Will these two work together? I took the GB fans soundboard out of my last pack and I'm installing it in my new one that laready has an exoray light kit in it. Should I look into going all GBfans sound and lights? Any help would be great!
I don't know if anyone will be able to help you unless Exoray has some documentation posted somewhere.

It should be fairly easy to hook up though. You can power the Exoray kit from the GBFans kit using the wire screw terminals, and then tap into the pre-existing switches. You might have to invert the switch triggers using the DIP switches on the GBFans kit to ensure they trigger properly.
yardstickninja liked this
By Ecto_1
Exactly as AJ stated, you won't be able to just plug in to the Cat5e module on the light board that Exoray created for a sound kit expansion. Personally I wouldn't try to use it anyways as it was known to be buggy as hell which is why Exoray's sound kit never made it past the first initial batch he made
Ecto_1 wrote:Exactly as AJ stated, you won't be able to just plug in to the Cat5e module on the light board that Exoray created for a sound kit expansion. Personally I wouldn't try to use it anyways as it was known to be buggy as hell which is why Exoray's sound kit never made it past the first initial batch he made

So both his sound kit and his light kit were buggy? Because I am using GB sound and Exoray light. Or did I misunderstand you?
By Ecto_1
Sponge faces stuff is fantastic, save up and get the light kit, from what I hear they pair together so we'll it's not funny, plus the level of service from Doug is amazing. That and if AJ is willing to risk his reputation on it by throwing it in the shop, you know it's good.

I owned an Exoray kit once and it was a pain in the ass, just do a search and you will find many people who have had a hard time with their kits after the fact. Plus Exoray is a ghost, he hasn't been heard from on the forums since 2011, so he's not available to trouble shoot his own kit.

Sometimes it's cheaper in the end to just bite the bullet and buy quality from the start rather than mucking around with something in hopes it will work
I owned one of Exoray's gun kits for a number of years without incident. The only time I experienced a problem was when I first tested the kit, and found that the barrel lights wouldn't operate reliably. I informed Exoray of the problem at the time, and he send me out a replacement board which is still in the Proton Gun to this day.
Thanks for the advice AJ and Ecto. I gave it a go and just finished hooking everything up. And she is working like a charm!
Though I'm not going to lie it is a wiring nightmare, and if something goes wrong and the boards go out I'll be heading to the GBfans shop for light replacements.
Cornelius liked this
By vipertv
Hi yardstickninja,

Sorry to bring up an older post, but I too have an Exoray deluxe pack and wand light kit that I bought back in 2008. Thankfully I printed all of the documentation for Exorays kit at the time. A few years ago, I also bought the gbfans sound board with hopes of adapting it to work with my Exoray kit. Since you were able to complete the same task I have in front of me, could you offer any insight to how I can link the two? Keep in mind the Exoray kit is installed in my pack (with a hoist of C –or D, can’t remember– cell batteries, which I’d like to replace with a rechargeable unit I can plug into the wall) and haven’t purchased any additional components yet for the addition of sound.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Even if it’s pointing me a direction!

Thanks,
Steven

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]