By Real LI Ghostbusters
Hi every one. I am going to collage this fall and most of my crew moved all accross the country.Also I need some cash. So I am selling my Ecto. Alot of work went into it! The lights work and the speaker works. Its very clean. So if you are interested PM me or You can E-Mail me at LIGhostbusters@yahoo.com with any questions you might have.Thanks.

By gbmatt
man sorry to hear your having to sell it...i just got a car and the most ill get to do to it is a license plate with ecto-1 on it and a decal for the back...but i gotta get all the hail dents fixed first....good luck with the sell man
By PimpMyEctomobile
Hey, this looks pretty cool, I think.
If I had the money to buy a car, had a Driver?s License and would be allowed to drive a car with blue-lights on the roof (in Germany you are not allowed to do that) , your car would be mine!

However I would like to hear the sound of the siren and see the lights in action - is it possible to see a video of your Ecto anywhere ?

I hope the next owner will treat it right!

Good luck!
By dr.raystanz
How much are you asking for it?
By secrecyguy
Try sell it on Ebay. It may not be movie accurate but I am sure people will pay good money for it.
By ice11red
I saw something just like thuis for sale on ebay not too long ago, maybe a year and a half. Sold for $1500 because it had a bad starter. It would have been mine if I had the money at the time.
Last edited by ice11red on August 3rd, 2006, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Real LI Ghostbusters
Like I said alot of work went into it so I was asking for $4,000 for it. It is Neg. I don't want to sound like a jerk for asking that much. Well if any thing tell me what else you think I should do.

I will look into the ebay thing. I have never attempted to sell anything on ebay before. Well... what do I got to loose.

Anyway thanks for any info you might have.
By BSjohnson
Just a tip, you said you've never tried to sell anything on eBay before. I don't know if that means you've never bought anything. But if you have zero or low feedback as a seller, people are going to be cautious, and you miiight not get as good of a response as you'd like. Not to sound negative, but I'm just giving you a headsup.

Who knows though? It's a great looking Ecto, the best station wagon convert I've seen. There might very well be some Ghostheads on eBay interested. Especially if you post the auction on the board (not sure what this board's policy on eBay is, but I know Proptopia and ASAP lets you, though.)

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Cheers,
Patrick
By Real LI Ghostbusters
BSjohnson wrote: Just a tip, you said you've never tried to sell anything on eBay before. I don't know if that means you've never bought anything. But if you have zero or low feedback as a seller, people are going to be cautious, and you miiight not get as good of a response as you'd like. Not to sound negative, but I'm just giving you a headsup.

Who knows though? It's a great looking Ecto, the best station wagon convert I've seen. There might very well be some Ghostheads on eBay interested. Especially if you post the auction on the board (not sure what this board's policy on eBay is, but I know Proptopia and ASAP lets you, though.)

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Cheers,
Patrick

Thanks for the heads up! I did buy stuff on ebay. I just did not know about that zero feedback thing.

I appreciate the compliment.Now your making this harder for me.lol
By jdawg
If I had the money to spare , I would be interested in it , but unfourtunately I have none.

and I wouldn't say your asking price is crazy , I've seen cars like that go for 3 grand , and with the lights and the work , I would say 4 grand is a fair price
By malcolmhoaz
oh you just had to put this up for sale as sson as I bought a PT Cruiser to convert into my very own ecto.....oh such is life.::Back to your car:: That is one great lookin car. It's a shame you have to give it up. I know that you have thought about it, but I say keep the car and take it to college.....you can charge....wait nvm, copyright infrigment lol. But seriously. I know I have sold things I put a lot of work into cause I needed the money, but I have regretted it later. I;m not saying keep it, but really consider what you want to do with it. me personally, I would kick my self in the ass later if I sold this car, just cause it's a big part of your life with your friends
By Real LI Ghostbusters
malcolmhoaz wrote: oh you just had to put this up for sale as sson as I bought a PT Cruiser to convert into my very own ecto.....oh such is life.::Back to your car:: That is one great lookin car. It's a shame you have to give it up. I know that you have thought about it, but I say keep the car and take it to college.....you can charge....wait nvm, copyright infrigment lol. But seriously. I know I have sold things I put a lot of work into cause I needed the money, but I have regretted it later. I;m not saying keep it, but really consider what you want to do with it. me personally, I would kick my self in the ass later if I sold this car, just cause it's a big part of your life with your friends

That was very touchy. I admit I got a little misty eyed on that last sentence. Thank you very much for the advice! I am going to just day by day it and see what happens.
By Real LI Ghostbusters
jdawg wrote: If I had the money to spare , I would be interested in it , but unfourtunately I have none.

and I wouldn't say your asking price is crazy , I've seen cars like that go for 3 grand , and with the lights and the work , I would say 4 grand is a fair price

Thanks! We shall see what happens.
By Ecto96
CRAP!! I so wish I had 4 grand! I just wish I could afford it.. That Ecto would be a welcome addition to the GBJS, and if I had any way to buy her, I'd assure you it would get the utmost care for several reasons; I know lots about fords, I'm a ford person, I have lots of exp taking care of aging vehicles, and I'd keep her clean and upkept and in a garage (Yes I'd toss the ecto96 outside :lol: due to all her damn engine problems)
By matt1466
Did the car sell?
By Real LI Ghostbusters
malcolmhoaz wrote: I would kick my self in the ass later if I sold this car, just cause it's a big part of your life with your friends

I can't bring myself to sell. it I agree with malcolmhoaz. I turned the lights on for a customer to show him how it works and everything and when I saw those beautiful lights flashing in my eyes and the no ghost logo looking up at me I just knew I could not do it. Its like trying to give away a puppie. lol
By ecto_skywalker
I think you're making the right choice. :wink:
By Radar
Real LI Ghostbusters wrote: I am going to collage this fall and most of my crew moved all accross the country.

Does this mean the fan film is off?
By Real LI Ghostbusters
Radar wrote:
Real LI Ghostbusters wrote:I am going to collage this fall and most of my crew moved all accross the country.

Does this mean the fan film is off?

Unfortunately yes...For now anyway. Its very difficult to produce a film as I am sure you know. Well that is unless your willing to pay every one.lol. Well we shall see what happens in the near future. I might not be able to produce a whole film however during school breaks I might do little sketches on the side. If you want you could check out our web site and look under media I put together a little montage that I might have used in the movie. I had it posted on the boards here. Thank you for your interest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmACeArzLS8

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]