luke warmwater wrote:
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:As stated in the first post, there will be no measurements or plans given out. Sorry.
Just curious... why not?
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:On a side note.. after DragonCon, we plan on doing casts of different parts of the pack (possible even gun kits)..
shodanmark wrote:
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:On a side note.. after DragonCon, we plan on doing casts of different parts of the pack (possible even gun kits)..
I love when people share information for the good of the community and not personal profit...

oh.
Nevermind
protokev wrote:
shodanmark wrote:

I love when people share information for the good of the community and not personal profit...

oh.
Nevermind
That's a low blow. Considering they are putting up alot of pictures of their progress and are even telling the folks here where they are getting some of their parts I would definatly say they are sharing information for the good of the community. These people spent alot of time and effort to come up with these packs and it is their choice if they want to share the exact dimensions or not.

I think it is great if castings are offered later since the MDF looks heavy and if they are resonably priced the buyers will should save alot of time and money compared to trying to make this out of MDF again. Keep up the good work guys! It will be cool to see another non-movie pack at D*Con!
protokev wrote:I love when people share information for the good of the community and not personal profit...

oh.
Nevermind

You're entirely right these guys should be doing all of this hard work for every body, and giving away everything they learn or make for free. Yeah totally, you f****g prick.

We should be very happy with how freely most information is shared within our community, but we should not suddenly come to expect it in all facets of the community, nor should we attack respected members when they choose to keep THEIR research close to the chest.

You would be ever so butt hurt if you found out just how much info isn't public, and maybe you should appreciate the hard work being done here, and the mastery of craft being exampled.

These packs look amazing Sandra/Scott, I cannot wait to see them in person at Surge, and maybe I could convince you to let me try one on! Keep up the amazing work!
Dark Jedi & Dan.. thank you for your kind words and understanding. Alot of time for research, studying, tweaking, designing, & 3D modeling (over 2 months worth) was put into these so that they look the way they do. All I had to go by was about 4 different sketches found in the RGB box set... no dimensions or anything. I'm still tweaking stuff each time I make a new part.

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive throughout this build.

Just a few more weeks and there will be some really nice pics/video of the completed packs :)
Only 30 days left to build...ahhhh
On a side note, I am still finding grey primer in my nose, note to self, wear mask while painting ;)

I never knew the RGB packs were recharged with Xbox 360s! They must have used a prototype back then!
i agree retrospectively it was a bit low. I was just not a fan of keeping info out of the hands of the general populace while showing results.

However I am all too aware of the info that is "behind closed doors" which is part of the reason i made the remark, so i dont consider myself "Butt hurt" I dont expect them to give away props for free, that would be foolish. But to have dimensions/plans all made up, say they have them and not want to share upsets me.

Sorry for the harshness, but not for the opinion underlying it.
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:

Just a few more weeks and there will be some really nice pics/video of the completed packs :)
It would be really cool if we could get a group photo of a RCGB Pack, XGB pack, Arm mounted pack, video game pack, and movie pack at Surge. (The Rocket City Ghostbusters will be sporting the last two :-))
Dark Jedi 1500 wrote:
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:

It would be really cool if we could get a group photo of a RCGB Pack, XGB pack, Arm mounted pack, video game pack, and movie pack at Surge. (The Rocket City Ghostbusters will be sporting the last two :-))

I do believe that is a must :) Can't wait to see your teams packs :)
Protokev, in no way is anyone here obligated to give up any information of any kind. I can think of several occasions over the years where different community members made great discoveries and would not share their findings immediately or even at all. Many of us can respect that the Palm Coast GB's want to hang onto their RGB pack designs because the minute they make the designs public, there will be identical RGB packs everywhere. Long before you or I ever thought to attempt building a proton pack, people didn't have a set of plans to follow and had to figure it all out by themselves and in that way, each pack was more appreciated by the builder and those who saw the builder wearing it. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that you're taking the wealth of information we have at our disposal for granted. RGB packs these days are like movie packs were back in those early days. There is no set plans being circulated and thats what makes each RGB pack more amazing and more appreciated by the community as well as the builders.

Perhaps if you want plans for an RGB pack so much, you could track down every forum member who ever made one and ask them for measurements?

While I would love to get my hands on the measurements and design of the PCGB's RGB packs, I am more than happy to respect their decision to let others figure it out for themselves.

Sorry for the rant, no disrespect to anyone, just had to say it.

Also, PinkGhostbuster, those are the most amazing looking RGB packs I've ever seen. The lengths you guys have gone to ensure the maximum amount of accuracy and interactivity is absolutely astounding.
Sorry for the long delay in terms of updates. Been plugging away at these everyday as our completion date is drawing closer and closer.

All of the packs themselves are pretty much done and ready to be wired to the gun. Looking to have all of the packs done today and start on the guns tomorrow. Really just little details left now, and wiring everything up.

On with the pics :)

Here is the board Scott soldered up for the ion arm. All 3 rows will chase.

Here is an overall shot of my pack.. everything is done except for some misc wiring and a detail plug that goes on the yellow tube leading to the gun.

A view of the spacer side panel...

Close up of the booster tube..

Got the grey split loom all attached...

Close up of the cyclotron with the lights going.. of course since this isn't video you can only see one light ;)

Ion arm/power cell with the lights going..

As I said the gun is next to be worked on..but here is where we are right now. Got the grips back from my friend. She did an awesome job sewing the fabric on to them. Also shown is some detail painting in regards to the silver.

That's it for now, hope you guys like how these are turning out :)
These are the best RGB packs I've ever seen. There's no contest, really. You guys are the RGB masters. I want one. When are you organizing a run? Where should I send my money? You don't understand! I WANT to give you my money! Please! :P

Seriously, incredible, incredible work. Green with envy over here. :crunch:
You guys make this shit look easy. Sick packs.
Filandrius wrote:These are the best RGB packs I've ever seen. There's no contest, really. You guys are the RGB masters. I want one. When are you organizing a run? Where should I send my money? You don't understand! I WANT to give you my money! Please! :P

Seriously, incredible, incredible work. Green with envy over here. :crunch:
Going to be posting up an interest thread for these right after Dragon*Con (9/3) So keep an eye out ;)
Thanks for the feedback :)
Paco wrote:u guys make xxxectoxxx look bad. gonna put a vent system?
I disagree. XxECTOxX did an amazing job on his pack and I loved seeing it last year in person at D*Con.

As for a vent system.. definitely a no. Though down the road we will be adding an iPod hook up & speaker into the packs.. just doesn't look like there is time for that now.
Still lookin' sassy!

I think our RGB Egon who has a movie Pack but the best custom RGB Egon wig you'll ever see will beg you to wear one of these for a picture...it really would be a great conjuction of RBG stuff. He's got the blue jumpsuit with pink collars and cuffs sewn in and the round rimmed glasses going too...

G
Another long build weekend that ended very well. I was able to complete one of the packs (well 99.9%..very minor things like the back motherboard plate, securing the battery packs, etc left to be done..easy stuff) Getting the lights and the gun fully done really brought this project together... So now only two more to finish.. should have those done in the next day or so :)

On with the pics... (video to follow)

Starting to get the cosmetic pieces made for the guns..

Here you can see the push button is in it's place on the main handle, and the cosmetic tube end pieces are in place.

Majority of the guns cosmetic pieces

Bottom gun hook..

Bottom of the gun. (the two lights and the screw appeared on one of the episodes, where the screw adjusts the polarity of the gun... very cool adition we had to add)

Top and side view with lights...

Overall of the gun with the barrel lights activated by the push button..

Misc shots..

Pack and gun with lights..

And the perfect end shot.. a comparison between the full size and my mini pack :)
Kingpin, Smeghead liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]