By mburkit
Okay, a few more updates on my build.

First is the slime tank.
It's been painted green and I have plasti-dipped the bottom of it. Starting to look like the tank. I'm thinking of dipping the bottom of it one more time to make sure its all coated evenly.

And the bigger update, the Ion Arm.

I had a very talented Mr. Tillson (or NoslliT on here) make me a custom ion arm cap and copper rods. I just need my clippard piece for the top and to paint the damn thing, then it'll be done.

Here's an image I posted earlier for reference.
By Ketchum
I hate your ability to do stuff I can't. But this pack will look amazing.
By mburkit
And painted.

I also tried to copy the weathering on the end cap like in the game.

So one small step taken towards a game pack. I'm hoping I get my gun kit from Nick soon so I can start scratch building that mess.
By Mr.Spider
right track, right road, hell, you're on the B-line going 15 over the recommended MPH lol
By mburkit
jackdoud wrote:
mburkit wrote:Oh god no. I highly doubt it will be ready for even NYCC.
Pfft, not with an additude like that mister...
Jack, you know what I'm doing about the shell of the pack (hell, you're helping me with it). You know how much its going to cost and how much time its going to take. I'm going to be running out of good weather for casting in the coming months hence my apprehension towards setting a deadline on this sucker.
By mburkit
Very small update but I wanted you guys to know I'm still working on this (just very slowly at this point). I got my gun kit from Nick-a-tron which will be the base of my game wand. I haven't done much to it, just cut and attached the handles, filled the bargraph and vent hole lights and marked everything else up for placement.

I filled the vent light holes and the bargraph because they are placed differently on the game wand. You may note that I don't have the side knobs or heat sink marked up on the gun body; well 2/3's of that wall of the gun body is going to be removed since the game attachments will be permanent. By opening up that wall, it will be a little more spacious for electronics.

Its not much, but it does show that I'm still chuggin' away at this.

P.S. I got word a big part of the pack just got done being cast up for me and will hopefully be on its way to my side of the country within the week. More updates to come!
alphabeta001 liked this
By Mr.Spider
Personally I hate the larger vent lights on TVG pack,,, always did, kudos for replicating it, but large vents are a pet peeve of mine
By kevinj319
Mr.Spider wrote:Personally I hate the larger vent lights on TVG pack,,, always did, kudos for replicating it, but large vents are a pet peeve of mine
It was probably enlarged to make it easier to see the glowing vent as you are playing, same as how the cyclotron lights are moved out from behind the bumper. Makes the vent look really good when viewed from a reasonable distance, such as the over-the-shoulder view, but the trade-off is they look goofier close-up.
By mburkit
Mr.Spider wrote:Personally I hate the larger vent lights on TVG pack,,, always did, kudos for replicating it, but large vents are a pet peeve of mine
There's a ton of stuff I'm not a big fan of on the game pack (namely the ribs on the pack and the lack of a v-hook) but I'm trying my best to replicate what you see on screen, so the wand gets big vent light holes.
By mburkit
a little bit more of an update. Almost done with putting together the standard part of the wand.

Screen cap:

My build so far:

Look at them there big 'ole vent light holes!

and . . . OH MY GOD THERE'S A BIG FREAKING HOLE ON THE SIDE OF THE GUN!?

. . .

Yes, yes there is. My game wand will be one big piece so I opened up that wall for more room in the gun (eventually).

And then 2 other fun things on the game wand:

There's a bolt going through the one knob, like some of the gb2 semi-hero packs and the side knobs are just discs now with brass grommets in their centers.

screen cap:

Some things are glued on via 2 part epoxy while other things are bolted on and are removable at this point. I still have some holes to drill and all the parts to the front handle to attach yet but I think its coming along okay. It'll be time for me to start scratch building the attachments in no time!

Well, that's it for this installment of "Man, Matt needs to vacuum is carpet."

P.S. I know I need to vacuum my carpet but its 10 pm at night and I don't think anyone wants to listen to me cleaning.
scigro liked this
Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]

A Victorian Ghostbuster

Since September I put up a new shop building, and […]