By mburkit
Well, here's that "big" update I was bragging about a few days ago.

As many of you may know, I was playing with KY Jelly for a little bit in the name of science! Well, while I was partaking in tom-foolery, Jack was busy making molds for the last 2 parts of the pack: the slime tank pump box and our vent nozzle. Here are my casts from said molds:

And with those made and dry fit to the pack. . .

I literally had no excuse to not paint the damn thing.

.:Skip Ahead 7 hours:.

And then you have something that looks like this!

There's still a few things I'm still waiting on for the pack side of the build: sockets for the vacuum tubes Jack cast; the HGA end-cap we designed to show up in the mail; as well as Mr. Jonny Ruckus to finish up the labels so I can slap them on. Here's so more glamour shots so you can see how it looks so far from different angles:

Without the wand:

And for fun, one with the wand:

Not that I've hit this landmark, I guess I'm gonna move onto finishing up the wand while we wait on some things to show up in the mail, then I'm going hardcore on the electronics because I hope to have this thing done for Dragon Con.

Thanks for looking!
jackdoud, CaptCyan, alphabeta001 and 4 others liked this
By pyhasanon
Looks like there are some little vacuum tubes on the TVG pack... will you be adding those as well? Looks frickin' awesome, man! I can't wait to see it in person!
By mburkit
pyhasanon wrote:Looks like there are some little vacuum tubes on the TVG pack... will you be adding those as well? Looks frickin' awesome, man! I can't wait to see it in person!
Yup! We are casting our own because I don't want glass on the pack. They are sitting in the molds as we speak and I'm also waiting on the sockets I ordered to come in so I can mount them securely on the pack.
By julz
the game pack doesn't seem to have a vhook...

10 points deducted from gryffindor

Looks fantastic Matt, has to be the most accurate game pack ever made. You might not be able to fit through doors but at least you will look good!
By pyhasanon
mburkit wrote:Yup! We are casting our own because I don't want glass on the pack. They are sitting in the molds as we speak and I'm also waiting on the sockets I ordered to come in so I can mount them securely on the pack.
Sweet! =D
julz wrote:the game pack doesn't seem to have a vhook...
You know, I always wondered that as I was playing... I was like "is the gun connected through magnets?" =P
By mburkit
julz wrote:the game pack doesn't seem to have a vhook...

10 points deducted from gryffindor
The game pack didn't have bolts holding the shell to the motherboard either! Or a v-hook holding the slime tank to the injector tubes, or hose barb quick disconnects attaching the hose to the female side of the pneumatic disconnects. . . I made some compromises because I'm building a real world item and not a 3D model in a video game! :blush:
julz wrote: Looks fantastic Matt, has to be the most accurate game pack ever made. You might not be able to fit through doors but at least you will look good!

Its not as accurate as Jack's, but he won't post a build thread until he finishes things that are different then on my pack. His pack will be the ultimate video game proton pack.
jackdoud, Kingpin liked this
By Smeghead
This is amazing work, I can't wait to see the finished article. Though I dread to think how much it's going to weigh.
By mburkit
Smeghead wrote:This is amazing work, I can't wait to see the finished article. Though I dread to think how much it's going to weigh.
Right now, without any electronics, it weighs about the same as my GB1 pack, which is somewhere between 25-30 lbs. Its just gonna get heavier from here on out!
Smeghead liked this
By syckotheklown
This pack is amazing. Was playing the game last night, now looking back, you've got everything. From the ribs, to the imperfections in the cap of the CLIPPARD. Love this pack. Great job man
By Not404Error
Best. Pack. Ever.
By mburkit
With a Dan Aykroyd signing closing in fast for this Friday, I decided to get this sucker street worthy!

First, I had to tear the wand down and paint it. Here's how it looks after 2 days of dis-assembly, painting, re-assembly, and weathering.

As you can see, I threw on some GBFans labels on there just because I don't have the electronics done yet and didn't want just empty space so they are place holders for now.

After finishing the wand up, then I got to play with KY again to fill a 4 foot hose. Once that was filled, I attached it to the wand and the pack, then weathered the pack. I was gonna wait for the labels to be on it before I posted a picture, but in case this thing doesn't survive the Dan Aykroyd signing on Friday, I wanted people to bask in the glory that this beautiful thing once was!

Weathering on this prop was REALLY difficult.

As you can see, there's TONS of scratches all over this thing. I sat there with a fine pointed brush and replicated them all, then went back over them to try to dial them WAY back. Then I actually took a flat head screw driver to the cyclotron to put some physical scratches in the shell. After all that fun, then I dusted the pack with a mix of different pastels crushed in a sock to give it the look of it sitting in my work shop for months on end without being touched. Is it perfect? No. But I'm also really don't think the weathering of the game pack looks good in real life. I prefer this more subdued look. It doesn't look brand new anymore, but it doesn't look like its been put through a grinder either. Anyway, that's it for now! I'll post a picture with the labels on in the future, but now its a push to get the electronics done for Dragon Con!
Dougger, Sutton621, jackdoud and 3 others liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]