Small update: Haven't had too much time to work on the pack but I have this week off from school so lets do work son!
Got my awesome FreekyGeeky N filter mounted on the shell. I decided not to rivet it on but to mount it with bolts. After building a few packs and seeing problems with my buddies pack, I feel like tapped parts and bolts are the best way to attach things. If you use more permanent methods for parts such as epoxy and rivets it's just going to be a pain in the arse when things break or need to be tightened. You can lock things down as much as you want and they will still get loose/break eventually, trust me. It's just so much easier to open up the pack and tighten parts down than to try and remove epoxy and rivets.
There was a tiny bit of wiggle so I added a 3rd bolt on the rim of the cyclotron for more support (This N-filter had a plate welded there too). It's rock solid now and has that look of the hero pack N-filters. I'm glad I went with the cut N-filter instead of just cutting a hole in my shell.
My beam and Line tubes had some "dents" in the corners. I guess this is just a common artifact of grinding down the welds, there will sometimes be air bubbles underneath the welds. So I filled that corner with metal grade epoxy putty, Just needs some final sanding!
My friend graciously gave me some Legris elbows replicas he got in an ebay lot (We think they are Nickatron) They look great and just need some touch up paint!
Lastly I've been working on some methods to weather the GBfans bellows to more accurately match the color of the screen used ones. Still a work in progress.
That's it for today!