By Letmebleed75
wow after media blasting the car acutally looks very good! how much rust have you found? cause in the pics dosent look like there was as much as i thought in the beggining
By 69428scj
The door tops all have rust on them, they're gonna need some massaging. One of the tail fin chrome spears has a hole in it, I'm trying to figure out how to tackle that one. Other than the typical rocker and floor panel rust, it's solid.
By 69428scj
Alright guys, here's a more condensed, consolidated build thread for my car. Alright, here we go:

The car

The parts:

The parts I have but don't have pics of:
Gentec 525 dummyload antenna
Regency ACT-R20/6 scanner
both lightbars
the 4 decklights
the 2 Grimes bumper strobes
an actual HR-DF (not an HR-CFA)
the radome
radar dish
roof rack tubing (still needs to be welded together)
sniffer tower metal (yes, it will be metal)
the heat sinks for the front of the roof rack
both whip antennae with bases
right hand mirror
PRC-41 radio with H-33 handset
Tektronix Oscilloscope
Unity S-6 spotlight
C5GB siren
the 5-pane panoramic rear view mirror
Blue hose clamps

I think that's everything, I'm probably missing something though. I'll be posting a much more detailed build thread here so when I'm done I'll pull a Bryan and be like "Ect-OHIO bitchez!" You'll get to see the whole process of me pulling the body off the frame and cleaning and painting it along with the engine install and wiring of everything to include all the lights. I promise you won't be disappointed!
By 69428scj
I do have them. I also forgot to mention that I've started collecting 1A parts too, I just bought the sonobuoy. It's the black tube on the diver's side in case anyone was wondering.
By 69428scj
Alright guys, it's time to get excited about this project...I have just under 90 days to get this car ready for a special appearance with Ernie Hudson, William Atherton and Slaviitza Jovan! Expect major updates soon!!!
By 69428scj
Alright, no sense in reposting the picture here, but what I said in my other thread is more of a misdirect. The car was getting picked up this morning for the body shop, not getting dropped off from the body shop. The next three weeks are going to be fast and furious and if all goes well will be ready for Ernie, William Atherton and Slavitza Jovan November 11th!
By gb4ever
You can do it! :cool:

I was wondering about that post in the ectomobiles section... I'm rooting for you to get it done before the HorrorHound Weekend. ;)
By Boomerjinks
I rubbed my balls on this thread last night.

Feels good man.
By Boomerjinks
Paint it blue!

First replica of a Johnny Lightning Ecto!

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]