By venkman71
Hey, fellow ghostheads!

Fresh off the bench, I bring you the first buildup of the Anovos proton pack kit.

I'm just going to jump right in.....

Here she is, finished.

Just a heads up, this isn't a build thread. It's simply to showcase a quick throw together of the finished kit. We are in the middle of filming a few in depth videos on how this thing goes together and those will be finished and up in a few weeks but until then, here's a few shots of the kit assembled right out of the box.

No mods, no upgrades, just the kit as it comes and with some respectable quick weathering.

Total build time from start to finish, (including trial and error while making notes about possible improvements in the future), decals, light paint and weathering- 7 hours. :cool:

It's ridiculously easy to put together. May as well be Duplo blocks.

NOTE: This pack is pretty much UNPAINTED. It comes with some kind of tough, velvety, black, poly-coating over the parts so really all I had to do was weather it.

Without further ado,.....here she be.

Some shots of the particle thrower....

Just for fun,....here's a shot of the assembled ion arm assembly from the kit in the build video.

And for comparison, the unboxed particle thrower from the new kit, (black), next to the raw fiberglass casting of the GB 2 "Spengler" hero we molded.

Just a quick parting thought on the kit.....from a fan perspective, I can't imagine a better way to spend $600. As a BUILDER,.....I can't imagine a better way to spend $600.

Are there things I would change? A few.

Is it worth bitching about? No.

Can you switch out certain parts to upgrade it to a killer GB 1 OR GB 2 hero? Yep. From the shop on this very site and for very little $$$.

PERSONALLY,.....If I were gonna go house on one of these kits, as a FAN builder? I'd by the lights and sound package from here, upgrade all of the lens caps for the thrower, maybe supplement some of the labels with metallic and a handful of metal upgrades and real clippards and you have the pack you've always wanted.

Like I said, Anovos and a small group of builders set out to create the plug and play proton pack kit we would have killed for back in the day.

I'm pretty ecstatic about it and I hope you are too.

Between this, the upcoming high-end Spengler hero, and my Ectos I dunno how much further I can go down this rabbit hole. Short of buying the firehouse I think it's a mic drop. ;)

<3 you nerdy bastards.

Happy Sunday! :cool:

-V71
Glenn Frederick, Kingpin, twmedford23 and 9 others liked this
This was posted in the General Discussion Anovos thread:
ccv66 wrote:It's a entry level pack as is, a complete easy pack to put together. Unfortunately some designs were altered in order for an easier build, which i think the accuracy will suffer. It will not be putting any prop builder s out of business. Lot of things snap in. Some brass and aluminium knobs.. definitely going to need both clippard valves and upgrade a few resin pieces. One handle is casted around a metal tube, but the grips are casted in too :( the motherboard is plastic. THE GB FANS MOTHER BOARD IS TOO SMALL! so don't order one thinking it's going to fit. Shell looks ok, but it will need to be textured. The motherboard brackets are molded into the shell, probably need to be replaced. This is not a $1500 pack for $600, It's a $600 pack for $600. A few upgrades I'll be happy with it. The wand looks ok, a few years down the line I'll pull a trigger on an all metal wand. I'll activate my Photobucket and try to post some pics later
Say what???? This thing looks INCREDIBLE.
It'd be SO easy. In fact, you bring up a great point that I forgot to mention. This thing makes a great "blank canvas", by which I mean, a great base off of which to do any given mod one may like such as a video game pack/GB 2/GB 1/any given mod.
This may have slam dunked my decision to buy an Anovos Pack. Especially since you just mentioned it makes a great canvas to make various styles of packs, and for years I’ve always wanted to make the video game style pack.
venkman71 liked this
By LeBloop
@Venkman71 This kit is mold on the original pack like the ready to wear one or is it mold on an another master? In an other form the question is, this shell is screen accurate?
Awesome! Thank you so much for the work you put into the video. I’ll be sure to check it out whenever my kit arrives. Went ahead and ordered it after I saw this.

Curious question. Maybe even a silly one. I notice the pack frame. Is that from Anovos, too? Just curious if they started shipping, too.
If by "From Anovos" you mean someone from Anovos handed it to me in the shop then yes! LOL!

I know they're offering them on their website.

I also had three or four ones just gathering dust here in the shop so either way it was getting mounted. There's no way I was finishing that build without FINISHING that build although to be fair I haven't decided on which light kit I'm gonna throw in there.

-V71
By Marcus B
venkman71 wrote: And for comparison, the unboxed particle thrower from the new kit, (black), next to the raw fiberglass casting of the GB 2 "Spengler" hero we molded.

Are there things I would change? A few.

Is it worth bitching about? No.
I am really considering a purchase of the kit. I am not a builder, just a big fan and admire all the work everyone has put in to creating their own packs, etc, but I need something like this kit because I would end up spending 2x as much trying to build one myself.

