I put this list together because I've recently been gathering certain information, and ran into all the following screw sizes on different threads, so I decided to make it all available in one place. The following is what I found, but if anyone wants to revise something, by all means, go ahead.

GB1 Pack:

1/4-20 socket cap screw - shell to mobo, HGA.

10-32 socket cap screw - booster frame, ion arm end cap, bumper.

8-32 socket cap screw - ribbon cable clamp, clippard 331 valve(some hero packs may had 10-32).

4-40 socket cap screw - resistors on ion arm.

GB1 Thrower:

10-32(not sure of size) slotted fillister head - clippard 701 valve

8-32 socket cap screw - gun track discs, base plate of gun box(possibly some throwers), screw in between side gun discs.

6-32 socket cap screw - rear bar instrument, front handle base, base plate of gun box(some throwers), barrel lock.

6-32 flat socket cap - V-hook on gun track

4-40 socket cap screw - top knob, heat sink (screw in from inside gun box)
AJ Quick, Lowberg, ashura001 and 4 others liked this
By Socko525
Devin, I've got a ton of screws, if I dont have all of them, I think I may be able to point you in the direction of where to get some. I'll prob bring a trunk full of stuff on Monday, just to give you an idea

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By gEkX
Here's some info I've collected on this subject. Also I was thinking about offering full sets for sale pending interest. Prices are still a number crunching game but I'm gonna try to keep it as cheap as possible. Ace sells alot of the stuff needed but the prices are about 50 cents a bolt. I'm hoping for half that price. Well here's the info:
gekx wrote: Ppack Screws & bolts

Gun:

6-32 cap head screws:
Instrument bar
Barrel lock
Bottom plate
Front gun ear
Gun knub under the brass washers

6-32 flat hex head screws:
V-hook

8-32 cap head screws:
Gun track
Also correct for the bottom plate
Screw between the side adjustment knobs

4-40 cap head screw:
Top knob

Proton Pack:

4-40 cap heads

2 resistors on the ion arm.

8-32 cap heads:

Booster frame (on some packs)
Screw beneath the ribbon cable hole ( on the one pack )
2 screws through the ribbon cable clamp
2 screws through the clippard valve

10-32 cap heads:

Booster frame (on some packs)
Ion Arm

1/4-20 cap head:

4 on the HGA
4 attaching the bumper (1/4 pan head Phillips on GB2 packs)
4 for attaching the shell to the mobo (1/4 pan head Phillips on GB2 packs)

8-32 slotted flat head machine screws:
2 for v-hook bracket
I also found this info in a couple threads:
irricanian wrote:I include hardware with most of my parts offered (ie: ribbon clamps, HGA, motherboard mounting kit)

Allen bolts
Ribbon clamp #8 x 1" long x 2
Ribbon P-clip #10 x 1" long x 1
HGA 1/4" x 1/4" long x 5
Motherboard mounts 1/4" x 1.25" long x 4
Booster frame #10 x 1" long x 1 (p-clip bolt holds the bottom end)
Resistors #4 x 3/8" long x 4
Dixie V-hook spacer #10 x 1" long x 2

Pan head Phillips

Bumper 1/4" x 1.5" long x 4 (nut on the inside of the shell)
Dixie V-hook #10 x 1/2" long x 2
I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple things like Button head's used on the thrower.
I made a socket cap screw run today with mixed results. I went to Lowe's first and found the 8-32 set of 4 I needed. That was $1.50. They didn't have the 4-40s or the 10-32s I also wanted, so I went to Home Depot. HD had a wide selection of socket cap screws, but they were stainless steel, which wasn't what I wanted. The black alloy ones were in a drawer with metric cap screws, so I bought some 5mm x 30mm, which was pretty close to the 10-32s, close enough for me. Two bags of two cost $1.60. No 4-40 socket cap screws at Home Depot either. I'll look at a hardware store like Ace another time to see if I can find those for my resistors.

I got home and found that the ion arm holes weren't big enough for the 10-32 (or 5mm), so I just subbed in my 8-32s. The holes were predrilled when I bought the part off ebay a long time ago, so I wasn't shocked. I traded the 5mm screws that were for the ion arm to the Clippard, which worked out fine. Yeah, it's inaccurate, but way better than the phillips head screws I had there for years in the first place. I also put a pair of 8-32s in the booster frame. (Now that I think about it, I could have been more accurate by putting the 10-32s in the booster frame, which apparently can go either way, and then used the 8-32s in the Clippard. Oh well, too late now and I don't care.)

I already had the right screws in my thrower thanks to irricanian's kit, and my ribbon cable clamp also came with the right screws, so those were good as well. Now I just want to get my 4-40s for my ion arm resistors and I might also review my bumper screws.

If anybody knows a good source for the 4-40s, let us know!
Michael Scott wrote:If anybody knows a good source for the 4-40s, let us know!
I bought a box of them online but I've also seen them locally at a Sears Hardware. I've also heard rumors that Ace Hardware stores have them.
By gEkX
We were having a small discussion about the socket cap heads used on the gun-track disks; as to what size was used. I've read 8-32 in a lot of places but when we looked at reference pics it appears larger. a 10-32 or maybe even 1/4-20. So whats the consensus on the gun-track disks?
Is it: *8-32*, *10-32*, or *1/4-20* socket cap heads.
It was also discussed that it may have varied much like a lot of the hardware but is either a 10-32 or 1/4-20 not a 8-32
Please share your opinions

PS
Be watching my shop very very soon for all your hardware needs ;)
I think most agree on 8-32 for the gun track.

Can anyone with great knowledge know if 8-32 was used on the instrument bar, as well as 6-32?

Mine is 8-32, and I'm contemplating whether I should change this little detail on my thrower.
jackdoud wrote:The gun disks used either 8-32's or else button heads on the stunt throwers. Anything larger is way too big.

The instrument bar used 6-32.
what would you say is the socket screw that holds the washer that holds the gun disk down?
By gEkX
Ok so 8-32 for the gun-track disks seems to be the answer. But can be still open for debate based on some of the reference photos we have been looking at.

If it is 8-32 for sure then I would say most throwers used 6-32 for the bottom plate. All the photos I've seen the bottom plate screws are smaller.

On too the next discrepancy.. 1/4-20 or 10-32 for the bumper?

Sent from my Motorola MT500 using Ghostbuster Fans on Android :cool:
Ace didn't carry the 4-40s either. The guy there recommended a place called Fastenal, so I went there. They had some, but you had to buy them in bulk, so I have 100 now. Hmm, I wonder if there's anyone I could share these with...

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]