By mburkit
nick-a-tron wrote:Matt, I dunno if you're interested but i have a few of these clippard elbows with a threaded hole in the top. Add a screw to the top and you have accurate gamepack elbows :) Let me know if youd like a set.
But they have 2 holes on the side, right? I think you have the X-fittings. Jack and I were talking about it yesterday, we might take some of them that Jack has and fill in the one side hole with brass rod and grind it down smooth. That or take the regular L-fittings and drill and tap the top of them. We'll see, because I really don't like the fittings I got original.

Now onto another small update:

I got some stuff in the mail today! I got my 1.25" OD dome(s) in today for on the crank generator.

I'm going to make the little metal cage to go around it then. That and I'll turn it red some how (I have a couple ideas and the dome came in a pack of 6 so I can do a few test ones).

I also got something from AJ today:

Bike Lights!

Here's 2 shots of it sitting on my GB1 pack just for reference:

Lastly, I got some 1/32" thick brass sheeting. I have off tomorrow so I'm going to try to scratch build something. I kind of want to hold off on the power supply until I get my hose quick connects for the slime hose. Maybe I'll just work on the slime tank and ion arm. . .
By Mr.Spider
why not try a pvc cap for the bottom of the slime tank, they are flat on the bottom and come in diff sizes
By mburkit
Another, small update.

Just got me 2 Military issued GB2 accurate LC-2 ALICE frames in the mail today. One for my game pack and one for my eventual slimeblower.

They even came in the original box, still sealed.

I also cut out the plastic to make an ion arm. I need to run out and get glue but maybe I'll have an update on that later today as well.
By stephens540
im going to work with ya on the venting issue when its gets closer to fruition...i think we can get a really great effect using some dif items.
By mburkit
Primed it and I guess I got the sucker pretty smooth.

8 years of scratch building; I guess I'm finally starting to get good at it.

Its done for now until I can get all the hardware that goes on it to dry fit before I paint it black.
By Crix
I am going to go ahead and say that this is the thread that will end up being imitated a thousand times over the next few years.

Matt, you're off to an incredible start, and if anyone can do this pack justice, it's you.
By mburkit
Namssorg wrote:That's a fine looking arm. Can I ask how tall you made it? (The length of the long end of the rectangle the cap attaches to?) I noticed my ion cap from MMM is about 1/4" longer than the ion arm on stefan's plans. Is it supposed to be that much bigger?
According to Stefan's plans, the ion arm itself is 2.625" tall while the cap is 2.687" tall, which is a difference of 0.062".
Crix wrote:I am going to go ahead and say that this is the thread that will end up being imitated a thousand times over the next few years.

Matt, you're off to an incredible start, and if anyone can do this pack justice, it's you.
Wouldn't that be nice?
By GAVAL
Subscribed!

Don't suppose this is something you're gonna kill yourself getting ready in time for Dragon*con? I saw Jack was going. You planning on making it down as well?

Continued badassery on this build, Matt!

G
By mburkit
No, I will not be breaking my back and wallet to get this done for Dragon Con, namely because my work hasn't given me off for it yet. This pack is going to take me a while to make, since I have to scratch build a lot, including the electronics. I also don't want to rush it. Slow and steady wins the race in this instance.
By gbrob
mburkit wrote:

More is coming. Sadly the post-man isn't as fast as I wish he could be.
Too bad the post office isn't as efficient as the weather service.

Awesome work so far! :)
By mburkit
gbrob wrote:Awesome work so far! :)

Thanks!

As of right now, I'm kinda dead in the water until more stuff shows up in the mail, such as my gun kit from Nick and some hardware I ordered. I could start some of the scratch building but I like to have some of this stuff on hand before I begin to build around them. It's that whole "measure twice, cut once" deal.

Money has also exchanged hands for the base of the pack, the fiberglass shell. Once that shows up, things will really get interesting...
By Dark Jedi 1500
mburkit wrote:
I got some stuff in the mail today! I got my 1.25" OD dome(s) in today for on the crank generator.

I'm going to make the little metal cage to go around it then. That and I'll turn it red some how (I have a couple ideas and the dome came in a pack of 6 so I can do a few test ones).

The cage on my crank knob light was made using thich electrical soilder and epoxy. The solder beds well and created a pretty convincing metal cage.

The easiest way to make the dome read would be red transparent paint that you can get from michaels. It is about 10 bucks a can but works great for tinting. I used the blue variety for my power cell and the red for the Adam tank on my Subject Delta costume.
By Dark Jedi 1500
mburkit wrote:
kind2311 wrote:matt, you'd better find the proper size/color pattern bungee cords or so help me god . . .
I hear they got 'em at Harbor Freight, I just have to build up the courage to go over there. . .
They have in in Home Depot. They come in a bag of small cords with assorted colors. Depending on the final dimensions of your tank you whould be able to use 4 small ones with the correct color

YOur safest bet is to estimate long, then tie the bungie cord off at the hook.
By mburkit
Okay, so I was playing the game to get the spacing of everything on the ion arm correct and what do I spy?

FREAKING HOLE ON THE BACK OF THE CLIPPARD L-FITTING THERE! GRRrrrrr.

Which would mean, Nick was right and I need 5 of these for the game pack.

So I take one of these

Which is a Clippard part #15090-3

Add the barb and one of these to the top of the fitting:

Clippard part #11755

And I get what I need.
By mburkit
More hardware has shown up! Here is the hose coupler(s) I'm going to use for both the top of the slime tank and and on the wand.

Dixon 3EM3-B 3/8" S.T. Coupler and B3-T22 Hose stem 3/8" connector

Both of these are designed for hose that is 5/8" OD & 3/8" ID. In the game, they only show the coupler but in reality, you would need both sides of this quick connect for it to work correctly.

Here's a screen cap of the coupler on top of the power supply on the slime tank.

And here's a screen cap of the coupler on the wand.

I've scaled both and the coupler I have along with the hose size I'm going to use both seem to match the in game model.
By mburkit
More photos of stuff being built now.

I had some free time today so I figured I'd dry fit some of the stuff I have for the ion arm and try my hand at making the brass plate the slime hose goes into.

Also note: no weld lines.

I still need my ion arm cap and second set of copper rods as well as my X-Fitting for the top of the arm but other than that, I think it's looking good so far. I need to go get a 5/8" drill bit/hole saw for the hole that slime hose goes into.
By mburkit
Slime tank time! I got it together and primed at least.

Now for some crappy photos!

The very top of it I kept long because I don't know how much of that piping I'll need when I build the rest of the top. I'm also going to plasti-dip the bottom of it so it will have a black cap, like in the game. So far, I think it looks about right.
By Mr.Spider
unlike..... nah I kid, looks great !
Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy colle[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]