By kahuna900
Added another Ecto-1 to the collection. This is Hasbro’s Ghostbusters Plasma Series Ecto-1 version for the new Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie that will hopefully actually be release this year. Currently only available at Target stores. this movie inspired beast is a 1/18th scale collectable of the Ecto-1 featured in the new movie.

Looking through the windows you can see all the inner detail. Three of the four doors open up, one of which allows the release of the all new gunner seat which extends and rotates like the one in the film. The back door also opens to reveal the little trap on wheels (which can be removed) that all the Ghostbuster fans seem to really be excited about.

It’s pretty beat up and rusty, like we’ve seen so far in the trailer. The front seems to be a lot more dirty (not sure how I feel about it) but that may be explained more in the film.

Overall I’m impressed with this Hasbro version with its size, looks, and features, and this Ecto-1 will be a valued addition to my collection.

Kingpin, jpetrutis81 liked this
featofstrength wrote: February 5th, 2021, 8:32 am https://terribletoyman.blogspot.com/20 ... 5aMOQf64AE
Action figures not included...non existent...non compatible.
I really needed another display-only Ecto...

Dude, that's a great review... I have stayed away from figures for the moment, so that was not an issue for me. There are some things I don't like about this version, but for the price and the details I'm very happy with the purchase.

My box from Target was exactly the same (sans water damage), the box was poorly taped and the actual plasma series box was also dented. Funny thing, I was also trying to figure out how to order one after the initial launch sold out, I kept checking the site which said they were available put no add to cart button. I happened to check on day and was able to buy.

While I was waiting for my Ecto-1 to arrive in the mail, I actually made it down to the city (mountain life) and was surprised to see three sitting on the shelves at target. The boxes were beaten and bent pretty bad and I remember thinking how thankful I was that I ordered mine online and didn't have to buy one of these damaged boxes. :)
featofstrength liked this
The antennae slot on the roof rack has not been hollowed out meaning I can't push the antennae into it... should be an easyish fix but may require taking a knife to it... slightly cautious about the idea. If anyone has advice from their own modding experience then I'd appreciate it.
I used a pin vise to drill out the box with the wires molded into place and added real wiring. One of those should work real well for you. I also tinted the windows on mine, cut off the antenna and replaced them with .8mm music wire. These are real easy to take apart and mod, lots of potential in these.

For those of you who received a "too burnt for their taste" variant like me, 91% Isopropyl alcohol and a little elbow grease cleans up the burnt on overspray. No other damage done to my plastic as I can tell. It will also remove the mud spatter paint detail on it so be careful.

I don't have a image hosting site account or I would share some pics.
roofgoof wrote:I used a pin vise to drill out the box with the wires molded into place and added real wiring. One of those should work real well for you. I also tinted the windows on mine, cut off the antenna and replaced them with .8mm music wire. These are real easy to take apart and mod, lots of potential in these.

For those of you who received a "too burnt for their taste" variant like me, 91% Isopropyl alcohol and a little elbow grease cleans up the burnt on overspray. No other damage done to my plastic as I can tell. It will also remove the mud spatter paint detail on it so be careful.

Thanks! I'd be interested in seeing the result - there are free image hosting sites if you do feel like sharing. :)
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 9th, 2021, 1:51 am
roofgoof wrote:I used a pin vise to drill out the box with the wires molded into place and added real wiring. One of those should work real well for you. I also tinted the windows on mine, cut off the antenna and replaced them with .8mm music wire. These are real easy to take apart and mod, lots of potential in these.

Thanks! I'd be interested in seeing the result - there are free image hosting sites if you do feel like sharing. :)

Alrighty, since you asked so nice... haha

kahuna900, Kingpin liked this
I was just at the Target down the street from my house and they had 3 on the shelf, I decided to take the plunge and pick one up. We’ll see if it’s got that real crispy front end when I get home!

UPDATE - Mine definitly seems to be on the lighter side regarding the front burn.

For what it's worth I had seen the youtube video below where they talk about the burnt vs not as burnt front ends and trying to find out if the code on the box has something to do with it. I saw in the comments that several people had them with the 03221 stamp and none were burnt. The 3 at my Target all had this same code and mine is not heavily burnt so maybe there is something to it or it's all luck of the draw.
https://youtu.be/yg2ocUPQo10
kahuna900 liked this
I’m in Australia. Stamped number in my box is 11421
Mine is very black at front end!!

Has anyone tried taking off the light bars for light mods? If so any ideas of doing so without damaging the light bars?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]