By alextwigg
Howdy,

A this thread seems somewhat static but thought I would say hello and get involved. I am pretty well versed in 3D and am currently in the process of fully 3D printing a pack. Up until this moment I have been running off Stefan's plans, but when I came in here looking for some missing info, it looks like those plans might be a little out of date and thought this project looked like on I could be a part of.

If I am going to take the time to model and print a pack, I may as well make it as accurate as I can. I will clone the repo and make a fork. I will have a look at modelling in Sketchup, but may stick to working in Houdini and outputting the STL files.

I am new to the pack building thing and am not that clued up yet on where the best reference is. Is there a primary source we are looking to work from, or are well pulling from multiple source?

Hope we can get this moving!

Alex
Jonobiwan liked this
By alextwigg
So I have had a pass at the synchronous generator. These are purely based of Stefan's plans. Does anyone know of any stats, measurements or references that would be of note here?

By alextwigg
Built and added the cyclotron. At the moment this is all still in Houdini as it is much easier for me to make very quick and easy changes to any component. I will export the STLs at some point. I also want to go through and cut the object into parts that will fit into my print volume and make sure the parts are easily assembled down the line.

Kingpin liked this
By askernas
I have modelled all except the bumper. Top parts based on this thread, rest based on Stefan Otto's plans and changed the known factual errors, but still need better measurements :)

The thread I made of this one is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43190
By alextwigg
Nice work! Have you worked the bump into the geometry or is that coming from a texture?

I started on the bumper this morning and it is a pain in the ass in terms of shape. Everything else is just circles and boxes! I will send it to you if when I have it done if you are interested. Are you rocking in Maya?

If we got enough good reference photos we could smash the all through photogrammetry software and probably get something pretty good.
By askernas
Nice work! Have you worked the bump into the geometry or is that coming from a texture?

I started on the bumper this morning and it is a pain in the ass in terms of shape. Everything else is just circles and boxes! I will send it to you if when I have it done if you are interested. Are you rocking in Maya?

If we got enough good reference photos we could smash the all through photogrammetry software and probably get something pretty good.
Thanks!

The bumpiness of the main pack is from the rendering texture. I figured it wouldn't help much when developing plans.

I'll put up a .stp file of my work so far if you want. I've hollowed it out to 3mm thick shell on most parts, the idea was to make it into flat pack files for scratch building one.... or just get proper measurements from =)
Middlesex Ghostbusters

Awesome where you based?

I expect one end of march as March 23, 2020[…]

WELL spotted, Kingpin! <APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE[…]

Hi

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg