By gbfankcmo
When I was younger there was a business in downtown Kansas City, MO near the KC museum I think it was an auto body/paint shop that had a replica of Ecto 1. I never saw it up close & I don't know if the company or the car still exist. If any of you are from KC or know about the company or the car PLEASE let me know!
governor01 liked this
By cpd507
as a matter of fact... i grew up in KCK (Metropolitan & Strong in Argentine)... my grandfather had a friend who owned a body shop downtown on the mo side, who had sideline in replica vehicles... to avoid copyright issues they had diffrent names (he was charging rent for the vehicles to appear)...

the ecto was called 'ghostblasters'.... it was a also a drag car... they also had a delorean called 'back from the future' and a couple others.

i'll try to find the pictures i have from when i was a kid of me riding in it in a cinco de mayo event....
governor01 liked this
By cpd507
and that whould be it!... thanks again boomer!
By cpd507
I really don't know its been more than ten years since I've seen it... I imagine its probly still around, but I don't think its in the KC area... could be anywhere...

Boomer you have any leads?
By petesapie
I've seen this car a couple of times in the past 10 years or so. Once it was parked behind a dent removal place on n.oak trafficway in gladstone, mo. The car was yellow and had nothing more then the ghostblaster logo. A couple years later i noticed at a place in Claycomo, MO. It was completely junked in and outside. I could tell it was the same car because of the hot rod look and the ghost coming out of the back trunk. pretty sad.

The pics that are posted on this post are ones my family took here in kansas city, MO They were taken on north brooklyn and independence avenue. Summer of 89, my 7 b day.
governor01 liked this
By tomt
the owners of the GhostBlasters car also sold sound systems for cars.

GhostBlaster had many speakers, and 6200 watts of amp power.

trying to find out what happend to the car myself.

on more than one occasion, it wold be in parades,

and places for disabled children.
By Jason Grabb
read this post when searching for the same.
I give you some hints on the builder, he lived in an area of KCMO called Dog Patch, proper name is Blue Summit. Dog Patch is located near 435 just off of Truman road. He was a very strange guy, with several replica movie cars.

As odd looking as him and his wife were, they had a very nice looking daughter that he paraded around like a queen. A friend of mine used to date her, and he took me to their home once.

He used to buy auto parts frequently at JB's Auto Parts on 24 hwy, near the 24 & Chrysler intersection. Don't know it it is still there to not. There is a JB's AP in Lee's Summit but, I am unsure if it is the same family. James and Barbra were the owners of it, Kirk, Lucas and Jennifer (I think that was her name) were their kids. Lucas would be 46ish, with Kirk older, and the sister youngest.

As for the body shop, I think it was called Rocky Top or Rocky Hill, or something like that.

I wish I could be of better help, that was a long time ago...
By Steve-o 1978
Ok guys, time to.get factual about the ghost blaster! It was built in kansas city, mo. Close to the intersection of I-435 and truman rd. by a guy named joe pace who owned pace auto body in 1987. It was a huge stereo car. It had 102 total speakers in it, including 4 kicker 18's as the subs. Everything else in the car besides the signal processors, head unit, those kicker subs and, the pre-amp was all precision power inc. (a.k.a. Ppi) it made appearances at the world of wheels car show every year since was built until it vanished. This car and the replica back to the future 82 DeLorean were the main dispute of a divorce between joe pace and his wife. Thier daughter's name is nikki, by the way. Upon the divorce, the car was sold to a guy named chuck who ownes kc car stereo & alarm on north oak trafficway in gladstone, which is why it was spotted up in northtown. Even though the car was sold to joe's friend chuck before joe's divorce was final, it was awarded in divorce court to joe's ex-wife...... So it disappeared for a while as it was in the middle of being redone by the (now max speed & sound) kc car stereo & alarm staff. The lead installer on the project (who I worked with at n.w. Audio in platte city in 2007) was told to stop in the middle of the job and, the hearse was towed away to hiding. I actually don't know where exactly.it's being stored at the moment but, it WILL be re-restored to louder and faster than before condition. I'm supposed to be in on the install this time around so, hopefully chuck & ken stick to thier word when the time comes. The only.origional equipment from the 1987 installation that will be re-used will be the audio control digital signal processor, and the audio control matrix. Keep an eye and an ear out for it!
By governor01
Here is the update on the Ghostbusters Ecto in Kansas City I am great friends with Joe Pace like it was said before it was called Ghostblasters when Joe first built it. Joe is going threw cancer for the second time we are rebuilding it as Joe got it back last yr. it will not have as many speakers as it did back in the day but it will have a system in it. when Joe lost it in the divorce they destroyed the inside they gutted it everything was gone even the stuff on the roof was gone he got some of the stuff back but not all of it missing are the lightbars, mirrors on the doors everything inside of it speakers, amps, switches you name it gone. With a lot of luck we hope to have it back on the road in KC this spring 2016. we all helped Joe piece it together putting some lights & old roof rack back on it we had it towed to Crypticon Kansas city in 2015 that was just his way of showing it to say hey look KC I got it back.
zeta otaku liked this
By Kingpin
Ghostlover wrote:Does anybody here has his own ectomobile?) :love:
I don't know if the past (and now present) owner is a member of this forum, but fortunately it appears to back in the right hands.

It doesn't seem very fair that the ex-wife got the car.
By danielblake
Joe still has his Ecto-1. These pics were taken during Halloween of 2016. Image This image is a family picture with Joe Pace and his Ecto-1. Image
jackdoud liked this
By RamaSha007
Is this the same Ecto that showed up at Planet Comic Con this year? The giant slimer on the hoods seems to say "Yes it is."
By bishopdonmiguel
Certainly looks like it. Same glow in the dark paint too.

By RamaSha007
That's the one. I had to go by pics posted by the Ghostbusters of the Ozarks page, since of course this is the first planet con I've missed in 4 years so I could save money to try to finish my pack and trap before Halloween.

Anyway looks like it is part of Missouri Movie Cars now. Wonder if it was sold, rented out to, or the group was started by the original owner? Thy have an A-Team van, Blues Mobile, and Deloran among others on their Facebook page.
By dyfea
More badass than the Australian mud-rally ecto!
[/quote]

i know this is extremely old, but does anyone on the forum have any info on this car? like, why is it in the air, i have so many questions. theres no info at all online regarding an australian ecto 1 like this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]