By julz
I'm going to go ahead and post these pics, You guys can see for yourself. I didn't even look at that area until Demon pointed it out to me. It's always amazing how much info can come out of a picture even though you have already seen it before,

You can clearly see the length and width of both the halfmoon and lower spacers. The lower spacer is defiantly a square like shape and so different in size and shape to the halfmoon rectangle shape further up, So I don't think they were the same thing. I think they simply just measured the size of the alice frame and then cut off some appropriate wood they had lying in the shop. If I had the same wood which the sell in lengths at any store, I could wipe that up in seconds just like a real prop maker would. Cutting these spacers out of wood is not what id consider hard/time consuming or out of the ball park rather than a found item....

From the unpainted spaces left and the profile you can see in the gif... I really think they were simply square simple blocks that are a similar height to the alice frame. And one of the reasons I don't think they were angles toward the pack side as the mounting hole is in the middle of the unpainted square.

The image in the flames hasn't convinced me... maybe someone can post some 4 k versions?

By 910dohead
Anything is possible. They could have been resin for all we know? I still remain skeptical as to what the material was. I just think the likely candidate was wood. We may never know what was used. I am proud of the fact that the consensus here is that there was something else used on the GB1 Hero's rather than aluminum spacers. I believe its safe to say that the aluminum spacers were one of the changes made during the retrofit and only appear that way in Ghostbusters II. Does everyone agree to this?
By 35FT_TWINKIE
910dohead wrote:I am proud of the fact that the consensus here is that there was something else used on the GB1 Hero's rather than aluminum spacers. I believe its safe to say that the aluminum spacers were one of the changes made during the retrofit and only appear that way in Ghostbusters II. Does everyone agree to this?
Here, here!!

:nicejobyoudid:
:taco:
By 910dohead
julz wrote:I'm going to go ahead and post these pics, You guys can see for yourself.
Awesome! This definitely proves that they were certainly not in the shape of the half moon spacer. They absolutely were block shaped. I still believe that one side was angled. Julz, I have the 4K on my pc and I will go through the movie and try and get better screen caps. I can't do it at this time, but I will try and do it later today. Thanks again for sharing these pictures, if just for a brief time.
By julz
You're welcome :cool: "Hopefully it's ok to post them... but It's hard to make progress on these types of discussions when people can't see all the info."

It could be angled... but if you use that image as a guide it looks way longer than the unpainted imprint on the pack....
I've used the better quality image and adjusted the colour to remove the flames a bit. As well as overlaying some some shapes to show the possible outline of it.

Is that what you mean? More 4k images would be cool to see.
910dohead liked this
By Krenzy
In that last picture I don't see where the length of the spacer would end. It looks like it goes from one side of one hole to the other side of the other hole, making it over a foot in length. Look closely...or do my eyes fail me?
By 35FT_TWINKIE
Krenzy wrote:In that last picture I don't see where the length of the spacer would end. It looks like it goes from one side of one hole to the other side of the other hole, making it over a foot in length. Look closely...or do my eyes fail me?
Your eyes fail you, my friend.

By Krenzy
I just looked closer at the last pic in the series posted, I can see it now. Sorry guys, I've been driving in blinding snow and then sudden sunlight all day. Doesn't help that I'm only using my phone.
By julz
Ha

I was actually going to reply... what are you looking at this on? then I was going to refer you to have your head examined ;)
By julz
I decided to try mocking these up, I went with a square roughly 1.5 by 1.5 by 1'' . 1.5 is roughly the height of the lower bar where the spacer fits. I have a very strong feeling they tried to match the height of that alice frame bar. The gb2 spacer that's on the hole now is located more towards the bottom of the unpainted square. When you take into account where the holes are on the alice frame and drill something similar then the end result is it sits nicely flush with the alice frame cross bar :cool:

By julz
Your measurements were great dvc :) I was leaning towards what ever was the height if the alice frame so that was perfect :)
Also if you check the back if the Murray pack again, there are little holes next the gb2 spacers, possibly a screw drilled in from behind to stop the block from turning? Very similar to what we were discussing :)

One thing I like from the bottom view, is the switch craft bracket makes the mounting block look like one long piece if wood, which is what that burning ref pic looks like.
By 910dohead
The spacers look great Julz! I believe that you are right about the bolt going into the spacers. There are drill holes in the unpainted squares and that would be the best way to keep them from turning.

