PVC drain pipe is measured from the inside diameter. If you bought one listed as 1.25", then outside diameter is actually 1.66". In the past we commonly used the pipe listed as 1", which has an outside diameter of 1.315", but that is still too big for this kit. You need a 1.25" OD tube. Your best solution is going to a metal supply store or ordering it online, but you can pick up a suitable pipe at Home Depot or Lowes, just check the sink tailpiece section. It will be really thin, but they have pipe in both PVC and metal that has the correct OD.
You have any instructions to help install a pop mech from freeky geeky?
Just received my kit, and all I can say is WOW, beautiful, now if I had not bought an old proptronix light kit that WONT fit in the gun body I would have been set! Oh well time to re-order!

Thanks for the awesome kit man! :cool:
Hmmm... I'm thinking you might be able to just dremel out a small groove in the bottom so that you can close it up...
Are all screw holes for the kit meant to be tapped?

If so what are the best taps to use?
I have a question about this part...does the u shape piece supposed to be glued on there? I don't understand how the trigger box stays win this piece if that thing slides right out. I do have the kit but its drying with paint right now so i can't test it.

thanks!
ThrowingChicken wrote:
Hijacker wrote:And TC, bending the prongs on the mini still doesn't give enough clearance. I switched to a micro, and it was still a tight fit, IMO.

Sorry to hear you were still having trouble with the micro. AJ sent me some samples to make sure they fit well and I must say I didn't have any trouble installing it myself. If you can send me a photo of the issue maybe I can find a better work around.

What is the best way to feed the ear light wires from a gbfans kit into the option B front grip?
Hoot wrote:I carefully drilled a channel hole midway through the ear into the tube and fed from the inner tube out....which reminds me to finish my damn gun....
What size drill bit you use?

To make sure I'm understand you, from the right ear (vent button/light) side directly into the tube?
Cripes that's going back - I can't remember to be honest. and yes - slow and about dead center to create an inner channel. then Epoxy putty/sculpt the end and sand. I saw this method in a few other builds - I can't remember which (I'm going back at least a year or so)
csullivan1980 wrote:What is the best way to feed the ear light wires from a gbfans kit into the option B front grip?
There is a tiny dimple on the side of the ear. You can drill a hole through there, all the way into the tube, then run your wires that way (just fill in the outside hole before you paint it), or you can run the wires outside of the ear and drill a small hole in the corner where the grip/ear/tube all meet. The latter is more accurate to what they did in the movies, but the former looks cleaner.
MovieSean wrote:You can see with the bar graph sticking out a little bit this is what is left on the outside sticking out of the bottom.

http://imgur.com/a/U7dxb
So yeah, this is a month late, but I would sharpie on the circuit board where you need the edge to be, and run that corner on a piece of sandpaper (100-150 grit) until it's down to the sharpie.

That is fiberglass you're grinding, so avoid breathing the dust. (:

Really doesn't look like there are any traces on that corner, and you can probably get away with sanding down the very tip of the plastic screw terminal housing too, if it's still too high for the box.
Thanks for the tip! However I decided that if im spending this kind of money i want everything perfect so i went ahead and bought the GB Fans kit! Just curious do i NEED a bezel like spongefaces or can it be used with no bezel?
It's not insanely hard, but it can be tricky... definitely worth the effort though, and it's not too expensive, either...

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]