting, but thats my point of veiw.

I mean after all this is a post about someones Ecto, not the matter of hondas and neons being good cars.

Which let me say Physics and other mathematics can prove more displacment in a motor equals more power(horsepower and torque), and considering most 6 and 8s are larger than it satand to reason. This is taking into account Natrual power, no turbos or superchargers or nitrous.

Oh well thats for some totally else.

Anyways Good luck with the Ecto-X. I guess i may make an Ecto-5A:1 which be my white, 2004 yukon, all temporary. Good luck with yours man.
By Real LI Ghostbusters
AJ Quick Said,

"I don't have an Ecto, I have a car and live in the real world."

Dude thats not cool that you said that. I have an Ecto. Does that mean I don't live in the "Real World".I work, go to school full time ,Pay my own bills and live in an apartment. It doesn't get any more real then that! Yet still manage to have fun doing the GB thing. I am not trying to insult you or start any problems. We are all GB fans here and having fun with it.
I am not taking sides with Ecto 96 I just felt isulted with your comment.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]