May I ask, what are the things you would change? Just looking at it, it looks fantastic. Is there something major about it that is inadequate, or is it small details like metallic stickers, the clippard's not being the real deal?

If I do buy this, it'll be something I want to do once. I'll put in lights/sounds, and if there are small fixable details, I might do that over time, but I doubt I'd ever buy another pack unless I become a millionaire and can buy a real movie prop.
Marcus B wrote:
I am really considering a purchase of the kit. I am not a builder, just a big fan and admire all the work everyone has put in to creating their own packs, etc, but I need something like this kit because I would end up spending 2x as much trying to build one myself.

May I ask, what are the things you would change? Just looking at it, it looks fantastic. Is there something major about it that is inadequate, or is it small details like metallic stickers, the clippard's not being the real deal?

If I do buy this, it'll be something I want to do once. I'll put in lights/sounds, and if there are small fixable details, I might do that over time, but I doubt I'd ever buy another pack unless I become a millionaire and can buy a real movie prop.
I'm a builder, but am not an expert on Ghostbusters. This will be my first, and most likely last proton pack I build.

I got my Anovos kit already. I'm waiting for the videos to be released so that I can follow along. In the meantime, I have been purchasing parts that I wanted to upgrade right offf the bat. I think I have all that I'm going to upgrade...everything else looks pretty damn good to me. Here's what I purchased:

LED clip lights (red and clear)
Clippard R701
Clippard R331
Dry rub sticker transfers
white hat light lens
orange hat light lens
Power cell/cyclotron light kit
Proton gun/wand light kit
Proton gun power ribbon
Power cell/cyclotron power ribbon
Amplified sound board
40w shielded speaker
Battery pack for electronics
Aluminum labels

All from GBFans except for the aluminum labels which were purchased on ebay.

The Clippard's that come with the kit really don't look to bad! My biggest gripe was the labels for them. They say Anovos instead of Clippard. I also like being able to twist the knobs, which can't be done on the kit knobs.

I'm not sure what venkman71 would change/add from my above list, but I'm curious!
ccv66, Marcus B liked this
By ccv66
The anovos pack is affordable enough where you can justify upgrading to your liking. I bought clippard valve, but I could totally see someone not believing it's worth the extra $70 dollars, especially if you have the clippards facing down. No one will see the anovos lable. I thought it was worth it, some one else might want to have a real crank knob. Almost like a baseline car than upgrading to leather & sun roof ect.. My Anovos pack cost me over $700 ( not including electronics). I pretty much bought everything above, but I also bought a booster frame and aluminium sheet to cut my on own motherboard. You should at least try to get the bumper & N filter lables which are on eBay for $7, dry rub stickers , orange & white hats.
Marcus B liked this
By Talyn
Damn, for some reason i thought these were $900... for $600 i would be stupid not to get one. Sure beats tracking down all those parts, which mentally just made me not want to even deal with trying to build one.
AmazonChitlin wrote:
Marcus B wrote:

I'm a builder, but am not an expert on Ghostbusters. This will be my first, and most likely last proton pack I build.

I got my Anovos kit already. I'm waiting for the videos to be released so that I can follow along. In the meantime, I have been purchasing parts that I wanted to upgrade right offf the bat. I think I have all that I'm going to upgrade...everything else looks pretty damn good to me. Here's what I purchased:

LED clip lights (red and clear)
Clippard R701
Clippard R331
Dry rub sticker transfers
white hat light lens
orange hat light lens
Power cell/cyclotron light kit
Proton gun/wand light kit
Proton gun power ribbon
Power cell/cyclotron power ribbon
Amplified sound board
40w shielded speaker
Battery pack for electronics
Aluminum labels

All from GBFans except for the aluminum labels which were purchased on ebay.

The Clippard's that come with the kit really don't look to bad! My biggest gripe was the labels for them. They say Anovos instead of Clippard. I also like being able to twist the knobs, which can't be done on the kit knobs.

I'm not sure what venkman71 would change/add from my above list, but I'm curious!
Pretty much the long version of what I mentioned in the initial post, my good man.
PERSONALLY,.....If I were gonna go house on one of these kits, as a FAN builder? I'd by the lights and sound package from here, upgrade all of the lens caps for the thrower, maybe supplement some of the labels with metallic and a handful of metal upgrades and real clippards and you have the pack you've always wanted.
With those add-ons, that's one cherry pack. :cool:

V71
ccv66, Marcus B liked this
By ccv66
The holes seem to line up, so you could put the Anovos on and down the road you could put real clippards. Just don't glue down the parts you think you could possibly upgrade latter on, or maybe just a little hot glue.. most other glues are permanent and you'll be breaking your shell trying to take them off
Marcus B liked this
By AceVenkman
Is there enough room to install a barrel extention lever between the rear handle and the trigger box? Even if it's just for cosmetic purposes?
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]