By 69428scj
I figured I'd post this here since I just did it on theecto1.com...my two BRAND NEW (to me at least) 59s!!!

Yes, they are Superior Crown Royales, not MMs (kinda bummed but still pumped that they're 59s)
The parts I already have:

Model 18
C5
2 Code 3 XL 9000s
HRCFA
S6 (without bulge and mirror)
Par 46 housings

There's a guy who lives by me that has a "complete" replica roof rack (made from fiberglass) that he says he has. I have yet to see a pic of it or in person, but I've been told he's a professional prop builder so we'll see. The restorations will be long and arduous task, but if it's true that GBIII is on the horizons, then my goal is to have at least one complete by the film's opening night. So, what does everyone think? Also, sorry for such a huge pic. I wanted to make sure everyone gets good detail of their condition.

*UPDATE 7/31* The coach on the right is for sale, $4500 obo. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!
Last edited by 69428scj on April 6th, 2013, 3:05 pm, edited 28 times in total.
By Boomerjinks
69428scj wrote: The restorations will be long and arduous task, but if it's true that GBIII is on the horizons, then my goal is to have at least one complete by the film's opening night.
You've got all the time in the world, then!

Great cars.
By 69428scj
Yes, one is a parts car, but since they're both pretty much in the same condition, I'd only be using a couple of parts from one of them for the other. I might consider selling the parts car, but I might hold on to it since the Crown Royale is such a rare and sought after 59. However, money talks...

Boomerjinks, I know I have a lot of time on my hands but when I'm so close after 25 years of waiting, the next year and a half or two years might feel like it's been just as long.
By zeta otaku
Screw the parts car! Make one an Ecto-1 and the other an Ecto-1A!

Kidding, of course... well, half kidding. Amazing purchases man. Good luck and keep us posted... or we'll form an angry mob.
By zeta otaku
heh, wow... if you do both, that would be epic! but... bank breaking. Can't wait for this sucker (these suckers) to be worked on! keep us posted!
By 69428scj
No doubt the restorations will cost a pretty penny, but I don't think it will be much of a problem. Having friends and family members that are metal workers and welders will make this a little less expensive...I think if I do the 1A though, that'll be a longer term project.
By 69428scj
Well, they were a package deal...I just happen to know people who know where some 59s are located. As for paying, the deal is not final so I won't say anything regarding that until it is complete.
By Kingpin
I think that whichever one is the conversion car, it'll be a real treat. Externally they're similar to Sean Bishop's old Superior, and that conversion was a real beauty.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this Ecto project develop. :-)
By 69428scj
Sean and my Ecto's are slightly different. His is was landau top, where is mine are both crowns. The difference being (besides the crown obviously) is that the C-pillar is canted forward. I definitely think I'm going to use both of them as a 1 and a 1A. The only problem is there isn't an ecto1a.com to go to find everything for that gaudy roofrack...
By 69428scj
Not to be dickish or anything, but compared to gb4ever's MM, both of mine are in much better shape...besides, rough is only a matter of opinion. I will say though that your 59 is in slightly better condition than mine.
By gb4ever
:whatever: Yeah, mine is extremely rough. However mine is a Miller Meteor Futura, the exact model as Ecto-1 so I feel it's worth the extra rust.
By zacharybroyles
Yeah it is going to cost a pretty penny to restore these things, my dad and I have got 1 and half complete bumper sets, with most of them either rechromed or in really good shape and lets just say that it's really pricey!

The hard part isnt finding the parts that are standard on other 59s (which are rare as it is) its the little parts that were only on a MM (or whatever other company car you may have) The extra chrome pieces, even the tail lights are slightly taller I believe. gb4ever, It's a great find! Just stick with it.

We found a 60s one and thought about installing the chrome and windows in the back into mine to make it LOOK like the right model but decided against it.

We've got both bumpers (chromed or in good shape), and a lot of the little chrome bits and misc parts.

We're finishing up the body work on the rear quarters, then mounting the new rear end with the re-built springs (that cost a ton to do!) and then we're cleaning the firewall up for painting and dropping the 70's caddy 502 engine in mine. It's going to look nice once the engine is mounted (cleaned and painted black with red covers and breather and aluminum headers) with a white firewall and all the rest of the engine compartment a nice matte black. I can't wait. Soon as we get it off the jacks then we can move it around and get the other little bits of body work going.

We've got to patch holes, treat for rust, fix the floorboard, fix holes in the doors, patch the front fenders, and fabricate some intricate body work by the tail lights (the lower fin things) soon as that's done then we'll be getting mine ready for paint ( a lot of sanding on my roof, its got some textured paint...pain) I cant wait to drive it all black and primered!
By zeta otaku
Wait... you have three....

-shoots his parents-

Ok, look, I'm an orphan now... ADOPT ME!!!!

and... can I have the keys to the car? ^_^
By 69428scj
zacharybroyles wrote:haha wow to those look familiar! Great find man! Do you have the back curved glass?
I'm missing the passenger side curved glass, everything else is there. And out of curiosity zach, what makes them look so familiar?
By river_of_slime
Have fun working on all 3 cars.. I hope you have A LOT of money.. Hell the Crown Royal you have is worth a couple digitis if you restored it to top condition.

Crown Royal are little more deserable then the famous MM's
By 69428scj
I don't plan on working on all three at once. I'll work on the Miller first, then one of the crown's as my 1A and then probably one of a couple of options for the third. Either sell it as is, restore it for my own personal use or restore it and sell it. I'm pretty excited though!
By river_of_slime
69428scj wrote:I don't plan on working on all three at once. I'll work on the Miller first, then one of the crown's as my 1A and then probably one of a couple of options for the third. Either sell it as is, restore it for my own personal use or restore it and sell it. I'm pretty excited though!
As my girlfriend says, restore the crown royal and use the money to make an Ecto-1 or 1a. I seen those go for a pretty good price tag the last few yrs.
By zacharybroyles
69428scj wrote:
zacharybroyles wrote:haha wow to those look familiar! Great find man! Do you have the back curved glass?
I'm missing the passenger side curved glass, everything else is there. And out of curiosity zach, what makes them look so familiar?

That's my 59, the front end off and the whole thing on stands looks very familiar! ha
By zacharybroyles
Yeah, I wish I had been lucky enough to score and actually MM Ambulance.

Oh well it'll be great regardless. I think we'll have it all running and body work by this fall, my summer project is this bad boy since I'm not taking classes.

I can't wait to drive my 59 to campus and see all the 20 somethings freaking out at a Ecto
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]