My dad finally got the poster back from the framing shop and hung up. Here's how he has everything displayed in the theater in all its ghostbustery goodness...
mcfly wrote:Love how the color of the walls and trim around the floor match the poster. Perfect!! :cool: Was that on purpose?

Shane
Yea my step mom loves decorating so every room in the house kinda has a theme. That's the theme in the theater red, gold and black. That was another reason why I thought a proton pack would fit so well displayed in my dads theater room.
Just felt into this thread. I'm speechless.

Libtechinit, the packs you've built are juste perfect ( minus a small bit of weathering, but that's just me - don't take this into account ), so a lot of :crunch: bars to you ! I started a pack as well, I'll be coming back to your thread to get some idea ( the N-fiter metal grids was just brillant ). Thanks a lot for the many many pictures as well !

Good luck on your next projects ! ^_^
Davlin wrote:Just felt into this thread. I'm speechless.

Libtechinit, the packs you've built are juste perfect ( minus a small bit of weathering, but that's just me - don't take this into account ), so a lot of :crunch: bars to you ! I started a pack as well, I'll be coming back to your thread to get some idea ( the N-fiter metal grids was just brillant ). Thanks a lot for the many many pictures as well !

Good luck on your next projects ! ^_^
KagaSakai wrote:Wow, nice job on the pack! This thread will be a great point of reference in the future.
Thanks to both of you for the great comments!!! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm or ask away in this thread and I'll try to answer/help you out as best I can.
I've wanted a pack for sooooo long and just getting one for xmas..... man.... that would make every xmas gift i've ever gotten look like a sweater from nanny..... and nanny can't knit all that well!!! lol...

Completely and absolutely amazing job on the packs man! Makes me a bit apprehensive for starting my own pack because I know it'll come out NOTHING compared to what you've made.... :(

But, With referencing your pics and hopefully with all the knowledge that GBFans community has to offer, I hope I can come up with something decent. In the process of researching right now and figuring out where to start. I'd love to get ALL the parts and then just piece it together, kinda like what you did. If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it all cost?! Materials-wise? And any advice with getting started would be MUCH appreciated!!!
BudgieBrain26 wrote:I've wanted a pack for sooooo long and just getting one for xmas..... man.... that would make every xmas gift i've ever gotten look like a sweater from nanny..... and nanny can't knit all that well!!! lol...

Completely and absolutely amazing job on the packs man! Makes me a bit apprehensive for starting my own pack because I know it'll come out NOTHING compared to what you've made.... :(

But, With referencing your pics and hopefully with all the knowledge that GBFans community has to offer, I hope I can come up with something decent. In the process of researching right now and figuring out where to start. I'd love to get ALL the parts and then just piece it together, kinda like what you did. If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it all cost?! Materials-wise? And any advice with getting started would be MUCH appreciated!!!
Well the best advice I can shoot your way would be to take your time, plan everything out and do a ton of research around this awesome site. Probably 90-95% of the answers you need can be found by searching the forums or consulting the reference section. This will help you to make sure you know what your getting into, and know how to get your pack exactly to where you want it. I spent well over a full year just simply researching for my builds. As far as cost wise if you add up everything I needed (all the parts, tools and misc things) I probably spent close to $2000 for each pack I built. Make sure you have the time set aside to do the work as well, I spent 100+ hours labor time for both builds.

Thanks alot also for to comments on the pack I couldn't be happier myself with how they came out. Never expected them to turn out as good as they did lol.

If you have any questions feel free to ask
Great advice Libtech!! Thank you very much, and trust me, the research is well underway, hoping to have my entire GB1 and GB2 uniforms together within the next month or so, and then all focus is on the Pack!!!! And I'll probably be buggin' ya with question after question when I start to get to the knitty gritty!! :) Again, beautiful packs man and thanks for the help!!!
This is so awesome it's scary.

GREAT work, Libtechinit.

VERY tough act to follow. I'm about to start my first pack soon, and after seeing this thread, I'm a mix of scared and charged! Only just got my first powertool a week ago, so I've got a long road ahead, but your builds are totally inspirational. Rock on.
This is a great thread! Great job on your packs.

Yeah,I bumped this thread just for that, but it deserves another look from anyone who missed it. This is the closest thing to a tutorial I've seen. It may be another six months to a year before I can afford to build the pack I want, but I will definitely use this thread as a reference. I may not use quite so many bolts. :sigh:

As part of my research, I have one question in my head that I haven't seen an answer to. How are you guys connecting the splitless loom to the inside of the thrower handle/bottom of pack? I noticed Libtechinit used some plumbing connectors or something on the pack.
kevinj319 wrote: As part of my research, I have one question in my head that I haven't seen an answer to. How are you guys connecting the splitless loom to the inside of the thrower handle/bottom of pack? I noticed Libtechinit used some plumbing connectors or something on the pack.
If you can give me a little bit, once I get a sound kit from Exoray, I'll do a little walk through of how I attach the split less loom to the gun and pack. Its easier to show then to try to explain.

And thanks for the compliments.
1.21 Gigawatts wrote:I've always thought this thread should be stickied. Its a fantastic resource for anyone regardless of their build.
Filandrius wrote:I've been saying it all along! This isn't a build thread, it's a tutorial! My pack would be glued and taped together if it weren't for Libtechinit. :P
Well once I get the sound kit and everything buttoned up in my own pack, I had planned on starting a new thread in the tutorials section that would basically be just a copied and pasted version of the thread and hopefully getting it stickied up in there for everyone. Unless everyone feels it should really be stickied here in the proton pack forum???

Which brings up a good question... I'm going to add a few things to this tutorial when I do the sound kit, like the tube from the gun to the pack itself, and pictures of the inside of my gun showing how I installed the light kit and other things inside the gun. But is there anything else anyone would like me to try to explain further since I will have the pack and gun apart anyways????
Libtechinit wrote:[ But is there anything else anyone would like me to try to explain further since I will have the pack and gun apart anyways????

Ooooh! A Dissection!

Perhaps go over anything you would have done differently now that you've had it for a while? Any tweaks you've had to make?
Libtechinit wrote:
And a finished shot of the motherboard with all the batteries, speaker, amp, breadboard and wiring installed and ran...

This shot is just a finalized inside the shell shot, you can also see the plug system I went with for all the electronics so I can remove the shell and gun completely from the motherboard for service...
Hey there,

How exactly did you attach all of these things to the motherboard and shell? I'm wondering specifically about the circuit boards, but also about the battery packs.

Also, when you did those flashlight cones on the cyclotron lights - did you put a red lighting gel over them? If so, did you glue that to the flashlight cone and then to the shell? I'm just wondering how to attach all of my stuff to the pack now that I've got the outside mostly finished.

Shane
mcfly wrote: Hey there,

How exactly did you attach all of these things to the motherboard and shell? I'm wondering specifically about the circuit boards, but also about the battery packs.

Also, when you did those flashlight cones on the cyclotron lights - did you put a red lighting gel over them? If so, did you glue that to the flashlight cone and then to the shell? I'm just wondering how to attach all of my stuff to the pack now that I've got the outside mostly finished.

Shane
Well with the circuit boards to the shell, what I did was rough up the inside of the shell a bit in the spots where I wanted the circuit boards then I used some of my magic sculpt and epoxied some motherboard standoffs right to the shell. That way I can remove the boards in case anything needed fixing or replacing. As for the battery packs I know it isn't screen accurate but I just riveted those to the motherboard, couldn't come up with any other way that I felt would support the weight of a full batter pack over time.

Now with the flashlight cones I got some colored acrylic lenses from JT94, I cut and shaped them down to fit right inside spots Exo makes in his shells and I magic sculpted them in place. Don't want them to fall out and don't really ever need to remove them. The flashlight cones are just hot glued in place to the shell above the acrylic lenses.

To explain a little better...
The acrylic lenses are magic sculpted to the black part you see inside the holes for the cyclo lights and the flashlight cones are hot glued to the tan part of the shell around the cyclo light indents... does that make sense??
Also got the new n-filters from Flynn finished so I mounted those up as well as sticker'd them up...

Hey Lib, just wondering what the gizmo for your wireloom in to your shell is? I really like the look of it as opposed to having the wireloom run straight inside the pack. Find that your connector (?) looks a lot better.
BudgieBrain26 wrote:Image

Hey Lib, just wondering what the gizmo for your wireloom in to your shell is? I really like the look of it as opposed to having the wireloom run straight inside the pack. Find that your connector (?) looks a lot better.
Its actually a waterproof electrical conduit connection. They normally come as gray plastic, so I bought some black spray paint made specifically for painting plastic stuff from home depot and gave them a paint job.

When I set out making my packs the screen accurate gun hose to pack connection was always one thing that always bothered me. You have this super technologically advanced equipment that accelerates protons and the connection where it moves from the pack to the gun is just a tube going into a hole. I decided to upgrade it in my own build and make it, in my own opinion, a little more practical.
waterproof electrical conduit connection

Can I walk in to Home Depot or Lowes and ask for this? Just wondering if there's a certain type or name i'm looking for, or if I'd have to go to a more "electrical" type store to find it? Because I COMPLETELY agree with you about the wireloom straight in to the shell. I really like the look of yours! Been GREAT reference photos for my pack build and definitely got me out of any situations where I may have went "hmmmmmmmm?".

Thanks for the pics and thread!
BudgieBrain26 wrote:waterproof electrical conduit connection

Can I walk in to Home Depot or Lowes and ask for this? Just wondering if there's a certain type or name i'm looking for, or if I'd have to go to a more "electrical" type store to find it? Because I COMPLETELY agree with you about the wireloom straight in to the shell. I really like the look of yours! Been GREAT reference photos for my pack build and definitely got me out of any situations where I may have went "hmmmmmmmm?".

Thanks for the pics and thread!
Here is a link to show you exactly what I bought same brand and everything http://www.galco.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/ ... 6310B-HALX I even believe that's the same size I used. Now I didn't purchase from that site, I went to a local hardware store and found it. I don't believe home depot carries this kind of plastic fitting, at least I didn't see any at my local home depot. Don't know about Lows or Ace though. I'm sure if you just browse around a few hardware places in your neck of the woods your bound to find them.

I'm glad my thread has been able to help you out a bit.
did u use a MMM Motherboard? If so do you have any pics on how you fitted it to the shell? I just got my MMM motherboard and been fiddling with it trying to figure out the best way to fit it. I know I need to file it down but at the same time I cant figure out the best place to trace it out and file down.
Letmebleed75 wrote:did u use a MMM Motherboard? If so do you have any pics on how you fitted it to the shell? I just got my MMM motherboard and been fiddling with it trying to figure out the best way to fit it. I know I need to file it down but at the same time I cant figure out the best place to trace it out and file down.
No I didn't use a MMM motherboard. Lucky for me I work at a place that has a huge bin of scrap aluminum behind the shop. So I just pulled out a couple pieces big enough, laid the shells I had on them and traced them out, then cut them out with a jig saw, filed and sanded the edges smooth and ended up with 2 motherboards that fit both my shells exactly.
thx for the quick response. Man this is gonna be fun trying to do the motherboard haha

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]