Got my gun ears and grips from Eric (KCGHOSTBUSTER) and they are nice and beefy. But I wanted to play with them a bit. (Hopefully that's OK with Eric)

Here are the grips out of the box.

So I wrapped some sandpaper around my front handle and made the well there a bit deeper. Then I sanded the sides to be more flat. From there I notched the back and sanded the edges round. Here's the end result. The one on the left is done, the original is the other.

It's subtle, but I like it.
By Hammer
I'm working on making grips right now and this is the exact angle I needed to see. It's difficult to see some of the exact curvatures in pictures after they're painted. Looking good!
Attached the front handle -

Set in with Loctite putty.

Once I had it set I cut the handle, and grabbed a PVC coupler and some aluminum air conditioning tape and made this -

Then I sanded it with a fine grade sanding sponge and set it with two Allen screws.

Now I will have a little aluminum showing after I paint it.
By Hammer
Looks great! I've got an ion arm coming up as well. The pep arm just didn't quite get there.
Alan Hawkins liked this
Yesterday I started working on the bumper. Using the template that can be found here -

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=10169

I printed off the two sides and the top and then cut those out of styrene -

Then I tacked in the curved parts -

Anywhere there was going to be a bolt or needed a feature I could not make from styrene

I built up with two-part putty.

UGLY!

But after some shaping -

It's not perfect, but I only have $15 invested, so I'm OK with that...
Bloodvayne liked this
FIBERGLASS! FINALLY, DONE WITH THIS BS!

Yeesh, had to wait until the kids were in school (summer pre-K) to get this done. I don't have a backyard at my new place so I had to be quick so as not to piss off my new neighbors.

I did do this a bit different. Instead of tacking it in place with two rivets, I just used the spine I made on the front to hold it together. Then the fiberglass will complete the bond on the back. So no bolts, rivets or screws. Just fiberglass and glue.

Added my chopmat.

And DONE!

More to come...
My bumper fits! I found that most bumpers are a bit too big for a SC shell. The closest know of is the one that KCGhostbuster sells. So when I made this one I cut it down by 1/4" and once I placed my bottom plates it fits nicely!

I found these at Lowes for $1.50 and decided to go that route. Not as tall as the caps I used on the last two packs, but close enough.

Working a little each day. A lot of sections of the SC shell are sloped so that he can get it to pop off of the buck, but it makes getting regular parts a grind to line up right. One such problem is the ribbon clamp. I have yet to get it to sit in a way that makes me happy. This time I think I fixed that. I made a shelf out of some 1/16th styrene and just used the top of the ribbon clamp.

I'll blend it in a bit and paint it. A buddy of mine provided me with some real Clippards!

Then I made my Injector Tubes.

DONE with that!

Finally cut the Power Cell window and only zinged one rib. (last time I chewed up all of them...)

More next week...
I did some parts trading with a local buster and walked away with a GBfans sound board and a resin / metal Ion Arm. I took the resin part and wrapped it in aluminum foil like so...

Pretty much all the fabrication of the parts is DONE! I need to do some small things here and there but the hardest part is over.

More to come...
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]