protogenxl wrote:
Real LI Ghostbusters wrote:Can The amps be higher as long as its 12 volts?

Yes of course they can, The Device wants 3 AMPS to run, If I were to plug it into my bench PS that has 10 AMPS available, the Device will only use 3 of the 10 AMPS available.

General troubleshooting: Have you tried the amp with a different audio source and\or output speaker

you would want to use about a 4 amp car fuse with this circuit assuming you only power the amp,
OK I understand now. As far as the trouble shooting part, I have tried with 20 Watt speaker and then a 75 watt speaker with the same result no sound when using the batteries.That is until I switched it and plugged into an outlet Then wow There is sound! lol

BTW Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it!
Lowberg wrote:Here's how to tap into the sound

I tried to view your video but it says it's private.

I just got my wand today and want to be able to hook it up to louder speakers in my pack. The only problem is I have zero knowledge on how to do this. Like what speakers, batteries, amps, cables, mics(?) should I buy? Is there an easy combo? I guess I need someone to just spell it out for me lol :-/

Also, I found that there is sound coming from the jack at the end of the wand. Unplugged a 3.5mm cable into it and then plugged it into an Aker voice amp I use (and a lot of stormtroopers do too). There is sound there, just not great sound.
By CaptRay
Here are some mods that I have done to my Matty Wand. Changed the green wire and used some cheap dollar store brass nuts and bolts. Weathered with a Sliver sharpie and colored the banjos with a gold sharpie. Added some decals. No sound or light connection to my pack, however.

Okay so I opened the Mattel wand and disconnected the white audio wire and hooked it up to a regular surround sound speaker and the sound works but my question is (cause I'm not really smart about electronics ) how would I go about making the sound louder I have no way to adjust the volume. ..what could I use
By slimer530
I opened my Mattel wand and disconnected the white audio wire and ran it straight into a surround sound speaker and got sound. .my question is I have no volume control is there anything I can hook up to it to make it louder and be able to adjust it if I wanted
By vinmanmac
I know there were some comments earlier in this thread about Videobob adding the Matty wand to his packs but the sound was coming soley from the wand.

Well I saw a video on one of his ebay auctions today where he has the sound is now integrated into an amp and speaker within the pack. and the speaker in the wand is also still operational.

Love to get this completed on mine as well.
CaptRay wrote:Changed the green wire and used some cheap dollar store brass nuts and bolts.

Would you care to elaborate a bit on how you accomplished this? I am wanting to do the same thing, as the green hose that came on the wand is misshaped from the box it came in.

I am most curious about the nuts and bolts you used and how the hose is connected to them. Also, how did removal of the stock hose connectors go? It seems like you can just rip them right out.

Thanks man! Yours looks great.
By RIPHarold
I've just run a test setup with a small hobby amp and a 12v power supply using the same speaker available in the shop. Worked perfectly on the first shot(rare for me). I made a video that I will link here later. Very easy, I've never done this before, it's all pretty straight forward.

Now I just have to wire it to the pack(after it's finished)
By RIPHarold
slimer530 wrote:Nice !! Yea I ran the audio wire through the handle and out the back but also used speaker wire for the extra length. .looks real clean ...what is the name of that amp u have there
It's a little hobby amp i got as part of a kit. Future Maxx makes it, but you can probably find one with a more convenient volume control knob. Then you could have a little hidden knob somewhere discreet on the pack.
By slimer530
I just disabled the vibrator it's kind of annoying. ..I just unscrewed the black box it's connected to and took out one of the Lil gears it actually works lol now there's no annoying vibration
By venkman30
ecto88mph wrote:I have seen videos on youtube of the matty collector being electroniclly connected to the rest of the pack.

Do you happen to have any links for these cuz I would love to see them. All I can find is the pathetic blob vids.

Also how hard is it to open this wand? I only have the one and don't really know if I wanna break it just to open it up.
By ecto88mph
What if you just added a male jack to the tube that fits the Matty stock female jack. I'm not worried about it sending or receiving sound. Just want a clean look.
By Mat
It won't be strong enough using only the 1/8" jack.

This is going to sound really dumb, but what I ended up using was the "inner cap" of a spray paint lid. It's a tight fit; the end will need to be flared slightly over a cone, but once it's on, it's on and doesn't add a lot of bulk. It's a fairly thin and flexible plastic, about 1/16" thick which keeps the bulk low. The end of the cap is drilled out so that the split less loom hooks into the cap at it's narrowest cross section.

I made this to keep pressure on the inside; basically you attach the hose to the cap and press fit this from the inside into the loom. The plug is just cut off a defunct pair of headphones and centered in the brass hose barb (from the sprinkler isle!) by being built up with electrical tape and backfilled with hot glue. Because I didn't cut the cap down to length, I have a spacer between the jack and the cap.

By ecto88mph
Cool, Im still working on my pack right now but i book marked this for when I get around to adding the thrower. (seeing as how it will probably be the last step im very much looking forward to it)
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]