By Rowan J. Zweig
So in plotting out where I want to put my speaker for my pack, and how I want to do it, I was interested to see what some of the other members have done. I've seen some people drill cool looking patterns into their motherboards, also some people have gone the RGB route and made the plate on the motherboard that's a bit more obvious. I'm thinking about doing something like the latter, rather than the former, but I guess I'd like to pull some opinions on different methods.
How many speakers? One or two?

Before drilling into your mobo try to preplan all the intervals.

I placed mined at the bottom because I didn't want it so close to my ears. My speaker isn't fancy it's from the gbfans store which i like and find to have great sound.
By Mat
The gbfans speaker is loud! When I got my kit, I got it with a speaker as well. In the end though, I wound up mounting two 5 1/4" speakers just under the cyclotron and facing towards the motherboard. I drilled holes out in the motherboard for the sound to travel through using a template. I went this route because I didn't want any more weight up near the top of the pack. :)
By plasmar
I mounted my 8" speaker to the motherboard, facing towards my back as I wear it. It sits towards the bottom right behind the cyclotron. I just cut a round hole, no pattern or speaker grill. This seems to allow for the most sound (I wanted the startup sound to be really loud to startle people like in the elevator scene). When I'm wearing the pack you can't really see the bottom of the motherboard anyway. I just have to be careful not to accidentally damage the exposed speaker cone!

I placed my speaker with the screw holes at 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock. The reason for this was so I could mount my cyclotron lenses on the inside of my pack rather than gluing them to the shell itself.
By jonogunn
csullivan1980 wrote: January 9th, 2016, 4:23 amImage

I placed my speaker with the screw holes at 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock. The reason for this was so I could mount my cyclotron lenses on the inside of my pack rather than gluing them to the shell itself.
What does the back side of the motherboard look like with the screws pointing towards the Alice frame?

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]