Finally got some work done again. After MovieSean's heads-up I sanded and washed the inside of the shell to prep for fiberglassing.
I picked up a fiberglass repair kit that I'll use tomorrow when the wife and kids are at work, kindergarten and school.
I've been looking a lot on the SC builds here and liked Riggs' solution with bolts to add the two parts.
I decided for these screws, washers and nuts the last time I was at the hardware store.
I would have chosen some other screws if I've noticed that they had an uneven backside, but I hope an extra washer will make up for that mistake
I've been re-reading Deadpool complete collection vol. 1, and behold:
It worked as a perfect level for my shell
(Must be karma since DP and GB share the same shelf)
I used clamps and took my time to make sure I got it right before I screwed it together. I might get a scaulding for not being accurate, and not knowing enough about the pack but I've noticed that the vacuum line on the spacer somewhat lines up with the third rib on the gearbox (atleast on some of the referance photos I've been looking at)
So I used that as a basis for lining up my two shell parts
Carefully drilled the holes, starting smaller than the screws and working my way up
Ended up with this:
I'm ok with how it turned out.
A little epoxy putty along the seam and it's ready to go [emoji317]
keeping Norway ghost free since 2011My uniform builds
GB1 and GB2 uniform buildsMy first pack and thrower build