By bishopdonmiguel
Much like our beloved characters, I bought a junker vehicle to convert into an Ectomobile. Except mine didn't have wheels. Or a roof. Also, it floats.

An Ectomobile doesn't have to be an automobile, right?

I acquired this a few years back and have been slowly working on it. Only now getting around to creating this thread as you don't see too many Ghostbuster water vehicles and I thought some might be interested. Being lazy also contributed to my lack of posting.

I thought about the name for a long while and decided ECTO-H2O seemed appropriate. I think Egon would approve.

Here is what I started with. A 25 year old run down OMC Suncruiser pontoon that needed a lot of TLC...

NotSabbat, jpetrutis81, NickFame13 and 2 others liked this
By bishopdonmiguel
Here's the captain's console. None of the gauges work nor does any of the electrical. Because my lake is small and speed is limited, I don't really need these anyway. After the electrical is rewired, I'll be replacing these with switch panels. But first, a new paint job and a new radio.

By bishopdonmiguel
My plan is to overdecorate this craft with things that are "Ghostbuster-like." I recently acquired a Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutter. Using outdoor grade vinyl, I start with designing labels for the captain's console.

NickFame13 liked this
By bishopdonmiguel
The throttle needed a little something. Gotta say I'm impressed with this Silhouette machine. Lots of possibilities with this thing.

For those who might notice, GBMSP is an acronym for "Ghostbuster Maritime Service Protocol." Yes, I made that up.

By bishopdonmiguel
As my confidence with the Silhouette grows, I've been thinking about a logo of some sort. Seems logical that my craft may be just one in a rag-tag fleet. So while this pontoon is the ECTO-H2O, it belongs to a larger group called...

Ghost Guard

I am, of course, a member of the Kansas City chapter.

My dock neighbors are starting to give me funny looks.

Kingpin, NickFame13 liked this
By bishopdonmiguel
Thanks for the encouragement guys. More progress pics coming.
navarre1095 wrote:I'd love to get a couple of those caution labels. I tried to PM you but I can't find that function here as yet.
Keep in mind, these are not “full color” labels. They are “stacked” outdoor permanent adhesive vinyl. Up close you might notice these are “stickers on stickers” if you know what I mean. And not easy to remove. That being said, if you desire some of these, let me know and we can work something out.
By bishopdonmiguel
Time to get something iconic from the movies on the captain’s console. I put some “scientific” and safety stuff on there too. I especially like the laser in use sign. The hazard tape is the reflective variety so it should be visually interesting while piloting ECTO-H2O on Independence Day after dark.

NickFame13 liked this
By bishopdonmiguel
With the captain’s console mostly finished, I move on to dealing with the hull. The green needs to go but scraping it off isn’t practical as the vinyl has turned very brittle exposed to 25 years of sun.

Using 10’ rolls of outdoor grade vinyl, I test how well the red covers the green. Not perfect but it’s good enough.

I also upgrade the dirty white fenders for nice shinny red ones and add a bimini for life saving shade.

By bishopdonmiguel
Boat names are typically only at the stern but I want ECTO-H2O to be more prominent and visible from any side. Using a license plate font, I create the first blue and black sticker for testing. I’m pleased. Now to print 3 more.

Kingpin liked this
By bishopdonmiguel
After spending a few afternoons in the sun, I got all the red vinyl and ECTO-H2O logos placed. I also added some reflective hazard tape and a “Call Us” sticker. This Silhouette machine is really amazing.

At some point in the near future, I hope to replace that fugly green carpet and those awful seats.

By bishopdonmiguel
The hull is decorated but I think it needs a few extras. A friend suggested a 3D emblem (the boat version of a hood ornament) so I 3D printed a thick block to affix the “Ghost Guard” logo to and also some tubes to hold rope so it looks like a mini ship’s lifesaver. PLA will not hold up to the heat of direct sun so I created a mold of the print and cast (4) of these using high heat deflection resin, one for each panel on the front and back. I haven’t worked out precisely how I will mount these but I’ll figure something out.

NickFame13, Kingpin liked this
By bishopdonmiguel
NickFame13 wrote: April 24th, 2019, 6:58 am Very nice touch, there, with the emblem! This has become one of my favorite projects to follow!
Kingpin wrote: April 24th, 2019, 10:25 am Everything you're going is good, I want you to know this. :)
By bishopdonmiguel
Work continues, albeit slowly.

Every boat needs a flag. Wasn't really sure how to accomplish this but the Silhouette Cameo once again proved very useful. Using a flexible iron-on vinyl, I cut a few Ghost Guard logos and ironed on to some flag material. A bit of sewing the edges and adding brass grommets finished up the flag nicely.

For the pole, I found some 1" pine at the local building supply and painted with black Minwax PolyShade. The mounting bracket is for a fishing pole but fits the flag pole perfectly.

Kingpin, NickFame13, NotSabbat and 1 others liked this
By Macktacular
You've done a really spectacular job on this! Thanks for the progress pictures, it's really neat to see how this is coming along. As strange as a pontoon party boat is, it totally makes sense for "canon" since, you know, you've got 4 guys needing to move around and room to put a trap down. You've done an amazing job with all the little touches like the flag and red fenders it's really looking awesome.
That's part of the thing I love about GB - if you put enough work into it anything can be a prop or vehicle, and the odder they are the better they look!
By bishopdonmiguel
Thank you for all the kind words.

Unfortunately, if any of you live in the Midwest you know the Summer weather SUCKED this year. When it wasn’t raining it was miserably hot-n-humid. So I accomplished nothing the entire summer. Argh!

But I have new carpet in hand and I’ll be pulling the boat this week so all the old stuff can be ripped out and tossed. Thus my Summer project has become a Fall project, but as you all know, a Ghostbuster adapts to any situation and prevails!
The_Y33TER liked this
    Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]