About the 4k screen caps. I couldn't find better screen caps then the ones i've already posted. I never posted what I captured. When Monday came around and got news of Harold Ramis' passing, my friends and I watched Ghostbusters in tribute. While we were watching, we weren't looking for reference or looking at details. Just simply enjoying the film. It wasn't until the very end of the movie during the credit roll that we accidently found what we were looking for.

Here are a few quick screen shots we made from one of our phones. It's right as Egon is loading the packs back into the Ecto-1. He picks up one of the packs and you get this for a brief second. Clear as day!

Alternatively, I am still going to try and grab a screen shot of this in 4k. It's a little difficult for me to do, but I will try and get something up here quickly.
Kingpin, KagaSakai liked this
By julz
Yeah they look great, nice pics :cool:

I am in the process of going through the film in 4k taking stills... there are so many examples through the whole film... when Murray whips the table cloth out...

I think my dimensions are out and they are alot wider than I have them as, but Murray and Stanz's pack have them.

I have a feeling the height is the same as from the side it looks quite square, but looking down it's alot wider across the alice frame.

I think the angle thing you spoke of possibly differs from pack to pack... his look very square to me, but rays could have been cut differently, giving it more angles?
By julz
Nice find btw :roland:
910dohead liked this
By 910dohead
Thanks, guys. I'm going to guess as to the size of these. I'm thinking 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1". Only because we know the middle bar on the alice frame is exactly 1". As per the Murray pack photo, you can easily tell the unpainted block pattern is a little more than 2" when comparing it to the frame bar. I think 2 1/2" is a safe guess because 3" just looks like it wouldn't be that long. What do you guys think?
By 35FT_TWINKIE
I honestly think 2 1/2 is too big. If you look at the last shot of the Murray pack posted by Julz where it shows the Unpainted area up close to the spacer, the Unpainted squares are only a hair bigger than the spacer is long. We know that the metal spacer is 1" long. If the square spacers were 2 1/2", they would be much larger in comparison to the known size of the 1" aluminum spacer.

I think Julz nailed it with 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
By 35FT_TWINKIE
Ok, sorry, I was on my phone with the last reply. This is just a real quick illustration I did in paint with a mouse and a ruler.

Hopefully this settles it. The red lines represent a 1 1/2" spacer, extrapolated from a known measurement (the 1" aluminum spacer in the photo) and they run in line perfectly with the unpainted areas on the motherboard where the spacer would have been. The yellow lines show how large only a 2" spacer would have to have been. It just wouldn't have fit, much less a 2 1/2".

But, as always, someone please, correct me if I'm wrong.

By PssdffJay
I'm thinking it's 1" thick, 1 1/2" tall or the same mesasurent of the cross bar on the frame. I think these are all agreed upon.

The width I feel is bigger than the 1 1/2". From the perspective I would say it's closer to the 2 1/2"-3" mark.
By Kingpin
Something a good friend of mine once advised is that when laying measurements like that, to be careful to account not only for the perspective but also for the distance that point is away from the camera lense.
By julz
Ok I'm going to further spam this thread with examples :p I love researching this stuff!

This is a trickey shape to pick unless you get a shot dead on from the side, perspective plays an ugly part in adding onto the height of the shape.

More of the pictures lead me to think it's more of a rectangle shape again, 910dohead's 2.5 isn't as crazy as you think in terms of a width, but I don't think it's 2.5 high ... 2 at the most but i'm still alot happer with 1.5. 2' heigh means it over shoots the alice frame.. but for al we know it could have.

The shots of murrary's pack with the table cloth and the duck show the width of the spacer to be more of a rectangle than the square I thought it was originally... when you look back at the fire picture that width kind of rings true as you can't see the inner edges of it either side of the switchcraft bracket.

As Kingpin said you have to take into account perspective so I did a little test in maya...

Looks quite square right....

now look at it from the front

The width here are 1 x 1.5 x 2.7 , this leaves less of a gap between the spacers which looks alot more accurate to me.
Now mine is just a mock up, it could easily be 2.5 or around that or what ever works for each individual making these spacers for their pack. I wouldn't be supprised if they greatly differed in dimensions from pack to pack either.

No when I turn it off it still keeps firing even t[…]

Awesome! It's a complex but very fun build... Went[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]