By RicoRedstar
So I just got a white 2005 Nissan Xterra that I want to convert into an Ecto. It has a nice roof rack on it to start with, but I'm not sure how to proceed. From start to finish on the roof, I'm completely stumped. Can I get some help?
By bspace
Here's a link to another xtera thread on the forum I'm not sure how to link it

http://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33889

I would suggest getting a roof cargo basket simmilar to this

You can put attach all the goodies to it and have it removable if needed. Attach the hoses to the basket and have them magnet to to the side of the truck
You don't necessarily need full light bars as a strip of tri colour led tape shining through a piec of frosted plexiglass would provide a great effect and can be programmed for different sequences.
Keep it light (check your max cargo capacity)and waterproof and make sure to securely bolt everything (use nylons nuts

Hope this helps have fun
RicoRedstar, SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
^^^ what these guys said. The other Ecto mobile builders had to get their roof racks custom made from a welder because they wanted it to be as accurate to the film as possible (which is normal if you actually have a '59 caddy). To be honest, the general public won't know the different as long as you make it look believable. Be creative. :)

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]