Thrower tiiiiiiiiiime!!

Soooooooooo got my hero thrower built. What an experience that was, stressful but worth every moment. Nick's gun kit is an absolute beast and is really good to work with. Feels really weighty but not heavy if you catch my drift?!? I F'd up some of the dry rubs but after my initial facepalm, I realised they actually tie in really well with the used look I was going for. Accidental win!!

Pic time

Lastly I wanted to share a little video with you! Huge thanks go to David_Germany and Spongeface for making this possible. This is the kicker in my opinion and I'm buzzing with it.

https://vimeo.com/116282812

:D:D:D:D
NickoRay, alphabeta001 liked this
By Lewis Tully
Fantastic looking pack, man! I love the subtle weathering and scratches! Really gives it that used feel. Well done all around!

Edit: AND it plays "On Our Own"!?!?! Too awesome! :D
By thebigone2087
Bro, AWESOME job! I love the sounds you put into it. I have a sound chip with all those sounds in it waiting to be put into a sound board when I finish my GB2 build.

Fantastic job
WOW thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. I'm really humbled so thank you! Glad the scratches and weathering come through LT. You've been a constant motivator throughout so thank you. Thebigone I can't wait to see that build. I've loved both your builds that I've seen. Next on my hit list is a GB Spengler Hero
Grimmy GB wrote:Oh man! Seeing the entirety promotes quite a bit jealousy. Be proud of your work, my friend, as I'm claiming it immaculate!
Thank you kind sir!! Thank you for the unwavering support and encouragement throughout the build.
By Grimmy GB
Venkman's Swagger wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:Oh man! Seeing the entirety promotes quite a bit jealousy. Be proud of your work, my friend, as I'm claiming it immaculate!
Thank you kind sir!! Thank you for the unwavering support and encouragement throughout the build.
I just speak praise when it is deserved.:)
By pyhasanon
Heh, accidental weathering, very nice! Actually, that quote alone makes me a little less afraid of screwing up the dry rub application, because from what I see in your build, it adds a nice subtle "used" touch to it... Looking good, man!
Absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to see it weathered with Fuller's earth.
By MovieSean
love your pack man, I am looking into building a hero pack, i inherited a old homemade pack missing alot of odds and ends and i want to upgrade! i love that your pro GB2, i think if i can i would want mine to play some jackie wilson higher!
pyhasanon wrote:Heh, accidental weathering, very nice! Actually, that quote alone makes me a little less afraid of screwing up the dry rub application, because from what I see in your build, it adds a nice subtle "used" touch to it... Looking good, man!
Thanks Phil. The trickiest part is keeping the paper secure whilst tracing and rubbing the dry rub. I had a real man strop at first but then I looked at the whole picture and it tied in so I was happy. As a product, Vin has the dry rubs spot on and they look loads better than the vinyl labels that go on the thrower.
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to see it weathered with Fuller's earth.
Thank you Bish. I'm dreading the weathering a little because I'm not very arty. I'll definitely be using your build for weathering inspiration. Yours turned out amazing
bishopdonmiguel liked this
MovieSean wrote:love your pack man, I am looking into building a hero pack, i inherited a old homemade pack missing alot of odds and ends and i want to upgrade! i love that your pro GB2, i think if i can i would want mine to play some jackie wilson higher!
Thanks Sean, still feels weird having people say they like my work :)

I love GB2 and the courtroom scene is my all time favourite GB scene, just beating the roof top scene in our beloved original. Higher and higher was also a possibility but when I think of that song I automatically think "Slimeblower". Good luck with your upgrade mate, hopefully you'll document it here
:) Thank you Nick, that's awesome that you think so. I'll be upgrading as I go from this point which means more money in your bank account lol. Hopefully grab your fibreglass thrower and send some lc1 straps to be padded later in the year. Thank you for all the advice and pointers throughout mate
nick-a-tron liked this
Managed to get the weathering done on Stantz. As I've said numerous times I'm not very arty and this really frustrated me because I just wasn't happy with anything I did. I put a load of Fullers Earth in a sock and used it as a powderpuff and then used a dry paint brush to push it into the recesses of the pack but in doing so I found I was just making it look awful so I changed my technique and just used the powderpuff as a brush going against the recesses and I feel this worked better for me. Not the best weathering shots you'll ever see but I'm happy with it.

By rays_occult
Really great job my friend. I think the weathering you have done so far is great, especially on the gun grips around the edges. This pack is a total win and you deserve every bit of the praise you are getting for it :crunch:
It looks great. Do more using a different color then layer in some more! I understand your frustration. I thought I totally screwed the pooch after I used the Fuller's. Until I looked at it later and realized dirty looks better than shiny. Embrace it. It's all about the layers!
rays_occult wrote:Really great job my friend. I think the weathering you have done so far is great, especially on the gun grips around the edges. This pack is a total win and you deserve every bit of the praise you are getting for it :crunch:
My first crunch bar yaaaaaayyy!!! Thank you for the praise and unbelievably kind words mate. You've been a huge help and I'll never forget it, thank you
bishopdonmiguel wrote:It looks great. Do more using a different color then layer in some more! I understand your frustration. I thought I totally screwed the pooch after I used the Fuller's. Until I looked at it later and realized dirty looks better than shiny. Embrace it. It's all about the layers!
Thanks Bish. I'm definitely going to add a bit of grime in colour and build it up like highlighted in your build thread. Your weathering rocks
bishopdonmiguel liked this
By Lewis Tully
Yeah, I agree. A dusty pack is a loved pack. I also agree about adding the layers, but the great thing about Fuller's Earth is if you don't like it wipe it off with a damp cloth and try again. It's something that really brings that Screen used look in my opinion. Even in GB 1 when they were supposed to be "new" or "gently used" the packs were dusty. I guess busting ghosts brings out the dust. Lookin' great, man!
Lewis Tully wrote:Yeah, I agree. A dusty pack is a loved pack. I also agree about adding the layers, but the great thing about Fuller's Earth is if you don't like it wipe it off with a damp cloth and try again. It's something that really brings that Screen used look in my opinion. Even in GB 1 when they were supposed to be "new" or "gently used" the packs were dusty. I guess busting ghosts brings out the dust. Lookin' great, man!
Very true about the fullers earth mate. Will give another dust over tomorrow to see how it accumulates. Thanks again for your encouragement and kindness LT
pyhasanon wrote:Where'd you get your green hose? Color looks darker than the ones you normally see around nowadays...
I got it in my hero thrower kit from Nick buddy.
By Lewis Tully
Venkman's Swagger wrote: Very true about the fullers earth mate. Will give another dust over tomorrow to see how it accumulates. Thanks again for your encouragement and kindness LT
No problem, brother! Glad I could be encouraging. You are doing some good works here! A lot of people here are building some high quality packs, but you have gone above and beyond with the details on this pack. It is awesome and encouraging to see this level of attention to detail.
Lewis Tully wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote: Very true about the fullers earth mate. Will give another dust over tomorrow to see how it accumulates. Thanks again for your encouragement and kindness LT
No problem, brother! Glad I could be encouraging. You are doing some good works here! A lot of people here are building some high quality packs, but you have gone above and beyond with the details on this pack. It is awesome and encouraging to see this level of attention to detail.
:D thank you man, its awesome to have feedback like yours. I appreciate it loads. I'm glad my attention to detail has shone through. I have a few more things to add that'll make it even more accurate but won't spoil the surprise just yet lol

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]