A lot of trial and error... and those brass rods are from Amazon, same rods that I used for my Sniffer probe...
alphabeta001 liked this
I love the way those brass spacers look, Phil! I just used recycled BIC pen bodies for mine lol! I might revisit that portion.
pyhasanon wrote:A lot of trial and error... and those brass rods are from Amazon, same rods that I used for my Sniffer probe...
Looks great! Do you remember what size? Or does it matter? I'm hoping to do what you did for myself and another member of MAGB.
Doesn't really matter, as long as the inner diameter is large enough to pass whatever bolt size you are using... I just pass it through, since it was easier than threading it (I tried both methods, threading wasn't very reliable)...
Not much new to add... haven't had a chance to work on my wife's pack, unfortunately, but I did get a new coil for my vent mechanism, allowing me to go even lower than 0.5 ohms... It's 0.3 ohms now, and definitely makes a significant difference in the vent clouds...

Turbomini73 liked this
Is this a modified jimfin e-cig Kit?
I changed out the tank and how power is delivered to the tank (see photo below), as our 12V power supplies would be very bad to use with a 0.5-ohm (or in the new upgrade, 0.3-ohm) coil... just as bad as crossing the streams... like *BOOM*... (funny, my kids are watching Ghostbusters in the living room, I typed "boom" just as Peck shut down the containment unit and Egon did his hand movements)...

Took another video this evening, in the efforts to test taking video in 60 Hz... probably not the best example, but I guess it makes the running lights and smoke look smoother/clearer... not entirely sure... meh, whatever... =P

Thanks for all the comments! The weather is randomly warming up here, so maybe I can get some sanding and painting done this weekend on my wife's pack...
Digging the new coils. I've been pretty quiet here but I still regularly check the boards. I picked up a new tank and have been looking at other coils. What did you use? Sorry if it's in a previous post.....
pyhasanon wrote:I changed out the tank and how power is delivered to the tank (see photo below), as our 12V power supplies would be very bad to use with a 0.5-ohm (or in the new upgrade, 0.3-ohm) coil... just as bad as crossing the streams... like *BOOM*... (funny, my kids are watching Ghostbusters in the living room, I typed "boom" just as Peck shut down the containment unit and Egon did his hand movements)...

AH HA! After studying your photo for what I hate to admit was a long time (haha), I finally think I found what you were talking about. (boy, do I feel dumb). [Highlighted in green]

Could you clarify what you mean about "...as our 12V power supplies would be very bad to use with a 0.5-ohm (or in the new upgrade, 0.3-ohm) coil)..."

My e-Cig venting kit should be here next week but I didn't order a battery with it. I consulted Jimfin before placing my order asking if he thought my batter pack, the same black one you use(d), would be able to handle my Spongeface kits and venting kit. Jimfin said he thinks it would be just fine.

Not saying you have me worried but you do have a lot more electronics going on compared to my pack which is what I'm guessing is why you need more power than my pack. :cool:
Last edited by Kingpin on February 12th, 2018, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
csullivan1980 wrote:Could you clarify what you mean about "...as our 12V power supplies would be very bad to use with a 0.5-ohm (or in the new upgrade, 0.3-ohm) coil)..."

My e-Cig venting kit should be here next week but I didn't order a battery with it. I consulted Jimfin before placing my order asking if he thought my batter pack, the same black one you use(d), would be able to handle my Spongeface kits and venting kit. Jimfin said he thinks it would be just fine.

Not saying you have me worried but you do have a lot more electronics going on compared to my pack which is what I'm guessing is why you need more power than my pack. :cool:
If you use the full kit that jimfin supplies to you, powering it from the 12V should be fine... The set up I use, however, due to the insanely low resistance of the coil, I am essentially shorting out the power supply... If you look at the photo, you can see that large purple battery there, it's a special battery that is designed to be safe to use with the large current draws of the low-resistance units... Otherwise, if I connected my vape kit to a 12V, my battery would literally burn itself in flames, if not explode... But, again, if you stick with the standard jimfin setup, you're safe...
Got it! Thanks for the reply Phil! I can't wait to have this pack done (finally)
Got myself a cheap fog machine today, so of course, I put it to the test...

twmedford23, Hoot, Smeghead and 1 others liked this
pyhasanon wrote:Been playing around with the idea of increasing the eCig smoke, and with the help of some seasoned vapers at work, Spongeface, and some guidance from the Finchers, I now present the Sub-Ohm Vent!

Still a work in progress, gonna try to find a stronger air pump, but it's good enough for the ALS Walk I will be participating in tomorrow with the Ghostbusters, Virginia... I will put up the build once I have the time... for now, I NEED SLEEP... =P
Hey Phil,

Just been watching this vid again and really love the start up sound after the vent, is that something you mixed yourself? If so, could I be really cheeky and ask if you are willing to share it please? I have the new GBFans soundboard and I'd like to add the power up after vent but I suck at sound editing on Audacity.
Venkman's Swagger wrote: Hey Phil,

Just been watching this vid again and really love the start up sound after the vent, is that something you mixed yourself? If so, could I be really cheeky and ask if you are willing to share it please? I have the new GBFans soundboard and I'd like to add the power up after vent but I suck at sound editing on Audacity.
Dude, OMG, I'm just now seeing this, super late reply!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avi5fhronfgsm ... s.zip?dl=0
pyhasanon wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote: Hey Phil,

Dude, OMG, I'm just now seeing this, super late reply!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avi5fhronfgsm ... s.zip?dl=0
Blast from the past hey!! Thank you very much man. I hope you and you’re family are well
Just WOW!!! :-D
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]