...it´s been a while since i made something Ghostbusters related but since i´ve sold my old pack i sorta knew i´m going to make another one some day. Its fun to make these things and i feel like i can do it better than last time. Sure the old one wasnt that bad but it had its inaccuracies ^^
So i´ve been collecting parts all the time before i was actually going to start working on it and now that i have most of the stuff i need it´s time to start something.
Styrene is the material of choice again (of course ) because i really like to work with it and its pretty easy to get straight angles and lines. But the ultimate goal for this built is making a fiberglass shell, so what im making now is just the master or buck or whatever you want to call it.
Anyway...i know you guys want to see pics so here we go with a little parts shot for the beginning:
Lots of goodies from jpa35, masteryoda, AJ, irricanian and some radio shop in nyc
Now on to the actual construction. This time i made the crank generator first to get that damn thing out of the way. I think its the hardest piece of the whole upper part of the pack. Here it is in its raw shape already together with the gun mount box:
Looks a bit dirty because i touched it with glue on my hands ^^ Oh and the grey part is just some pvc pipe cut to the correct length.
This looks better i guess:
I added almost all of the ribs and sanded the corners and edges. And as you can clearly see ive also included some details that arent in the plans. the bottom strip being one piece is a good example. I made the grooves with a very small round file just like hooker did it in his really great build thread. Also....I´ll be keeping some of the flaws on this intentionally, like the seam between the strip and the gearbox body and also one of the sections on it being smaller than the others. Maybe its not as small as it is on the screenused ones but i still wanted to add this little detail.
Another shot of the gearbox and gunmount:
I rounded all the edges and corners a lot more than last time to match the original a bit better. Still missing the corner plate but you can already see some of the eda box which i made yesterday.
Pretty much everything i have done so far:
The grey stuff on the eda box is some pvc pipe again, but i had to heat it up and bend it a little to get it to the correct diameter. Gotta make sure the pdd likes it in his spot
I also wanted to include another detail thats not in the plans:
And this is what all the boxes look like from the inside:
I´ve always added some styrene strips in the corners for some extra support and also some L-shaped profiles on the outer walls of some boxes.
Now something completely different:
I´ve soldered this together from aluminium already two months ago. Turned out suprisingly well...especially in comparison to the aluminium gun i tried to make. It wasnt a complete failure but some measurements were off. Anyway...there´s no need to worry about the gun anymore because Cpu64 makes one for me
So that´s it for now, hope you ghostheads are going to like this thread.
More to come.........really soon.