Nice! Now, if only it was that easy to throw on the pack as it was in your video... LOL!
I used hot glue for almost all of it...contact cement works well too. Coat everything with a few coats of school glue before painting. Pretty much any paint works after that.
Yes, that cyclotron is foam that I sanded down. Used a dremel and some sand paper to get all those rounded edges on stuff.
So far, it seems to be holding up pretty well!
Ecto-1 fan liked this
That is a good thing about scratch building...I'm not super scared of something breaking because I know that I can fix any part that breaks.
That being said, I spent about an hour pushing my way through shoulder to shoulder drunkards last night...and was surprised to see that the pack was pretty much unaffected.
I was nervous as I had definitely felt a few good pushes and pulls.
A few weeks has passed, and I am still obsessed! I find myself staring at my pack. Hope I'm not the only one! ;)

Decided to post a few more detailed pics as my other ones were not very close.
I was pretty happy with how the bumper turned out...that was definitely the hardest part to scratch build.
ImageImage
I used dollar store powder makeup and baby powder to add some dust/weathering.
I know my ribbon cable is not film accurate, but I kind of like it. One day I will upgrade to a more accurate cable and knob.
Rogain bottles made for pretty good Clippards. Not that any of us need Rogain. ;)
My grips are also not film accurate, but I am happy with them. I used bike grips, with some craft foam underneath to give the bulk needed.

I think in general I may have gone a little heavy with the texture, but overall I am impressed with how it turned out. Came out better than I had expected with being my first try.
Thanks...I thought it added a little something nice. Plus, I like that the pack and trap are accurate enough that they can be compared directly to the blueprint image and everything is correct. Good to show off to guests. :)
Grimmy GB liked this
DUDE....

That build of yours is AMAZING. I started on a similar project, using found parts and such, had to put it in moth-balls for the summer while I helped my GF get back to good health after some unexpected surgery. Recently got back at it. Still in it's infancy, but at least it's 'back on".... (There's a thread here somewhere... for it)

...But your build... RIDICULOUS. The pack-venting... a hella-amazing touch.

And the video... I do media work... you obviously have some shooting/editing chops yourself. Nice work there, too.
Thanks Jedi...pm your thread when you get back to it...I'd love to see it.
And yes...I do have some video chops, glad you noticed. ;)
The hardest part of the video was shooting it myself with my iphone.
My god man this is amazing. I had stacks of those foam pads, and I threw them away!!!!! :sigh: I never thought about using them for a build!! I used heavy gauge cardboard but never pulled off a bumper bar. Great work. That gun though. I have been building on mine for a few months and its nowhere near that caliber. I used that thin craft plywood but it looks nothing like that.
Thanks man! I'm still pretty happy with this build...and it has survived remarkably well. Plus, all the other Ghostbusters are jealous of how light weight it is. :)
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]